Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Life of Abraham Lincoln Paperback – January 6, 2018
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Abraham Lincoln has made it possible for a man so inexperienced and so unprepared for the presidency to become a great moral leader. In the most troubled of times, here was a man who led the country out of slavery and preserved a shattered Union -- in short, one of the greatest presidents this country has ever seen.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is unique in that it is written by a general in the Union Army..though he never mentions that in the book. The author actually knew Lincoln, fought for the Union and can knowledgably speak of the other generals and the civil war as he was involved.
But this is not a book about Henry Ketcham, much to his credit. It's a loving book of Lincoln. It is not a book to learn the history of the time, though you do. It's a book to make you feel as if you actually knew Lincoln. Reading the Eulogies at the end of the book brings tears to your eyes and makes you realize what a truly great man he was. Not just a great President, that's obvious, but a great man.
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. The suppressed Truth about the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln (1922)
3. The Real Lincoln: From the Testimony of His Contemporaries (1904)
4. The Inner Life of Abraham Lincoln: Six Months at the White House (1867)
5. Abraham Lincoln
6. Personal Recollections of President Abraham Lincoln, General Ulysses S. Grant and General William T. Sherman
7. The Outbreak of Rebellion
8. Memories of the White House: The Home Life of Our Presidents from Lincoln to Roosevelt (1911)
9. Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902)
10. Truths of History: A fair, unbiased, impartial, unprejudiced and conscientious study of history. (1920)