Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 550 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 893 reviews
on August 22, 2015
My favorite Wes Anderson movie. Thoughtful, exciting and clever.
It has a whimsical style that is amusing which contrasts the issues a man or woman face when they realize that perhaps life is passing them by. That their best years are behind them and many of their dreams didn't and likely aren't going to be fulfilled.
The music is exceptional. I never imagined Bowie on Portuguese would be a good fit in a movie, but it's perfect here.
The underwater scenes are unique. Colorful, beautiful, surreal!
The cast, like in all of Anderson's movies, is odd yet fits the oddity of script perfectly.
It will be more enjoyable for the older crowd as it deals with themes more relatable to those in middle age.
After watching it, whether you like it or not, you will find it unique!
A strangely surreal movie that pulls you in. The settings are almost cartoon like (as are many of the sea creatures) but the characters are real, and the plot is nicely developed. An absolute must for Bill Murray fans.
on May 27, 2016
Wes Anderson is a favorite in our house and this movie does not disappoint. If you like quirkiness and dry humor, watch this movie. The details are amusing and the whole movie is just a fun break from reality without getting too weird.
on January 30, 2017
Great music, great acting, funny and poignant
on August 22, 2017
I watched this years ago with my daughter. It affects me deeply, stirring up feelings about watching Jacques Cousteau documentaries as a young girl. It has comedic moments, but this isn't a laugh-out-loud sort of movie, at least not for me. It frequently wanders into the supremely surreal. This is more of a Groundhog Day sort of movie for Bill Murray. This will be one of those movies I plan on watching over and over.
on August 4, 2014
I've been waiting for a Criterion Collection edition of The Life Aquatic to come out for YEARS! This is my favorite Wes Anderson movie and I've been desperate for this edition. It has exceeded my expectations. The special features, particularly the behind-the-scenes documentary, are stellar. The effects look brilliant in blu-ray. This was well worth the wait!
on January 15, 2017
In my opinion this is the greats movie of all time... but most people will really like it. The characters are great, the music is top notch and the plot is really something. I loved it and watch it often.
on September 8, 2016
Back when I was a stoner this movie made me laugh in ways I never could. Great artistic direction. Great Bowie covers.
on July 6, 2014
this remains my favorite wes anderson film. i know it seems like it gets much less praise than other still great works by him like royal tenenbaums, rushmore and moonrise kingdom, but to this day having seen every feature film by him i can't say any of them have made me laugh as hard or immersed me as much as this one. steve zissou is a man who goes through grief, adventure, danger and redemption and is both a jerk and hero all in this movie. anderson's ability to impeccably take such real emotions and put them in to the wildest stories is at its best here. coupled with the wonderfully stylized shots and great sense of humor makes this one of my favorite movies of all time.
on February 21, 2017
One of my favorite Wes Anderson's.