Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life Extension Water-Soluble Pumpkin Seed Extract,, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on July 31, 2010
This is a great product if you are having bladder problems. I was suffering from urinary frequency, urgency and pain. Had went to the doctor several times and had been told I did not have a bladder infection. I didn't have medical insurance at the time, so I went searching for some relief at my local natural foods store. Found a different brand of pumpkin seed extract that I tried first. It helped some, but I eventually decided to try this brand instead, and it has been much more effective. I would definitely recommend it. I am a female, so I also take evening primrose oil, and these two things together keep my bladder symptoms in check.
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2012
My wife has been suffering from "stress incontinence" for some 8 years. Any jumping, running, laughing, coughing, or sneezing could lead to an "embarrassment." This was a continual burden for her, especially since she is a physical fitness enthusiast and loves to go biking or to work out to a fitness DVD. She tried the well-known solutions: bladder teas, kegel exercises. A specialist recommended a vaginal sling, but when we read up on it, we learned that it poses non-negligible danger of infection, perforation, severe pain, increasing the original leakage, or even death. So we rejected surgery.

Having exhausted these options, we seemed to be backed up against a wall with no place to turn. Somehow or other, I came across the "nutriceutical solution." After reading the very favorable reviews on these pumpkin seed extract pills, I decided, "what the heck" we would give it a try. It appeared to me that the problem was primarily physiological, but I guessed pumpkin extract might perhaps anaesthetize the nerves and thereby reduce the sensation of urgency.

Well, guess what? It did that and more. When we went to the gym for our joint workouts, my wife soon noticed the difference. Within one week of starting the pills, the exercise-induced leakage had ceased entirely. She could even jog a mile or more on the treadmill, and voila, no problem! The problem can still recur with strong belly laughter, strong coughing and/or sneezing, but this is still a big improvement. We are astonished and amazed that simply taking a capsule a day of a natural substance could have such a dramatic effect. To me this qualifies as a miracle. I wanted to get the word out in case there is anyone else with a similar problem. I think this is vastly cheaper, safer, and more convenient than the surgical option.
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2009
This is a great product. It really works. Took 3 caps a day the first 2 weeks. Now I take 1 in the morning and 1 at dinner. Before I was "running" 4 to 5 times during the day and 3 to 4 times in the evening to the bathroom. I can now "walk" to the bathroom 3 times during the day and once before bedtime. Previously, I was taking incontinence medication. However, the constipation made me feel very uncomfortable. Now I can take a natural remedy without any side effects. Life Extensions Pumpkin Seed Extract caps are a "real life saver".
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2009
I have done a lot of research on pumpkin seed extract. What this little seed can do. It can help with bladder control for everyone especially at night, it is great for prostate health and helps you get a good night sleep.
Highly recommend this product. Only water soluble was recommended in the medical studies that I read. So I buy this brand. I have only been using it for 2 weeks but I sure get a better quality sleep since I have been taking it. Studies said give it 8 weeks for all the benefits.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2012
I took these pills, three a day, for three weeks (until the bottle was empty) and did Kegel exercises as well. All better! I'm not kidding. NO more peeing when I cough/sneeze/laugh, and I can sleep though the night too. Ladies, definitely do the Kegels along with taking the pills -- it seemed like it sped up the process a lot faster. (How did we all live without the internet? I would never have heard of this otherwise, LOL).
on October 6, 2013
It took awhile for this to finally start working. At first I thought that maybe I was just imaging a change or maybe my body was healing itself because it had been so long since I started it. I would say a good 6 to 8 weeks. A few days after I stopped taking it I started getting up 4 to 5 times a night to pee again. I went back to taking it twice a day again and I am only getting up once.
on June 21, 2011
I've used this product for approximately a year and it has solved my problems. Don't expect instant results, but if you continue to use it on a regular basis, you'll see a wonderful difference.
on November 20, 2011
I Purchased two bottles and was taking them for 6 weeks, then I did not order anymore after that when I did not taking them I found out it was helping me alot so I did order fast and start taking them. I fount out you should take them at least for 6-8 weeks till you feel the benefit.
on October 6, 2015
Ive been using this product for several months. I did research on options other than vesicare for my overactive bladder. The vesicare caused me stomach pain and extreme constipation. Found this and liked the good reviews. It has worked amazingly!!! Just flew to florida from minnesota last week. Didnt need to use the airplane restroom once OR during any activity or show i attended. After a week of taking two tablets teice a day i went to one tablet twice a day. No side effects that i know of. Really recommend.
on April 4, 2015
Having suffered from urge incontinence (irritable bladder, different from stress incontinence and with no surgical remedy) for more than 15 years, I had gotten a prescription from my MD, but the monthly copay was $95. I tried the Oxytrol OTC patch, but it didn't stay on very well, and didn't seem very effective. So I did some research and found serious medical articles supporting pumpkin seed extract as a natural remedy. It seems to take a while to work -- I think perhaps there is also a "retraining" of the body required. Maybe as the extract starts to reduce the bladder urges, the person needs to build up capacity again. Anyway, I started by taking one capsule at night and one in the morning for the first week or two, and noticed a gradual diminishing of the problem right away. I went from often having one or more accidents a day, despite daily wear of a panty liner designed for incontinence, to only minor leakage usually handled by the liner. On occasion, I have a small wet spot on my underwear, but nothing like before. Some days, I go without any accidents at all, which feels like a miracle. I am buying my third bottle now, so I have been taking it about six months. I reduced to just one capsule at night after about a month. One more thing, just in case any other woman suspects this... i have found that my problems track with my monthly menstrual cycle. I assume it has something to do with either the hormones or the increased blood flow to that area. The last week before my period is the worst time for accidents for me. That is still the case, but even that week is much better with the pumpkin seed. Some recent reviews are saying that this product is being discontinued. I hope that is not true, as I tried another version of pumpkin seed, and this one worked much better and faster.