Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on February 22, 2009
I had a terrible time trying to determine my color type according to their guidelines. I found myself in three different categories! It was very frustrating. In general I look better in warm colors, but there are many cool tones that are also beautiful on me. Their palettes simply did not work for me. I also agree with the reviewer who pointed out the "dishonest" photos and silly and irrelevant digressions. Don't spend good money on this book. Borrow it or wait until it hits the bargain bin.
on December 27, 2008
This book puts a fresh new spin on the concept of choosing colors that suit your personal body and hair coloring. Without totally abandoning the concept of warm/cool, and seasonal color types as first revealed in "Color Me Beautiful", "Life in Color" goes beyond yet is somehow more specific, tying in the colors that suit you with your personal style. After reading and studying every book I could find on the subject, and even working as a color consultant, I finally found a book that made absolute sense, and gave a new clarity to choosing the colors in your wardrobe. Lots of great photos, well-written, a really enjoyable read.
on May 18, 2009
This is a very fun book but I am still feeling a bit clueless. I can't tell the subtle differences between some of the colors in the book, and I'm still not sure what color type I am even with the book. Plus the style types were a bit confusing, and seemed like a plug for the authors' other book. The style types all seemed kind of unusual to me - I didn't feel like I fit into any of their style categories. So over all, a fun book, perhaps for a coffee table book or for a gift to someone, but not as useful a book as I had hoped for.

UPDATE: I like the authors' other book, "Work It," much better. It clears up all of the ambiguity and confusion that I found in this book. "Work It" includes the same color types and style designations as "Life in Color," but I found the material much easier to process. If you only buy one book from Jesse Garza, I'd choose "Work It."
on January 8, 2017
Granted, this book does have its disadvantages. It's hard for anyone to fit neatly into any one color category. And the palettes only show about 30 colors when there are a million and one variations on each color. Then also, in the before and after pictures, it shows the women wearing noticeable makeup with their good colors even though good colors do NOT put makeup on you. That said, I think this is a great DIY manual for finding the colors that work best on you. It does give you a great starting point and it also gives you great ideas on how to use color based on your personal style.
on July 14, 2015
I have spent all my life in the completely wrong color. Please don't even look any further. These powerhouses will finally help you to find, absolutely, the correct color. I am a Prima Donna, and, alas, getting older, I am a cool with olive skin, who always thought me to be an EARTH, but my eyes pop, skin becomes radiant, and lips plump when I finally found myself as a STAR coloring. Makes sense to me. I feel like I have a new lease on youth!
on February 5, 2009
This is a dishonest book. The examples are manipulated to their advantage. To explain: the models in the pictures with them wearing the *WRONG* colors are shot with sour expressions, unattractive poses and clothing and little makeup NO lipstick or blusher etc.
The models shot wearing the *RIGHT* colors are shot with huge smiles, very attractive poses & outfits and full total airbrush makeup.
The tone of this book is smarmy, who cares what Rita Wilson thinks about color (is she known for anything other then Tom Hanks wife and a bit part in Sleepless in Seattle?) and their friend, shown dressed to the nines in the beginning of the book looks like a train wreck. If this is the advice they are pushing, I pass.
An expensive book that is cheating, I do not trust their advice.
on June 3, 2014
I think the color matching system described in this book is better than the season-matching system of Suzanne Caygill. You do not have any confusion to which color set you belong after you review this book. I recommend to take a look at this book. I personally found it very useful.
on January 10, 2012
I think every single woman should know her color type in order to look beautiful and stylish without spending excess amount of money on clothes that won't flatter them. It even can help you with designing interiors, etc. Very beautiful, quality book.
on April 30, 2012
We love this book!Three generations took turns analyzing each other, including the two and three year olds. We intend to share with the fourth generation this summer. We love the pictures and the take along color swatches.
on October 22, 2011
This book is great. The authors give specific pictures and guides to help you figure out how to add color into your wardrobe in practical ways. You don't have to look like a weirdo/fashion model to pull off their ideas. Very fun book.