- File Size: 850 KB
- Print Length: 243 pages
- Publisher: Glenmore Press; 2 edition (March 12, 2017)
- Publication Date: March 12, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XKJ2MCN
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #385,318 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Life in a Hospice: Reflections on caring for the dying Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
A good death is relative to the culture. In "Legends of the Fall", the narrator, a Native American, in the 1800's, felt the death of the main character by a Grizzly bear, was "a good death".
I was interested in reading this book because I have an elderly mother, aged 86. She is doing fine, but I am sure the moment will come, sooner or later that I will have to take care of her, so decided to delve into the subject of end-of-life care. Not that I want to work in a hospice, but I would like to get a feeling for what it is like. And well, I was pleasantly surprised that the author Ann Richardson covers all possible subjects. Not only about the caring itself, but also about the daily rhythms, the family, children of those who are about to die, the anxieties. All in all, I can wholeheartedly recommend this book.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Hospice Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Nurse-Patient Relations
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Patient Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Nursing > Nurse & Patient
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Physician & Patient > Hospice Care