- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 1 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B006QF3TW4
- Item model number: LSPHF017
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6,177 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#21 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #1 in Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Camping & Hiking > Hydration & Filtration > Water Purifiers
- #1 in Tools & Home Improvement > Safety & Security > Emergency & Survival Kits > Emergency Survival Kits
- #1 in Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Camping & Hiking > Hydration & Filtration > Water Filters
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
|Price:||$14.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$4.98 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Preparedness and Survival
Having a LifeStraw Personal Water Filter at hand provides access to clean, safe drinking water in the event of a natural disaster or survival situation. There are no batteries to replace and no moving parts to wear out. Perfect for a vehicle or home emergency kit.
Ensure peace of mind when abroad. Lifestraw removes 99.99% of bacteria and protozoa, including Salmonella, E-coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium. Proven, reliable and effective, Lifestraw is the perfect accessory for international travel.
Hiking and Camping
Weighing only 2 oz. (54g), LifeStraw is the perfect water filter for hiking and camping. Drink from a bottle or straight from the nearest stream, puddle, or pond. It’s the fastest way to filter – never pump or wait for chemicals to react again.
Hunting and Fishing
LifeStraw provides a compact, ultralight solution for clean drinking water in the field. Don’t bother carrying heavy water bottles – simply drink from the nearest river or stream.
|LifeStraw Filter||LifeStraw Steel||LifeStraw Go||LifeStraw Go Replacement Filter||LifeStraw Family 1.0||LifeStraw Mission 5 or 12 Liter|
|Applications||Running, Hiking, Survival||Travel, Hiking, Survival||Travel, Backpacking||Travel, Backpacking||Emergency Prep, Base Camp||Base Camp, Group Camp, Emergency Prep|
|What it Removes?||Bacteria and Protozoa||Bacteria and Protozoa; Reduces chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, odor and bad taste||Bacteria and Protozoa||Bacteria and Protozoa||Bacteria, Protozoa and Viruses||Bacteria, Protozoa and Viruses|
|Filter Capacity||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)||Main Filter: 1,000 Liters (264 Gallons); Replaceable Carbon Filter: 100 Liters (26.5 Gallons)||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)||18,000 Liters (4,755 Gallons)||18,000 Liters (4,755 Gallons)|
|Filter Micron Size||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.02 Micron||0.02 Micron|
|Weight||2.0 oz (55 grams)||4.2 oz (118 grams)||7.8 oz (221 grams)||2.1 oz (59 grams)||1.6 lbs (725 grams)||5 Liter: 13 oz (368 grams) 12 Liter:15 oz (425 grams)|
|Flow Rate||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||12L (3.2 gallons) / minute||5 Liters / minute and 12 Liters / minute|
|Filter Type||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane and Replaceable Carbon Filter||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane|
|Item Dimensions||8.86 x 0.98 x 8.86 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.3 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.1 pounds|
A Time Magazine Invention of the Year winner, LifeStraw contains no chemicals, no batteries and no moving parts to wear out. It features a high flow rate and weighs only 2oz. It is perfect for the Ultralight backpacker, camper, hiker, traveler, boy scout, hunter or for emergencies. Unlike many similar filters on the market today, LifeStraw has met EPA standards for water filtration in independent testing. LifeStraw has been used around the world under extreme conditions for humanitarian relief. Does not filter chemicals, salt, viruses, heavy metals, taste. Please NOTE: It takes roughly 3-5 seconds of sucking to start the flow of water through the filter.
Top Customer Reviews
The one draw back to the LifeStraw is that it does take a bit of suction to start and keep the water flowing. When you're at high altitudes in the mountains this leads to longer "drink breaks" since you can get winded pretty easy while trying to suck up water through the LifeStraw. However, its size and weight advantages when hiking mountainous terrain vastly out weigh this minor drawback.
Overall, the LifeStraw is awesome and I recommend it to every backcountry hiker that I know.
One item you can add to this.....paper coffee filters (cone type) are inexpensive. Place one over the bottom of the water filter with a wide rubber band and it will protect the filter with a lot less cleaning. The Water Filter will last 2X as long and cleaner water to drink!
UPDATE - 4-25-2016
After more than 3-years of numerous weekend and 2-week excursions, my very first LifeStraw would not produce anymore clean filtered water. I reluctantly open a NEW LifeStraw to complete the weekend of camping. It is tough to imagine more than 3-years of clean water from streams, lakes and rivers. I really don't know how many liters of water that was used, but I can say this....with the coffee filter attached to this unit it out last my friends LifeStraw more than a year. That alone has gotten to expand the use of this tremendously. Thank you LifeStraw, camping has been simple and healthy. I bought 8 more as backups!
UPDATE - 2-13-2015....
I have now used this camping several times. Now, I use a Portable Siphon Hand Liquid Transfer Pump with this unit. I can now add water to my pots, pans or my 3L water pouch easily. The suction usually will draw water for about 20 seconds; 2 cups of water in about a minute with the Transfer Pump!
1. It is extremely lightweight - anyone who has gone backpacking before understands the need to limit the weight you are carrying. This is less than a pound and you barely notice it's there.
2. It is versatile - it can be used in literally any situation in which the quality of water is in question as it filters out all the bad stuff in the water to keep you from getting sick.
3. It's easier and less expensive than a water filtration system or water filtration bottle.
4. It works - I have gone on several backcountry camping trips with the LifeStraw and used it to drink out of some questionable water sources and have yet to get sick or see any ill effects.
The only thing to consider, and it seems obvious, but I think it's worth pointing out, is that you have to have water source to use this. The only time I wished I had a water bottle with a filter instead of this product is when I am on a hike and go for long periods of time in between seeing a water source.
Overall this is a great product that works well at an affordable price. I would recommend to anyone who is a hiking/camping enthusiast to add this to your arsenal!
Link to purchase: [...]
Tested it in 3 locations
1. Local river --> PASSED
2. Mirror Lake --> PASSED
3. My own Urine -->FAILED
I was curious, I had to try, a little disappointed, that is why I gave it 4 stars.
Bottom Line: Great product if you are a normal person going camping/hiking.