Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Libratone Zipp Wifi Bluetooth Smart Speaker, 360° Loud Stereo Sound with Dual Mic Build-in, 15W Woofer Deep Bass, 12 Hour Playtime, Airplay2 and Spotify connect, Work with Alexa(Graphite Grey)
|Battery Life||10 hours|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PRIMUM SOUND QUALITY: The ZIPP speaker is Designed and Engineered by Libra tone in Denmark for greater dynamic audio, patent FULLROOM technology ensures a immersive room-filling stereo sound in every direction. Big power 100-watt maximum.
- FULLROOM TECHNOLOGY: Proprietary internal structure design with two 1'' tweeter, one 4'' subwoofer, two passive radiators and 360°cone, deliver a booming bass, accurate mid and clear high with zero distortion even at maximum volume.
- TURE WIRELESS: allowed up to 6 ways to enjoy your music, Bluetooth 4.0 works great with iPhones, iPad, Samsung, HTC, instantly reconnects to the last-used device automatically from up to 33 feet away. Connection with PC, TV with 3.5mm audio jack.
- SOTIFY & AIRPLAY2: You can stream whatever you want directly via airplay2 or Spotify connect, don’t worry the signal, the wifi connection enable zero distance limitation, just take your music around house.
- HAVE A PARTY: Thanks to the innovative SOUNDSPACE technology, now you can pair up to 6 zips on the same wireless network, add play the music multi-room for your family, or pair two zips(TWS) playing for right and left channel with enhanced stereo sound.
- PRESET FUNCTION: Listen to your favorite radio with one touch, 5 radio stations can be presented in the speaker, like WLTW, WHTZ, WKTU, KISS, KBIG etc. Built-in dual mic help you to make calls hands-free.
- WORK WITH ALEXA: It’s also a smart speaker, pair or plug in your Amazon Dot, Tap or Echo to any ZIPP speaker and instantly add Amazon Alexa voice control. Tell the Dot or Echo what you want to hear, ZIPP will do it.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
With 10 hours of battery and a wireless portable design, you can take the ZIPP with you to every room and location. Connect with WiFi or Bluetooth. Play anything through AirPlay 2 or Spotify Connect.
360 FullRoom sound
Everyone gets in on the music thanks to a unique design and acoustic FullRoom technology sending full, rich sound in every direction.
ZIPP is multi-room enabled. Connect up to 6 speakers via SoundSpace Link and fill your home with even bigger, bolder sound.
Your favourites are only a tap away. Simply store and play 5 playlists or radio stations. Play each of them with a single touch.
Work perfectly With IFTTT functionality in Alexa from an Echo device or Amazon tablet or stick, or any smartdevice with Alexa, it will definitely elevate your audio experience to another new level, pair 2 Zipps together to enjoy superbe stereo sound or use SoundSpace function connect 6 Zipps in every room, works like premium home audio system.
The WiFi connection range and stability are excellent, you will never lose a connection and no distance limitation anymore. play music via Airplay on your IOS devices, or play them on your Android devices through Libratone App.
Preset 5 your favorite playlist or internet radio station, streaming online directly without invorking Alexa or your smart phone, play a podcast, a station, a album, a genre, just press the heart button on the top of the speaker.
Compare with similar items
ZIPP is modern wireless music for the home.The Libra tone ZIPP offers 360° sound for a unique full-room sound experience. You’ll never have to sacrifice sound quality for portability with ZIPP’s deep bass, full midrange, and crisp highs. Connect over Bluetooth, WiFi, Airplay (iOS), Airplay 2 (Coming soon), or DLNA (Android) and enjoy sound that can be heard throughout the whole room. Add in the 60-watt speaker power, and you have a superior acoustic experience above the rest. Designed for ultra-portability, ZIPP is the best portable speaker for multi-room listening. Simply pick it up with the attached strap and place it in the kitchen, bedroom, or deck – wherever you want awesome sound. Truly the best wireless speaker, ZIPP is completely battery-operated and needs no AC cord. And with a 10+ hour battery life, you can enjoy music all day long.Stream anything – and we mean anything. Stream all of your favorite audio and video apps natively, including Amazon Music, Apple Music, Pandora, Netflix, YouTube, and future apps. You can even stream Spotify Connect and Internet Radio directly from ZIPP without needing your phone. ZIPP meets your need for Spotify speakers without sacrificing your other favorite music services. Redefine multi-room sound by connecting up to six ZIPP speakers over Wi-Fi to experience immersive sound in one area or spread over multiple rooms. ZIPP is also Amazon Alexa Compatible! Plug in or pair your ZIPP speaker to your Amazon Dot, Tap or Echo and you can instantly add Alexa voice control to your speaker(s). Customize your sound. Choose from the original ZIPP, which measures 12.2 x 26.1 inches and provides 100 watts of power. ZIPP comes in four different colors: Cloudy Gray, Deep Lagoon, Graphite Gray, and Victory Red. Our stylish Scandinavian design looks great in any room.Libratone is proud to offer you the best multi-room speakers on the market. That’s why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. In addition, we are here to help you with 24/7 US based customer support for all Libra tone products.
From the Manufacturer
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So .. I've now had these speakers for a few months and all I can say is .. If you like the sound of 1 speaker .. Having 2 speakers in the same room is unbelievable. You are totally immersed in unbelievable sound .. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend these speakers.
Warnings and Advice:
- LIbratone is still working on the many different WiFi configurations. Some work well, others less so. Be sure to test yours thoroughly in the first week. If you have any issues CALL tech support ASAP. They can help.
- If you contact Libratone Tech support, call them, do not use their e-mail address. They are fairly responsive to the phone, but not at all via e-mail.
- I've seen that Libratone frequently comments, "if you're not satisfied, we will make the refund happen," At first, this was not apparent when I was working to return the speakers through customer service. However, after contacting Mike Culver, Libratone's President, it was clear that they stand behind their product and customer satisfaction statement. I received a full refund.
- If you decide to get these speakers, do not buy them through Amazon. If you have issues, Amazon will charge you about $50-60 restocking fee, per speaker if you go over the 30-day return period. It will take you at least 30 days to try to resolve issues.
1. Firmware upgrade did not resolve the Alexa integration issue cataloged within a support ticket to Libratone
2. On multiple occasions factory resets have been required in an effort to get the speaker to function as advertised
3. Speaker regularly drops wifi connection and stops playing music over bluetooth
4. Unable to reconnect, via Libratone app, phone browser session or laptop browser session
5. The app fails to recognize the speaker after what seems to be a successful connection
6. Music, when streaming functioned properly, was dodgy at best with multiple interruptions
7. App when it does function properly, does not provide all features for use
I would hope Libratone would issue a RMA for the product and fix it accordingly as it is within the warranty period; purchased Nov 2017. Customer service has been, thus far, equally abhorrent. Solutions listed as a fix to the experienced issue have yet to yield a working solution.
Top reviews from other countries
Great overall (reviewing big one).
1) Great deep sound.Bass is really strong and thing is loud and really impressive for the size
2) 360 sound really works. Sound is even and pretty cool
3) Looks nice. I am not big fan of looks, especially white themed, but this one really works for me.
4) Did not experience any connection issues
5) No sound difference between different type of connections. I had an experience with by Bluetooth headphones, when sound from Bluetooth was not only worse, but sounded on another price category. This one does not suffer from it. WiFi, Bluetooth and direct wire produced consistently great sound.
6) Battery is superb. I do not have daily scenario where I ran out of power during the day and do not feel pressure to plug it in every time I am near the plug. Expect at least full work day of work from battery (would vary depending from sound, connection type and quality)
1) Surface matters. When bass is playing speaker vibrates pretty hard. Some surfaces will make sound even better, but might make it worse. Anyway you should expect it, so not a + or -
1) Got bugs. I keep hearing some sort of beeps from the speaker once every hour or so. No idea why or how to turn it off. I tried customer support, no response yet.
2) App needs to be loaded before use. You will not be able to just keep your app opened as the remote (android). Every time you switch screen off, you will have to reload the app,wait for it to reconnect to speakers.
3) If you want to watch videos and use speaker as the source you pretty much stuck with Bluetooth or wire. At least I did not figure out the way to transmit sound from PC via wi-fi without a sound delay (actually I did airplay and -1.6 second of sound sync on player. But this would not work with everything).
4) Lows are better then highs. I do not say that highs are bad. Low sounds just overpowers high sounds. As the result sound can be a bit muffled at the times.
Not 100% perfect as anything in this life, but I really enjoy the speaker. I do lack stereo sound, so I do think about the second one. However I am interested in getting better highs from the second one. So if they will make new model with not as good of the bass but better highs, would work perfect for me. From the looks of it Zipp mini can be a solution, but my concern that it is significantly smaller and I am not sure if I can make even stereo sound this way. 2 same sized speakers would definitely be better from this perspective.
Cons for 2 pieces:
1) Do not work in pair (together) via bluetooth. So if you want to carry that for a picnic or something, you are likely to play one speaker at a time. I guess you can set up mobile hotspot with a phone. But I am 80% sure interruptions would be bad.
Setting up Airplay with Windows for both video and music:
1) Get app called TuneBlade, that is the only one I found that worked + the cheapest one.
2) Do not connect speakers together in native app or disconnect.
3) Connect Zipp to your computer
4) Set up delay to real time
I would recommend to increase buffer time when watching videos on player with sound delay function or listening to the music. As you will have occasional noise otherwise. But I am using this set up for over a week and really like it, nothing too annoying.
After that everything might work or you might have interruptions. That can be fixed by fiddling with Wi-Fi router. There would not be 100% solution that fits all. In general I would say lower channel width + MPDU aggregation (advanced wifi options on router) would do the trick.
- Music cuts out every couple minutes for long periods of time, tried on multiple networks, multiple services including Apple Music, Amazon music, Spotify. All had similar results, and all work flawlessly on all my other devices over the same networks.
- maximum volume was surprisingly low considering this is a 100 W speaker. I put it side-by-side with my Sony SRS-X33, which is a 20 W Bluetooth speaker, and the volume was similar although the Libratone did have no distorsion at max volume. At about 70% volume, the two speakers sounded very similar in both volume and quality.
- The battery drained much faster than expected, as in this is rated for 10 hours,
- While the sound quality of the speaker seemed good, after reading all the reviews online, I expected much better for the speaker this price.
- there are A few awkward behaviours with the app, for example if You try to change the Wi-Fi of the speaker through the app, it ignores your selection, and will only connect to the same Wi-Fi that the controlling device (iPhone) is connected to. Also if you Queue up a playlist from Spotify using your iPhone, then later try to control volume of the speaker from another device, it also controls the volume of the iPhone. This is not behaviour I would normally expect.
Unfortunately, I’ve decided to return this purchase.
It is quite powerful for such a small speaker. Bass is sharp and strong.
Stereo effect is not there but it fills the room nicely. To get the best of it, it is better to put it at least 1 or 2 meters away.
You can use it without your cell phone (though you need one to configure it at the beginning): get music from a USB key or stream radios that you put in favs (5 slots available).
I like the fact that there is a timer to switch it off (via the phone app).
I bought it for its mobility: play outdoor and when we go on vacation. I also use it a lot at home to carry the music in different rooms, while waiting for a better sound system. I would not build a multi-room system from it since it lacks optical-in connectivity.
After 2years use, I decided to get another one to make it a stereo system for my computer, things got ugly from here. It has 1.6 seconds lag, make it impossible to use for anything other than play music. The left right channel settings often lost after a reconnect even the settings seems right in the app. I endup use a airplane headphone adapter as a stereo to mono convertor, and two 3.5mm extension cable connect two speakers, made it as a traditional wired speaker.