Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 21, 2017
I never got to see the complete series for both untill now. The British versions are way better than our US Broadcast versions seen on TV. No commercial cuts and no Oprah. XD

There are a few downsides but they are very minor. "Life" recycled a fair bit of content from "Planet Earth" and they almost constantly used a film grain effect that hinders the image quality. Too many films use it. XD

Another issue is that the "Planet Earth" discs are packaged in sleeves. Scratch magnets. XD

Overall though, both of the documentaries are great. Anyone who loves nature will love this package. Go for it!
on March 3, 2017
If you're a nature lover, you need this set of shows. The photography is incredible and I was amazed at all of the different stories that were told. Not only is this set beautiful, but it's also quite educational! This is truly an excellent addition to any video library!
on January 13, 2015
The copy of Planet Earth I received has either gone through too much heating and cooling or it is a bootleg copy. The box it is in has roughed up corners and looks used, and the Planet Earth discs have a scratch or two. I did not buy a used copy. Standard definition movies streamed from amazon seem to have the same picture quality as this so far and it's not what I remember seeing in the past as far as amazing quality goes. The series itself is amazing but I do not think I got what I paid for. Even the surface of the disc looks to have flaws. The optical surface itself is not uniform like a brand new blue-ray, it has what look to be warps in it as if it were bootleg. The picture itself is grainy and not as clear as streamed STDef movies.
on May 1, 2017
Great product and service love it
on December 25, 2012
This is a great collection! my kids (6 & 8) love it! Beautiful cinematography and narration! and they have a "how it was filmed" segment for each chapter.

CONTENT: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best documentary series I've ever seen! My children alternate between Life and Planet Earth. we're about halfway thru, there are many hours of entertainment here. This is one of the times where I fully appreciate HD1080p resolution!

PACKAGING :3 of 5 stars

well, the combo box packaging is actually hard to get the sets out of. I've considered several times taking the discs out and putting them in their own CD zip case, if nothing else to keep from wearing out the box set.
on January 19, 2013
I'm currently on deployment and whenever my shipmates and I have some downtime we throw this series in and thouroughly enjoy it. David Attenborough has become a legend in our berthing and we always cheer for him whenever he first starts his narration. He brings everything to you in such a great narrative that it feels like he's personally behind each camera during every experience. Everyone on board has really enjoyed this and I encourage anyone that is considering it to purchase this.
on April 3, 2013
Sooooo goooooood, Got this for my dad for Xmas, and the entire family ended up watching this together all Xmas day. Its just a really terrific program, fascinating, beautiful, educational, surprising, well shot and narrated. And, the packaging is beautiful also!
on May 20, 2013
I love the planet earth and life blu ray set but what I will say is that I'm a little disappointed by the HD in the planet earth discs. I don't know if it's just because they are older or what. The life discs seem to be much more clear and mind-blowing! I think I was expecting amazing clarity and that's just not what I got with the planet earth. I have a fancy 3D LED Samsung flat screen television and I was a little disappointed by the clarity. I love the set though, it is truly amazing.
on July 15, 2013
I really like how Life came out with a David Attenborough version. He helps to make the animals and natural scencery as engaging as if you were there and I can really tell he enjoys narrating. I can't really say much about the DVD's themselves; I've been watching them consistently since they have come out and are probably the most watched DVD's I own. Unbelievable scenery, amazing wildlife, this series will be tough to beat.
on October 19, 2013
This is one of the most spectacular documentaries that I have ever seen. The visuals are stunning and the narration top notch.