Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on May 21, 2017
I never got to see the complete series for both untill now. The British versions are way better than our US Broadcast versions seen on TV. No commercial cuts and no Oprah. XD

There are a few downsides but they are very minor. "Life" recycled a fair bit of content from "Planet Earth" and they almost constantly used a film grain effect that hinders the image quality. Too many films use it. XD

Another issue is that the "Planet Earth" discs are packaged in sleeves. Scratch magnets. XD

Overall though, both of the documentaries are great. Anyone who loves nature will love this package. Go for it!
on March 3, 2017
If you're a nature lover, you need this set of shows. The photography is incredible and I was amazed at all of the different stories that were told. Not only is this set beautiful, but it's also quite educational! This is truly an excellent addition to any video library!
on January 13, 2015
The copy of Planet Earth I received has either gone through too much heating and cooling or it is a bootleg copy. The box it is in has roughed up corners and looks used, and the Planet Earth discs have a scratch or two. I did not buy a used copy. Standard definition movies streamed from amazon seem to have the same picture quality as this so far and it's not what I remember seeing in the past as far as amazing quality goes. The series itself is amazing but I do not think I got what I paid for. Even the surface of the disc looks to have flaws. The optical surface itself is not uniform like a brand new blue-ray, it has what look to be warps in it as if it were bootleg. The picture itself is grainy and not as clear as streamed STDef movies.
on May 1, 2017
Great product and service love it
on December 25, 2012
This is a great collection! my kids (6 & 8) love it! Beautiful cinematography and narration! and they have a "how it was filmed" segment for each chapter.

CONTENT: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best documentary series I've ever seen! My children alternate between Life and Planet Earth. we're about halfway thru, there are many hours of entertainment here. This is one of the times where I fully appreciate HD1080p resolution!

PACKAGING :3 of 5 stars

well, the combo box packaging is actually hard to get the sets out of. I've considered several times taking the discs out and putting them in their own CD zip case, if nothing else to keep from wearing out the box set.
on January 19, 2013
I'm currently on deployment and whenever my shipmates and I have some downtime we throw this series in and thouroughly enjoy it. David Attenborough has become a legend in our berthing and we always cheer for him whenever he first starts his narration. He brings everything to you in such a great narrative that it feels like he's personally behind each camera during every experience. Everyone on board has really enjoyed this and I encourage anyone that is considering it to purchase this.
on October 19, 2014
Make sure you get the David Attenborough narration. The Sigourney Weaver and Oprah ones aren't the worst I can imagine, but I just think Attenborough is a much more appropriate and knowledgeable narrator for this program.

Visual quality is amazing, sound very much the same. If you're looking for something to show off your new TV, this will work perfectly.
on April 3, 2013
Sooooo goooooood, Got this for my dad for Xmas, and the entire family ended up watching this together all Xmas day. Its just a really terrific program, fascinating, beautiful, educational, surprising, well shot and narrated. And, the packaging is beautiful also!
on May 20, 2013
I love the planet earth and life blu ray set but what I will say is that I'm a little disappointed by the HD in the planet earth discs. I don't know if it's just because they are older or what. The life discs seem to be much more clear and mind-blowing! I think I was expecting amazing clarity and that's just not what I got with the planet earth. I have a fancy 3D LED Samsung flat screen television and I was a little disappointed by the clarity. I love the set though, it is truly amazing.
on January 25, 2013
I am so amazed by the shows BBC puts out. This is __THE BEST__ filming, storytelling, and editing you can get on this subject. Some of the shots they got were simply breathtaking. They almost seem staged.

I love the little behind the scenes they have at the end of the episodes that talk about how much of a mission these films are. I don't even own a Blu-Ray player, but I bought this to show my support and hope they continue to make these great films.