- Product Dimensions: 16 x 24 x 16 inches
- Shipping Weight: 20 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B017BYFZFM
- Item model number: LSC405
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #143,997 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
LifeStraw Community Hollow fiber filter
|Price:||$329.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hollow fiber filtration Technology converts contaminated water into safe drinking water
- Removes a minimum of 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.999% of Viruses and 99.99% of protozoan Parasites
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering particulate matter larger than 0.02 Microns
- Can purify between 70,000 -100,000 liters of water, enough to serve community settings for Several years
- Doesn't require Electrical power or batteries
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||16 x 24 x 16 inches|
|Item Display Weight||12.25 Kilograms|
|Shipping Weight||20 pounds|
Lifestraw community is a high-volume point-of-use water purifier with built-in safe storage that provides safe drinking water for community, educational and institutional settings. It prevents waterborne disease such as diarrhea, typhoid, cholera, worms, and cryptosporidiosis.
Top customer reviews
How much is 100,000 litres of water? The average American drinks 263 litres of water per year so 100,000 litres represents 380 years’ worth of drinking water. With the Lifestraw Community Water Filter/Purifier many WILL NOT die from lack of water!
This doesn't filter out chemicals like the Berkey, and it doesn't have replacement filters available like almost every other very-high volume filter system. Chemicals and toxins are going to be as much of an issue in either a SHTF or 3rd world deployment scenario as bacteria or viruses.
Now, the one thing that does impress me about the system is that the whole thing is ~$350 and it can filter around 18,500 - 26,400 gallons of water, while still having a virus-rated filter element. That's enough for 3-3.5 years of drinking water for *10* people if you count on 2 gallons per person. It costs $300 just to get a full set of 6 Berkey filters alongside the $320 jug assembly, and I'm guessing based off the price that a replacement filter set for the LifeStraw Community would be considerably cheaper. What it's lacking is a way to filter out chemicals such as pesticides, VOC's, etc. Otherwise you're not going to be able to use a water source near an agricultural or industrial area. That's sort of a problem seeing as how that covers both the countryside and urban areas. If you're trying to get set up for filtering water in an emergency, you *need* all four of these contaminant types covered: bacteria, protozoa, virus, toxin/chemical. Otherwise you're only prepared to do half the job, or less.
If they can get those two things sorted out, and perhaps even make the filter hardy against damage due to freezing like the MSR Guardian, then they'd have the best high-volume water filter system on the market. And, it would be worth buying as a primary filter system alongside your secondary meant to remove chemicals and toxins from your already once filtered water. Until then, do not pay $350 for a system that doesn't even have replacement filters available.