Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 2, 2016
I wish I would have had this book ten years ago. My husband and i are already retired and we do not have any credit card debt but had I done a few things differently, we would have had a nice nest egg to match. I confirm what Stacy says that life without credit card debt is awesome. Not only is there no worry about paying bills but a life of not needing "stuff" is also freeing. We have and do use the Costco credit card (paid in full every month) for the reward points. We charge utilities, groceries, etc. This makes bill paying easy and the reward points add up quickly. Our freedom of not needing stuff keeps us from charging stuff. Life is good. So why would I read this book - always open to learning more ways to save or grow our dollars and i did learn new things.. Also recommend signing up for his newsletter on Money Talks News.
on August 19, 2017
Plain and simple, loaded with great information. A must read for any of us looking to take control of our financial lives. Stacy gives a great but concise history that makes you stop and think. And lays out a plan, that if followed, will have the results you desire and need.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2011
I have read many a getting out of debt book. Most mention reducing your lifestyle considerably until your debts are paid off, including selling many things you may enjoy having, but that can be extremely unpleasant or difficult to most people. This book recommends finding something you love and finding ways to save money in your budget to create a "debt destroyer" and using this "debt destroyer" money every month to speed up paying off your debt. This allows you to adjust your lifestyle as much as you are comfortable without having to reduce your lifestyle to bare minimum. The technique taught in this book can be difficult at times and may take a bit longer to get out of debt than other books, but you still become debt free, and your lifestyle is not destroyed with the debt.
on August 27, 2016
One of the best books around for those who want to pay off debt, create a budget that works, and save money.
on June 11, 2015
As always, Stacy is clear and concise in explanations. Good basic guidelines for staying focused on debt control.
on August 4, 2013
My husband loves this book! We've bought more to give to family members. Very easy to read and understand! Great get out of debt plan that really works and doesn't involve paying outside sources to get rid of debt for you.
on November 13, 2017
Excited to read all about it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 16, 2015
This is an excellent book that should be mandatory on the high school level or the college level or the 50-year-old getting ready to enter retirement years level. Great advice that can be used by all
on March 15, 2010
This is an excellent how-to book on getting out of debt fast, and staying debt free. With wit and wisdom, Stacy Johnson reminds us that wasteful ways trap people in a cycle of debt. We have to be our own best friends and be vigilant in avoiding common pitfalls that rob us of our hard earned cash. If you follow this plan, you will be able to solve your financial problems and avoid new ones.
on October 11, 2012
Very informative but doable may be in question. The book assumes that in the years you pay down or off your debt that there are no financial emergencies or un-expected bills that arise. Also, you must be very focused to follow the plan. I did get inspired to be debt free but now comes the hard part. Still I found it worth thinking about to possibly see if I can do it.