Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 25, 2012
This is a great collection! my kids (6 & 8) love it! Beautiful cinematography and narration! and they have a "how it was filmed" segment for each chapter.

CONTENT: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best documentary series I've ever seen! My children alternate between Life and Planet Earth. we're about halfway thru, there are many hours of entertainment here. This is one of the times where I fully appreciate HD1080p resolution!

PACKAGING :3 of 5 stars

well, the combo box packaging is actually hard to get the sets out of. I've considered several times taking the discs out and putting them in their own CD zip case, if nothing else to keep from wearing out the box set.
on January 19, 2013
I'm currently on deployment and whenever my shipmates and I have some downtime we throw this series in and thouroughly enjoy it. David Attenborough has become a legend in our berthing and we always cheer for him whenever he first starts his narration. He brings everything to you in such a great narrative that it feels like he's personally behind each camera during every experience. Everyone on board has really enjoyed this and I encourage anyone that is considering it to purchase this.
on April 3, 2013
Sooooo goooooood, Got this for my dad for Xmas, and the entire family ended up watching this together all Xmas day. Its just a really terrific program, fascinating, beautiful, educational, surprising, well shot and narrated. And, the packaging is beautiful also!
on May 20, 2013
I love the planet earth and life blu ray set but what I will say is that I'm a little disappointed by the HD in the planet earth discs. I don't know if it's just because they are older or what. The life discs seem to be much more clear and mind-blowing! I think I was expecting amazing clarity and that's just not what I got with the planet earth. I have a fancy 3D LED Samsung flat screen television and I was a little disappointed by the clarity. I love the set though, it is truly amazing.
on July 15, 2013
I really like how Life came out with a David Attenborough version. He helps to make the animals and natural scencery as engaging as if you were there and I can really tell he enjoys narrating. I can't really say much about the DVD's themselves; I've been watching them consistently since they have come out and are probably the most watched DVD's I own. Unbelievable scenery, amazing wildlife, this series will be tough to beat.
on October 19, 2013
This is one of the most spectacular documentaries that I have ever seen. The visuals are stunning and the narration top notch.
on December 22, 2015
I love this, my children love this, my friends and family love this. GET THIS! You will not regret it. Life is so beautiful and this collection has a way of opening your eyes to a whole new perspective.
on October 22, 2014
These are amazing movies. Can't say enough about the quality of video that was taken during the making of these. Spectacular. If you love nature and haven't seen these yet you need to!!
on April 22, 2014
The item was delivered earlier than expected which was great. It was carefully packaging and the item was in mint condition from the outside. I have not opened it or watched it since it is a gift but expect to be more than satisfied once it is opened. I would certainly purchase other products from this seller.
on February 16, 2014
David Attenborough is one of the greats to take you on the tour, and the photography is unmatched - DEFINITELY purchase on Blu-Ray for the HD.

My only "gripe" is the fact they jump around a LOT when it comes to location or type of creature... I think the producers had ADD. It does still flow well though.