Life Extension Lactoferrin Caps - Apolactoferrin - Supports a Healthy Immune Response – Gluten-Free – Once Daily – Non-GMO, Vegetarian – 60 Vegetarian Capsules
|Price:||($0.75 / Count)|
Enhance your purchase
|Ingredients||Bioferrin (from bovine whey) [providing 95% of Apolactoferrin] 300mg, Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, stearic acid. See more|
|Material Feature||GMO Free, Vegetarian|
|Item Weight||0.13 Pounds|
|Unit Count||60 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.2 x 2.2 x 3.75 inches|
About this item
- PROMOTES A HEALTHY IMMUNE RESPONSE – Lactoferrin is a nutrient found in mother’s milk, so it’s one of the first you ever received. This is a good thing, because lactoferrin helps promote both innate and adaptive healthy immune responses.
- NATURAL KILLER CELL ACTIVITY – Your immune system’s defense arsenal includes Natural Killer cells, or “NK cells” for short. These cells are your immune system’s first responders: they get to an immune challenge before anything else. And lactoferrin helps them do so.
- SUPPORT FOR OTHER DEFENSES – Lactoferrin also encourages the parts of your immune system that protect the vulnerable mucus membranes in your nose and throat. This nutrient also encourages the right kind of bacteria in your digestive tract—the kind that help maintain a healthy immune response.
- INGREDIENTS MATTER - Sourced using only the finest raw ingredients with the purity and potency your body deserves. The majority of our products are non-GMO, gluten-free, and Manufactured in the USA—and a Certificate of Analysis is available for every product we produce.
- LIVE YOUR HEALTHIEST LIFE - For over 40 years, we’ve been developing advanced, effective formulas made with the highest standards and based on the latest scientific findings. We believe the answers to a healthier, richer life are within reach, and that rigorous scientific research is the path to get us there. Our formulations are created using the ingredients and dosages used in the studies that inspired them, ensuring that maximum bioavailability and efficacy is achieved.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Pure Bovine Colostrum - TBR Labs - 180 Capsules - Antibiotic and Hormone Free - USA Sourced - All Natural - 100% First Milking
Ecological Formulas- Lactoferrin 100 mg 60 caps
Colostrum 2000mg - Third Party Tested Colostrum - Supports Healthy Immunity And Gut Health - Contains Naturally Occurring Immunoglobulins And Lactoferrin - Colostrum Capsules - By Humanx
AOR, Lactoferrin - 250, Lactose Free Natural Supplement to Support Iron Absorption and Immune Modulation, 60 Servings (60 Capsules)
|Sold By||PHARMCO||Net Savings||AHealthShop||humanx||PCRB E-commerce|
|Item Dimensions||2.2 x 2.2 x 3.75 inches||2.5 x 2.5 x 5 inches||2.36 x 2.36 x 2.36 inches||2 x 2 x 0.5 inches||2.05 x 2.05 x 3.8 inches|
|Size||60 Count (Pack of 1)||180 Count (Pack of 1)||60 Count (Pack of 1)||120 Count (Pack of 1)||—|
Lactoferrin is a supplement in the immune-boosting arsenal. It is a versatile substance found in mother's milk that plays an important role in the immune system response. Though human colostrum ("first milk") has the highest concentration, followed by human milk, then cow's milk, lactoferrin is found throughout the human body. It can help promote beneficial bacterial flora growth in the intestines. So by adding it to your regimen, you powerfully support both your immune health and your GI tract at the same time. Lactoferrin also promotes and supports natural resistance, provides protection for healthy cells and modulates immune function.
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Bioferrin (from bovine whey) [providing 95% of Apolactoferrin] 300mg, Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, stearic acid.
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. **Always refer to the manufacturer's label on the product for description, recommended dose and precautions.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When he was fourteen he started to develop cystic acne. A friend I will be forever indebted to insisted that I immediately start him on this type of Lactoferrin. She had been taking her son to the dermatologist for years and all of the medications and skin care products helped a bit but didn’t stop the acne or scarring. Someone in the waiting room told her the one thing that helped the most with her child was Lactoferrin. Within a month of my friend putting her son on this product all new breakouts had stopped.
My son, who is now 18, has been on this almost continuously since he was 14. By the end of the first month there were no more cystic lesions and over the years he has rarely had even a pimple. The exception to that has been the few times I ran out and he was off the Lactoferrin for more than a week . Each time he would start to get breakouts in his temple and chin areas which then cleared within a few days of restarting. I also tried him on another brand and after a couple of weeks he started breaking out again.
It IS expensive as he takes 6 caps per day, but certainly no more expensive than trying to control acne with prescription meds and expensive skin care products. Plus, the fact that he could get through his teen years without the emotional trauma that severe acne can cause - priceless!
away. After taking the combo for 4-5 days, I could eat as many carbs as I wanted with no problem. When I checked Life Extension for colostrum, all it showed me was Lactoferrin. So I tried it to see if it would work as well as colostrum. It does.
A biofilm is any group of microorganisms (in this case e. coli) in which cells stick to each other (they link "hands") and then these cells adhere to a surface (such as the lining of your bladder). It's a self-defense mechanism bacterial colonies have devised to keep from being killed by antibiotics. Basically, it's similar to tartar on your teeth: it's a sticky film composed of millions of bacteria which (now) line the interior folds of your bladder.
If you take lactoferrin right after you finish the antibiotics (I'm not certain if you can take it with the antibiotics) your body should wash away (urinate out) the weakened bacteria.
Edit: One a day made the eczema on my elbows go away (after 30 days)! Give it a try and let us know.
Top reviews from other countries
UPDATE Eventually I resumed taking iron along with the lactoferrin. I can honestly say I will never take any kind of iron without lactoferrin ever again. Not only have my ferritin levels increase, but when I take the lactoferrin it stops any of the illness I get when taking iron alone. I feel my normal self as opposed to sick as a dog. I have tested this many times to be sure before leaving this update. For me personally, lactoferrin is helping the iron go where it is needed. No more sickness, just normal iron levels. I wish I had heard of it years ago. In fact, now I am laying off it as I know that too much iron is just as bad for you. It’s all about balance. I updated this to 5 stars.
If you are thinking about taking you need at least 250mg to 300mg caps, normally i will buy 250mg Yarrows Lactoferrin depending on price as this has gone up alot in past 7 years, Life Extension Lactoferrin are 300mg cap and these are a good price even paying import duty and Royal Mail handling fees and worked out cheaper then buying Yarrows 250mg in the UK plus you get an extra 50mg per capsule. Brillent product.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.2 x 2.2 x 3.75 inches; 2.02 Ounces
- Item model number : 01681
- Date First Available : March 30, 2007
- Manufacturer : Life Extension
- ASIN : B000VI0NR6
- Best Sellers Rank: #48,562 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews: