Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 309 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 418 reviews
on August 21, 2016
This book isn't proof of the after life. And I don't think that was Raymond Moody's intent was to offer irrefutable evidence of life after life, but for anyone who wants to hear stories from people who've had interesting experiences near death, they're told well in this book. As depressing as a book about death might seem, this book left me feeling positive and reignited my curiosity about the nature of our lives here. Maybe there is a life after life...

But I found it strange that everyone's personal experience was so pleasant. Seems like Raymond Moody is just telling us what we want to hear. 'Now now there's no need to worry.. Death isn't so bad" is almost what it feels like. I know I've heard about death experiences that weren't so pleasant. Why did Raymond Moody exclude the more negative experience?

Non the less, still a heartwarming and interesting book to read.
on May 26, 2017
This is a fascinating compilation of Dr. Moody's years of research into near death experiences of people of all races, social classes and personal belief systems all over the world. The common elements of their NDEs is remarkable. This is well worth reading .

A.A.
on September 28, 2013
Like a lot of readers my interest in Near Death Experiences is fueled in part by the loss of a close family member.

I read this book based on Raymond Moody's reputation stretching back to the original book from 1975.

This book is not written from a personal perspective but rather the research of more than one hundred cases where people died and came back to life.

It's a fast read and well organized. The author covers a lot of ground in a short number of pages. Dr. Moody examines the similarities and also documents that no two experiences are identical. There is no bias or angle to "Life After Life."

This book would be a very good choice for readers looking to start reading on NDEs.
on March 25, 2017
The author has compiled testimony on apparent after death experiences and has offered various explanations for what reportedly happened to those testifying.
on January 5, 2017
Though overall liked the content, I still had so many unanswered questions. I realize that I'm not going to get everything answered because no one dies and comes back. It just left me wanting more answers, unsettled! Also while the book being good there were a few sections that did not hold my attention. Having stated this I would still recommend it! There was definitely a degree of comfort even though it alternated with subjects also expressing agitation and fear.
on July 19, 2017
Very encouraging book. I loved that he had done the research and gave credence to people who had near death experiences.
on March 22, 2017
My husband had this book a long time ago - wanted to re-read it but couldn't find it. So I ordered another copy for him and he's happy.
on September 15, 2013
I truley believe the author had this encounter, it is well written and documented. As an educated brain surgeon I think he is well qualified to be able to distinguish between drug induced fantasies and acctual happenings. I and I know a few people that have had dreams that are so vivid that You tend to think they are real the problem is that these dreams are usualy disjointed and don't flow together like reality does. in the authors account everything flows together just as a person would experience any happening in real life. Of course I understand that a person could take any dream and write it down so that everything flows together, but the author puts everthing into perspective and with his credentials its hard to deny His experience.
Harold
on November 6, 2016
First of all seller was great - book arrived quickly before promised date and in great condition. I have bought and read numerous copies of this book over the years - and always end up giving it away to someone who has lost somebody because it is a great comfort and great read and very encouraging that there is proof of life after death. This one went to my neighbor - and I will be buying more copies I am sure.
on July 5, 2017
A very insightful and somehow comforting peek into something many have pondered. A little dry at times, but worth the read. Moving on to Dr. Moody's other books!