Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life Season 1
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$25.99

on April 17, 2013
First of all, it's David Attenborough. I remember his narration of nature from when I was a kid, and now I'm watching nature shows by Sir Attenborough with my son. We've watched the whole season more times than I can count already. Doesn't get old.
on September 15, 2014
There are only a few wildlife documentaries of this caliber. I would say all but one are narrated by Sir David Attenborough. This set of videos is nothing short of epic. I bought it again on Blu Ray. Do yourself a favor if you're sick of the Animal Planet or Discovery videos that have inane narrators that make things sound dramatic, along with misplaced sound effects. This is beautiful, elegant and comes from people with a deep appreciation for nature.
on February 16, 2016
This video was recommended to me by a friend and I have since shared it as well. It is wonderfully done -- as BBC and Attenborough usually do. It is totally awesome how plants take care of themselves and this is shown in the video. An fascinating piece was the showing of how the video was made and the patience and skills required by the techies who did it. This is a real gem of a video.
on May 30, 2015
BBC can produce the most amazing educational shows. I hated stuff like this in high school, but now I appreciate a well made show like this.

The cinematography is absolutely amazing. It helps tell the story, and keeps me interested for every shot. The story itself is amazing. Never too long on one subject, and doesn't try to bore you with dumb details.

And oh my God, the shots are so amazing! I keep asking myself, "How the hell did they get the perfect shot?"
on January 8, 2016
Love David Attenborough shows....even though I disagree with evolutionist point of view the level of camera work and care he gives the wildlife productions are wonderful, you can tell he dearly loves nature.
on November 3, 2013
Love his voice and love everything he chooses to narrates.

I use this for when I'm sick for my biology students. I can always play one regardless of what unit we are in, which is why I love it so much. My students enjoy watching them as well, although the nature conservation one does drag on a bit and repeats much of the whole series.

One of my favorites though!
on December 13, 2012
This series is phenomenal. I love tossing this on after a long day of work. It's stimulating yet relaxing and always beautiful.
on January 15, 2014
This is deep learning through an incredibly well filmed and poetically, scientifically narrated video. This is not simply an ordinary nature film, it is a truly life-altering experience. This is learning at it's best. I love David Attenborough! I admire the film-makers, everyone it took to put this wonderful journey through life together. Thanks!
on March 27, 2013
This is a fantastic series of course!

But I made the mistake of buying Series 0, not knowing that those clips are all in the Series 1 videos.

The series is great, a huge variety of animals, locations, and information. I absolutely love these BBC nature series, every time I find a new one I buy it and download it to my kindle fire.

NOTE: The film is beautiful, but for this series I wish I had gotten the HD version. The shots of herds on plains or schools of fish are very choppy. I haven't had this issue with other BBC documentaries.
on May 28, 2015
Though not my absolute favorite of the BBC nature series we've seen since 'Blue Planet', this series still is a regular must-watch for me. The footage is outstanding and the education and appreciation for 'Life'--big and small--incomparable. If you love 'Blue Planet', 'Planet Earth', 'Africa' and the other BBCs, it's a must-see.