Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$9.02

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on January 18, 2017
A funny and interesting book. This book was not too different to Michael McIntyre on stage and I enjoyed it very much. He decided to remove what he had written about his life after he had become famous but I would have imagined that he would be able to get into scrapes and awkward situations even when famous- we all have a knack for things like that, but some more than others.
on November 6, 2011
Excellent book. A great read. Easy to read as well as touching. If you like Michael McIntyre you will love the book.I would recommend this book without any reservations.
on March 17, 2016
I am absolutely in love with this charming "Chinese man," as he calls himself because when he smiles, his eyes squint. He is spot on with observational humor about being a parent, travel, weather, traffic, the man drawer, jesting about his various countrymen's accents, going to the dentist, etc. I found myself watching his YouTube videos over and over again. Depending on his audience, there are some clips with foul language, but, he has a delightful British accent which makes it all sound so perfectly acceptable! I had never heard of Michael McIntyre until I stumbled on one of his YouTube videos where he talks about people who don't have children don't know. I wanted to know more about him, where did he come from, how did he become one of the world's most financially successful comedians and then I found this book. He is a man of pure heart, loves his parents, his siblings, his beautiful supportive wife and his two sons, Lucas and Oscar, and he gives credit to those who helped him succeed after years of struggling to break into the industry. This is not a depressed comedian.
on March 10, 2016
Lots of humor as well as some tragedy in this book, as Michael tells his story...but mainly is inspirational, because Michael never gives up
his dream of becoming a comedian. Michael keeps you laughing, as well as almost crying, as his life unfolds, towards his ultimate goal.
Well done, Michael!
on July 28, 2013
If you like Michael McIntyre on the stage, you will also enjoy this book. What I always have liked about this multi-talented comedian, is that his humour is kind of innocent. He seems to be totally relaxed at his performances and sends out good energy. What makes him different from many other stand-up comedians is that he not only tells jokes, but also acts them out. By reading his book, you will find out how he has come to be as good as he is, in his art. He has a colorful background. He has been very rich and also lived with very little. It is amusing to read about his grandmother. Young Michael experienced problems with self-esteem and popularity among the opposite sex. In his adulthood he worked very hard to break through in the stand-up comedy world. I think that his positive attitude no matter what, has kept him going and made him world-famous, just as a fortune-teller had predicted to his mother.
on March 24, 2015
Excellent audio book he talks in the book the same way as on stage with wit and funny one liners . He has had an interesting life so far ...may be in the future book two might follow on to keep us inform of his antics and observation of life good easy listening light hearted comedy worth 5 stars
on June 4, 2014
Once you start reading this book you can't stop. You cannot avoid listening to Michael's voice as you read his book and by the way he writes it, you feel sad, happy, sorry and amazed with him and for him, throughout the whole book. An amazing story full with life and laughter, correctly titled.
on November 29, 2014
Michael's humour is top grade. The apparent honesty with which he narrates his rise to the top in the world of stand-up comedians is commendable. A must read for anyone who loves good story telling and comedy.
on April 1, 2013
I loved every minute of it. I read it firstly on a cruise and had to finish it quickly as we were docking and getting off.So I read it again recently and loved it and laughed just as loudly as the first time. He is the funniest of people,he finds the humour in life and in everything.He has had it hard to begin with and that secondhand sofa and the car that could only turn right. made me cry with laughter. It is to my way of thinking, the funniest book I have read in years. I would like him to write more...
on November 2, 2014
Disappointing considering how funny his comedy is. I purchased the Kindle version and had the opportunity to add the audiobook for virtually free so I did. He narrated the book himself and I must say, the narration as well as the content was lacking for me. I appreciate he worked really hard to get to where he is and that his love for his wife was the one thing that was a wonderful thing during his trials, but I used it to help me sleep at night, that's how ...blah it was. I wish him the very best but this is not something I can recommend.