BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 13, 2013
The man is a world treasure. I teach AP biology and I have used the material found within all of his videos as good content exposure. This disk contains early footage that is interesting to view simply because of how much we have changed our perception of stewardship regarding the natural world.
on August 6, 2015
Could have been SO much better. Of course, the content was amazing and the history was enlightening and informative. However, it only lasted a couple hours. The description says 150 minutes. NOPE! That is incorrect. A life as long and storied as Mr. Attenborough's should be attributed to about eight hours of footage and back-history. Other than that, what WAS there was enjoyable and well-presented.

Thank you for your humor, wisdom, and service Mr. Attenborough!sss
on May 25, 2017
I love David Attenborough, but this DVD was disappointing. The episodes were fine, but having to watch the same 10 minute preview advertising other D.A. series (all of which we already have) before each episode, without being able to skip forward was more than annoying.
on April 21, 2017
Fantastic view into the history of the narrator, a man whose fascination with and respect for the earth and it's life are palpable. As with most BBC productions of the last 15 years the new imagery is amazing and the flashbacks to history are so educational. My 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter (and 41 yr old husband, LOL) loved it too.
on June 10, 2013
This was a pleasant surprise.
NATURE and BBC have collated pieces of the creme-de-la-creme of Attenborough's adventures and interposed them with interviews of Sir David. That is not the surprise. The surprise is that they have sharpened the old footage to near-Blu-Ray quality.

If you feel inspired by David Attenborough, this is a keepsake.
Yes, there are recycled pieces from "Making of Trials of Life" and "40 years on the air"; but I can listen to them over and over again.
I loved it because the interviews reveal Sir David's deep understanding of nature and I could travel with him (in spirit) on these superb adventures.
I liked it because was Blu-Ray; it really makes a difference when it comes to natural history films.
I am sure you won't regret buying this.
However, there are identical DVDs/BLU-RAY discs with slightly different names; so make sure that you don't end up with a duplicate :-)
on June 3, 2017
This is a series of TV shows from what I gather which is nice as you can watch one story and wait to another time for another or bing and watch one after another. Love this and so glad we ordered it.
on April 8, 2013
If you're a fan of David you will love this DVD. It takes you back to his first adventures and he narrates all of it (of course)! He takes you through the different filming techniques he experienced throughout his life, quirky and humorous things that have happened, and silly stories about his past. Well worth the buy!
on June 26, 2015
Like many, I grew up watching David Attenborough nature programs. As a kid I would marvel at the places he went and animals he told me about. I would imitate his voice and laugh at some of the ridiculous situations he put himself in (once INSIDE a termite mound!). So this was a must see for me. As usual with anything involving Attenborough, this did not disappoint. It was especially interesting to see a lot of his older stuff going all the way back to the 50's. I only wish there was more. Maybe I'm spoiled from recent mini series like Planet Earth and Frozen Planet, but at just 3 hour long episodes I was hoping it would go further in depth with his history.

Either way, it's a great watch and one that any Attenborough fan will enjoy and appreciate.
on May 10, 2017
This series shows the great nature events Sir David has seen over his long career. It's nice for the world to have such a great naturalist like him.
on August 20, 2015
We are huge fans of David Attenborough and have virtually all the recent nature specials on blu ray, we don't have too many of the older ones which this offers some great snippets from. It gets more behind the scenes than any of the major productions so it's great to see it all from another angle. As a fan to other fans I highly recommend picking this up... partly because watching the other stuff over and over gets old and you need something new but also because it's a great blu ray in general, packed with things that the big features can't show.