Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Top Contributor: Petson July 29, 2017
I've read all of Chealseas books and have loved all of them. She is so funny and the way she writes makes it easy to dive in and feel like you where right there watching it all unfold into a hilarious story.
on September 1, 2017
So funny! Easy read, I laughed throughout the book. If you watched her show, and are familiar with the writers of stories- definitely buy the book- you will definitely enjoy reading :)
on January 5, 2012
Chelsea Handler never lets anyone down. This book is comical stories of the cruel, mean and downright awful things she has done to her friends, family, coworkers and poor boyfriend. Throughout the whole book, I'm just about falling over in my chair laughing uncontrollably. Many times I couldn't help but to think to myself, why the heck do these people believe some of the things that she says?! It's no wonder she gets on these people, because most are very gullible around Chelsea. What also amazes me as that these people still work for her after the terror Chelsea put them through.

The book was very well written and very funny. Honestly, you wouldn't even know that other people took part in the book because it's as funny as Chelsea's books as well.

Chelsea Handler is a comedy GENIUS (as well as many of the staff of Chelsea Lately). I truly hope that she comes out with more books in the near future.
on July 15, 2011
I am a HUGE Chelsea Handler fan and have read all of her books. I was excited to read this book about Chelsea and her crazy antics and for the most part it kept me fairly entertained. The problem with having a compilation of stories from different people is that some people are just better writers than others. Some of the comedians that are really funny on her show just didn't deliver when it came to getting their jokes across on paper. I think that being funny while writing is a real talent and unfortunately not everyone has that talent. So some chapters are super funny and some just made me cringe. Overall, it does give great insight into who Chelsea is and all the torment she puts her friends and family through! The highlights for me were the chapters written by Chelsea's siblings. Their chapters were actually funnier than the ones written by her staff, which surprised me. And of course the absolute funniest parts of the book are the short commentaries that Chelsea writes at the end of each chapter! Loved it! I would totally recommend it, but just know going in that it will not be as hilarious as a Chelsea original.
on May 31, 2011
I've felt Chelsea's books were on a decline. The first was phenomenal (5-stars), the second was still funny but not as great, and the third was mostly disappointing and uncomfortable. I wasn't going to buy another book by her but gave this a chance because it wasn't by chelsea. I figured fresh authors could pull her books up from the decline.

The first chapter by Baby Bird Johnny is HILARIOUS -- I was so happy I'd bought this book. Then it started to wain. After the first few chapters I was bored and tired of the stories. All of the writers are good writers, and funny people, but it just got old reading about all of Chelsea's pranks. It was just too easy to put down and when I'd finally pick it up again I'd think "gah here we go again." I guess I lost interest.

Also if you're a sympathetic person this book isn't for you. The entire book is about awful things chelsea has done to people. Cruel, horrible things. If you can't laugh at someone else's expense, (and good for you, I wish I was more like you) avoid this book.

Funny parts for sure, but overall, the decline continues.

Update: I forgot to mention an entire chapter is dedicated to an email thread between Chelsea Lately and the exces about censoring the show. I saw this in a previous book and thought it was "filler" -- could really do without email chapters in the next book!
on August 18, 2011
My Horizontal Life made me laugh out loud so many times that people would look at me like I was crazy. Especially on an airplane. I suggested this book to everyone I would talk to about how funny it was. Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea, was also very funny. Then came the down fall.... Bang Bang Chelsea Chelsea. The first 2 chapters were just wrong. It made me uncomfortable, I should not be reading about a little girl who learns to masturbate at 8years old. If the 3rd chapter kept on, I was going to have to stop. It had its funny points, but not nearly as funny as the first 2 books. Lastly, I read Lies that Chelsea Handler told me. Some of the "stories" that were written come up again but from the other persons point of view. It was ok, but I really didn't laugh as much as book 1&2. One point her dog "Chunk" writes a chapter about her. Lame. But - whatever. It's a Chelsea book. I gave 4 stars for overall series since the first two books had me rolling on the floor....
on June 24, 2011
I said in my review for "Horizontal Life," that I would have loved to be friends with Chelsea Handler while in my twenties, but prefer to read about her from a distance now. This book is verification. Anecdote after anecdote of lies and deceptions, although funny, make me think she would have made me cry, given me ulcers, and who knows what else. Reading the stories though: pretty funny.

Some of the people obviously had help with the writing and that's more or less acknowledged, but it's for the better. Chelsea sounds like a loving and giving friend who delights in torturing people. Some of her pranks really ARE mean, but it sounds like she takes people on vacations to exotic locations, and so that might help compensate. :)

Light and entertaining. A good reader when you don't want to think too hard and would prefer to read the Machiavellian scheming of a diabolical mind.
on October 16, 2017
Enjoyable and funny. Would never want to be pranked by her. At least she's real. I definitely recommend. Hoping more books in the future.
on May 21, 2011
This book starts with what I would call, and introduction, by non other than the compulsive liar herself, Chelsea Handler. She introduces you to some of the shenanigans that she has gotten herself into, and also gives you a cute little guide of the names that she has used in previous books for people who want the world to know who they are. It's a very funny and interesting story, and you can tell that most of them were trying to keep you interested by trying to copy Chelseas' style of writing, and it's very funny at some parts, but also dull at others. If you're expecting a funny story like Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, or Are you there Vodka? It's me Chelsea. You'll be disappointed, but at the same time, it's funny and insightful to her life as well.
on July 28, 2015
Got this book for my wife because she's a big fan. I have read a little of it so far and it's definitely funny.