Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 22, 2015
First published in the late 1970s, I believe this book is still the best introduction to the phenomenon known as the "Near Death Experience" (NDE). Whether you're a believer, skeptic, agnostic, atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Jew, Wicca--makes no difference, since the experience has been documented to happen to anyone regardless of their cultural influences or upbringing. If you have heard the phrase "near death experience" but have only a vague notion of what this entails, I urge you to pick up this book and read it--if you keep an open mind, it could change your life :)

Simply put, the NDE may give us a preview of what happens to humans when we die. I first read this book around 1985 and found it both fascinating and enlightening. It is very straightforward and even-handed in it's reporting--without religious overtones from the author, although he does draw correlations between NDE's and their possible appearance in texts such as the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Bible & Greek philosophy. At the time of publication, Dr. Moody had only investigated about 150 cases total--since then, as the technology to resuscitate patients has improved, thousands more have experienced the NDE. The book also created an open dialogue about NDE's and many more who had kept the experience secret (for fear of being ridiculed) have come forward with their story.

If this book whet's your appetite for more on the subject (and much has been written about NDE's since) let me recommend a few more titles for continued reading:

The Light Beyond by Raymond Moody -- in my opinion, the best of his follow-up books on the subject.
On Life After Death by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D. -- One of the pioneers of NDE research & best known for defining "The 5 Stages of Grief & Dying." She & Moody were both studying NDE's at the same time without being aware of each other's research.
The Tunnel and The Light by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D. - Another collection of her writings & lectures on the subject of NDE's.

Although there are many more books on the subject (some by researchers, others by those who experienced an NDE firsthand) I always recommend these first as they are well-researched and, in my opinion, present the subject with the least amount of bias.
on August 26, 2017
I really enjoyed this book, it gave me a whole new perspective on death and what follows. With all the research and interviews the author did, it's hard not to believe that there actually is a Life after Life.. I think everyone that might be afraid of death should read this book, it could just change their lives!!
on December 31, 2016
The book is mainly recollections of people's near-death experiences. However, the recollections are often quite brief (some as short as a few sentences), so the book leaves you wanting more. After a while, you realize you're just reading story after story after story of people's experience with almost crossing over, but nothing in-depth. I was hoping for a little more, but ultimately the book gives insight and some reassurance.

~*Moody Thursday*~
on May 11, 2017
This is a wonderful book! It is written in clear, easy-to-understand English, and is very clear in describing this complex subject. I read it when it first came out, and have had to buy it multiple times, because I keep giving it away to somebody who needs the information. It is THE book to read first if you are new to the concept of Near Death Experiences. It painlessly gives you the language and concepts you need to know, enriched by case study quotes.
on January 31, 2017
Life After Life is clinical dissection and analysis of a spiritual event allotted to each and everyone of us. We all have questions about the death and dying process, this book may offer some alternative views . Knowing that this physical life is not the end, but, rather, the beginning be assured that there's Life After Life.

different
on January 7, 2014
Life after Life by Dr. Moody is a definite must have for anyone interested in near death experiences. Other NDE books I have read (I have read 12 or so of them) would refer to this book by Raymond Moody! After the second reference to this book in other books I was reading, I had to get this one to see what they were talking about. Life after Life is definitely one of my favorite NDE books. It is really one of the pionneering books of the past century. There are much older books and journals on the subject, but Life after Life is one that was very influential in bringing this subject out of the darkness in to the light. Another great pioneering book is Return from tomorrow by George Ritchie.
on May 9, 2017
Having lost my wife to cancer several months ago, this book was most assuring as I now feel that she is happy in heaven. Many of the stories given by NDE'ers convinced me that she was welcomed into heaven by Christ and her relatives. Thank you Raymond Moody.
on September 15, 2017
A very interesting book. I enjoyed listening to it via audio while walking.
on August 14, 2017
Moody makes a great read and a well-defined and documented look at the last taboo- death. From this book came thenow common phrase "near-death experience".
on August 1, 2016
great book, great subject matter. and dr. moody is the king of this subject.