Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on January 26, 2017
Our bodies become the raw materials of the next generations of everything living...not a new thought, but a timely reminder. Aa atom or two of the ancients live on in us all. What matters is that we do not disrupt this live-giving cycle, by burial practices that deny this need.
on July 16, 2013
The first book that I read by Bernd Heinrich was called,
"Winter World". I really loved it. It was about how animals hibernate
and about this writer's love for nature and animals.
He writes with wonder and the story reads like a novel.
I own most of his books now and really like this author.
"Life Everlasting" was no exception. I think it is one of my favorites
by him.
on March 23, 2016
Bernd Heinrich is one of my favorite authors when it comes to nature and all of its creatures. This book delved into death from nature's perspective - and adds humans into the mix. Don't want to spoil the reading, but for naturalists, animal lovers, curious minds - you can't go wrong with Mr. Heinrich's books.
on June 20, 2017
If I could write a book it would be this. We've got to get/give back to
Nature to preserve it.
on March 6, 2016
Bernd Heimrich is ALWAYS interesting and highly informative. I have read many of his books and never been disappointed or bored. He can make the most intensive study into an intriguing story and you come away with new understanding.
on June 5, 2013
I loved this bok. He has a lovely way of presenting facts in a matter of fact kind of way. I look at my surroundings so much more carefully. When it is quiet and I can hear all the birds in my yard, I think of this book. My recommendation for this book is to read it. You can read it lots of times and still not be bored.
on July 28, 2014
Fascinating book about "natures undertakers" and how the web of life and death is dependent on animals such as wolves, crows and vultures, dung beetles and wasps, all of whom have a job to do. Very interesting and easy to read.
on November 3, 2015
For the lover of the crow, this is a must-read. I didn't know his postdoc was John Marzluff, the foremost researcher of Corvids in North America. He puts death in a practical optimistic perspective.
on August 27, 2012
I really loved this book. That I did not want it to end is in keeping with the whole point of the book. I loved the science, the writing, and the sketches. I loved the reflections over a life of experience, keen observation, and reflection. As I praise this book to friends, they give me a funny look because it is about death -- a whole new way to look at death. This my second Bernd Heinrich book. I signed-on to shop for more.
on August 12, 2016
I love this author, he makes simple complicated matters of life and death. One of my favorite authors.