Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 21, 2017
I never got to see the complete series for both untill now. The British versions are way better than our US Broadcast versions seen on TV. No commercial cuts and no Oprah. XD

There are a few downsides but they are very minor. "Life" recycled a fair bit of content from "Planet Earth" and they almost constantly used a film grain effect that hinders the image quality. Too many films use it. XD

Another issue is that the "Planet Earth" discs are packaged in sleeves. Scratch magnets. XD

Overall though, both of the documentaries are great. Anyone who loves nature will love this package. Go for it!
on May 26, 2015
Great TV series's for anyone that isn't already familiar with them. Only annoyance is that for the spines of the sleeves to face outwards, you have to put the sleeves in facing the opposite direction of the box - in other words, when resting the box face-up, you have to put the sleeves in face down to expose the spines.

Blurays add some behind the scenes features and stories that I haven't noticed on TV broadcasts or Netflix.
on January 31, 2013
This is an experience of immersion into life itself. A direct interaction with multiple species and adaptations. Presents the viewer as both witness and participant the opportunity to learn and reflect on nature's diversity, beauty and relentless give and take for survival and thriving. So much I didn't know. Let me discover the deep empathy and similarity with life forms.
Beautiful photography and music that enhances the environment. Intimate revealing portraits that take you beyond the egocentric world of humans.
Though I had watched Attenborough's bird anthologies, and Blue Sea Life offers a further feast for the senses and heightens understanding of who shares this planet and how remarkable, fragile and evolving we are. And how and why we must become aware and participate in cooperatively conserving and responding to the needs of all forms of Life!

Eagerly look forward
on August 2, 2015
Man, what a great series!!! So educational and makes you want to travel the world! Love that they have been able to capture our planet at this high level and that we can experience a small portion in our living room! Definitely recommend for all ages!
on January 25, 2013
I am so amazed by the shows BBC puts out. This is __THE BEST__ filming, storytelling, and editing you can get on this subject. Some of the shots they got were simply breathtaking. They almost seem staged.

I love the little behind the scenes they have at the end of the episodes that talk about how much of a mission these films are. I don't even own a Blu-Ray player, but I bought this to show my support and hope they continue to make these great films.
on December 25, 2012
This is a great collection! my kids (6 & 8) love it! Beautiful cinematography and narration! and they have a "how it was filmed" segment for each chapter.

CONTENT: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best documentary series I've ever seen! My children alternate between Life and Planet Earth. we're about halfway thru, there are many hours of entertainment here. This is one of the times where I fully appreciate HD1080p resolution!

PACKAGING :3 of 5 stars

well, the combo box packaging is actually hard to get the sets out of. I've considered several times taking the discs out and putting them in their own CD zip case, if nothing else to keep from wearing out the box set.
on January 19, 2013
I'm currently on deployment and whenever my shipmates and I have some downtime we throw this series in and thouroughly enjoy it. David Attenborough has become a legend in our berthing and we always cheer for him whenever he first starts his narration. He brings everything to you in such a great narrative that it feels like he's personally behind each camera during every experience. Everyone on board has really enjoyed this and I encourage anyone that is considering it to purchase this.
on May 20, 2013
I love the planet earth and life blu ray set but what I will say is that I'm a little disappointed by the HD in the planet earth discs. I don't know if it's just because they are older or what. The life discs seem to be much more clear and mind-blowing! I think I was expecting amazing clarity and that's just not what I got with the planet earth. I have a fancy 3D LED Samsung flat screen television and I was a little disappointed by the clarity. I love the set though, it is truly amazing.
on August 12, 2012
This collection is excellent. I have watched this series in other oportunity and I think than this edition has two of better nature series that I have watched. Although this edition is on Blueray, both documentals are in 1080i, but video quality very is good and sound is great.

I really have enjoyed it again.
on March 24, 2016
EXCELLENT DOCUMENTARY NARRATED BY DAVID ATTENBUROUGH.