Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
LifeStraw Family 1.0 Water Purifier
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$29.96 (33%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Award-winning life straw family is used by over 13,200,000 people worldwide
- Clean drinking water for a family of four for 3 years
- Gravity filter - pour water in the top and clean water comes out the bottom
- Flow rate of 9 -12 liters per hour
- Purifies 18,000 liters/4755 gallons without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Award-winning LifeStraw Family is used by over 13,200,000 people worldwide
- Surpasses EPA standards for water purifiers: removes 99.99% viruses, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.9% protozoan cysts to 0.02 microns
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||4.5 x 9 x 11 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.06 pounds|
|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.3 pounds|
Safe, Purified Water for Home, Camping, and More
The award-winning, world-renowned LifeStraw Family 1.0 large volume water filter can filter out viruses from an incredible 18,000 liters of water (4,750 gallons) — enough to supply a family of five with clean drinking water for up to three years.
This gravity filter is easy to use. Just pour water in the top, and clean water comes out the bottom. And it comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies.
Lightweight and highly portable, LifeStraw Family is perfect for camping. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, while car camping, or when camping with groups. It's also great to have at home in the event of boil water advisories. In addition to purifying contaminated tap water, in a worst case scenario you can use the Family to remove bacteria, protozoa, and viruses from a fresh water source near your home with the LifeStraw Family.
The LifeStraw Family water filter has been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions. The same rugged design used in places like Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now available for consumers in North America.
LifeStraw Family Specifications
- Filters up to 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Has an easy-to-clean pre-filter and purification cartridge
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour of purified water
How LifeStraw Family Works
LifeStraw Family uses advanced hollow fiber technology. Water is forced through narrow fibers under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped inside the hollow fibers and are flushed out by backwashing — making this a highly efficient method of filtration.
- Hang top reservoir using included string, and let the hose hang down.
- Fill reservoir (scoop directly from a stream, or pour water into it).
- Removable pre-filter inside reservoir removes coarse particles.
- Gravity forces water down hose and through hollow fiber membrane cartridge where bacteria, parasites, and viruses are removed.
- Turn blue tap to release clean water out small hose on side of cartridge.
- Backwash filter by squeezing red bulb with both taps closed and then releasing dirty water from red tap. Do not drink water from red tap.
One For One Donation Program
For every LifeStraw water filter sold, a child in Africa receives clean drinking water for an entire school year, thanks to the donation efforts of the North American distributor, Eartheasy. Eartheasy uses part of the funds to donate LifeStraw Community institutional water purifiers to schools in Africa. Eartheasy's goal is to provide clean water to 500 schools in Kenya this year. Your purchase makes this possible. Thank you!
The LifeStraw Go is made by Switzerland-based Vestergaard. Founded in 1957, Vestergaard is a large public health company specializing in complex emergency response and disease control products.
in the field (view larger).
Awards and Accolades
- One of the "Ten Things That Will Change The Way We Live" Forbes (February 2006)
- "Invention of the Century" — Gizmag (December 2005)
- "Innovation of the Year" — Esquire (December 2005)
- "Europe's Best Invention" — Reader's Digest (July 2006)
- "Best Invention of 2005" — Time (November 2005)
- 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas
- "INDEX: 2005" International Design Award
- "Well-Tech 2006" Innovation Technology Award