Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,384 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,466 reviews
on June 11, 2015
WE LOVE Liberty's Kids at my house! The 1 star review is for this particular item/seller/manufacturer.

Our original L.K. DVDs were getting worn out, so I came here to replace them. I could not believe the whole set was only $5 and Prime! It has since gone up in price a bit... but anyway. I didn't bother reading the low reviews because it never occurred to me these would be any different than the original manufacturer's.

Our previously purchased L.K. DVDs were much better quality. These are a cheap knock-off.

My son likes to choose which episodes to watch, and this set makes that much more difficult. It continues to play from wherever you start it.

I would recommend Liberty's Kids to anyone! But buy it from the original manufacturer.
on April 18, 2016
I am not fond of the teaching children only by using textbooks and worksheets. I think learning should be fun, interesting, and captivating. I try to add games, movies, and activities into learning that get my children's attention and makes them crave knowledge. I purchased this DVD to introduce them to some of the great moments of history.

This is an animated DVD that includes many stories including the Boston Tea Party, The First Fourth of July, The Constitution,and many more. It tells the story in a way that draws children in. The children are learning without even knowing it. It helps them ask questions and want to learn more. We then research on the computer or laptop more about what we were just watching and do projects related to that event.

The kids can watch and re watch this and always enjoys it every time. They see it as a cartoon, not as an educational resource.
on December 12, 2014
I loved this series as a kid and was so excited when I found this DVD set.

There are a couple of small details that are annoying enough for me to not give this 5 stars:
1. The 4 DVDs are not separated out into sections. There's one little place for the disks and they stack on top of each other, so you can't access any of them at any given point, but instead have to remove the first three to get to the fourth, and so on. A lot of unnecessary handling of the disks.
2. There is only one DVD menu option on each disk that says "Play All". There's not an "Episodes Menu". You cannot skip around to different episodes within each disk without playing and fast forwarding. With 10 episodes per disk, that's a bit inconvenient.

These are minor details in the long run, but they are still slightly annoying. Other than that, this is a great product and I would highly recommend it.
on September 13, 2008
As a Homeschooling mom this is been a dream come true. It provides the informations in a fun fact filled way that kids really understand what our founding fathers and our people went through to become the United States of America.
I would recommend it for kids ages 4-101! I love watching it too.
To get the complete series in one set is great because watching the individual episodes online at KEWL cartoons is hard because they only offer 5 at a time and generally out of order.
We own a few of the DVD's which were hard to find and we watch them over and over. So, I'm really thrilled to get the complete set all at once and I'll use it in my lesson plans for our Homeschool co-op too.
I know no one who buys this will be disapointed except if your a History Major or professor and you'd only be disapointed that it didn't last longer into the Civil War and the War of 1812.
Maybe they'll carry on at a later date.
My 2 cents thanks for the read.
44 comments| 361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
I love how much history is packed into one episode. I feel like the kids and I can watch an episode a few times and learn something new each time. With around 14 hours worth of material, it will be a while before an episode gets repeated. Some episodes I saw on regular TV on Saturday mornings a few years ago. Others, I saw on Netflix, and I was so disappointed when it was removed. So, I am very excited to be getting the whole thing for $5.00.
I really dislike the way the disks are stored. When the box is opened, all 4 disks are stacked ontop of each other in the same spot. I worry about scratching disk 1 or disk 2 while trying to access disk 3. I feel like the kids shouldn't be allowed to get the disks out of the box, because they might forget to put the top disks back in the case, after getting out the disks that are stored underneath.
on March 6, 2014
The price was great, at $6.99 when I got this, seems to be a recently re-released version (purchased January 2014). I cant say enough about how great the show itself is, but I am surprised at the picture quality. I have borrowed discs of this series from the library from what appeared to be the previous version released on DVD and looked great and they had the same amount of episodes per disc, so you could assume probably the same compression, etc. It was noticeable in my first viewing of the first disc from this version that sometimes what should be the clear lines of animated characters are somewhat grainy, fuzzy, or blurry. It doesn't always happen, but enough to distract me and there is clearly something going on there.
on February 22, 2017
Show specifics: My kids love this series. We homeschool and this is really bringing to life some of our American History reading. It introduces most major figures of the Revolution and also some other interesting people like Phyllis Wheatley. When it introduces a new term, it does so with an explanation. It also tracks what was going on in England at the time.
Disk specifics: I did notice some of the occassional fuzziness and reduced picture quality a few others mentioned but honestly it wasn't bad enough to detract from the overall usability, especially given that I paid $7 for this. There are 4 disks with ten episodes on each and no way to choose one episode, you just have to fast forward it, if that sort of thing bothers you.
Overall I think this was definitely worth the money.
on June 11, 2014
Every elementary school teacher of American History should own a copy of this. The cartoon series does an excellent job of covering all the stories in the American Revolution. My 5th grade students love the series.

The cartoon follows the adventures of three children during the American Revolution. There is a boy Colonial patriot teenager, a girl British loyalist teenager, and a young French immigrant pre-teen. They all stay with Benjamin Franklin and work for his newspaper. The teenagers are reporters for him that report on the war from their respective viewpoints. Each episode is a different event in the American Revolution, be it a battle or an important speech. The episodes are all titled in such a way that you can easily find the one that matches with whatever you are covering in your curriculum. The historical figures are voiced by many famous actors and actresses.

For as cheap as this DVD collection sells for, there is no excuse not to buy it!
on April 25, 2015
I bought this DVDs series for $5. Where else can you get an educational deal like that! We homeschool and this series has been great for helping my 10 year old with US history. We watch the DVDs, discuss them and sometimes look up additional information. The only difficulty I've run into so far was my daughter sorting out which characters are real (Ben Franklin, John Adams, George Washington, etc...) and which are fictional (Sarah, James, Henri, and, Moses) We both also wish they had stuck with the intro music from when the series was on PBS. We liked it much better but obviously that has nothing to do with the quality of the videos, they are excellent and I would absolutely buy them again.
on June 15, 2015
So I didn't see an option for buying this with all the other "extras" as others had stated. This simply was 4 discs in one case. That's really okay for me because I just got 40 episodes of an "educational" video for my classroom for our 'brain breaks'. (They got a little tired of "Magic School Bus" all year long so I got "Liberty Kids" and "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" to mix it up. For about $5 each, it was a great deal.) I really only wanted the exact episodes that were on the TV. That's not exactly what this was. I have a Discovery Streaming account so my kids can watch about 20 of the episodes online, but they are in no particular order. One of my kids favorite things was the little quizzes and games for the 'commercial breaks'. It also showed me who was really paying attention. These are not on the DVD. Also, if you go to the episode menu and select one episode, as soon as it is over, it immediately goes on to the next one instead of going back the menu.