LifeStraw Mission Water Purification System, High-Volume Gravity-Fed Purifier for Camping and Emergency Preparedness
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Gravity-fed, high-capacity, hollow membrane water purifier; ideal for group and family camping, outdoor activities, and emergency preparedness
- Removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.99%), and viruses (99.999%) that can contaminate water; easily fillable in lakes and streams
- Compact roll-bag reservoir available in 5-liter (1.3 gallon) or 12-liter (3.1 gallon) size; can be suspended from tree or other support for easy access
- Simple to use and maintain, without chemicals, batteries, or moving parts; features carrying strap and includes stuff sack for storage and portability
- Lifetime filtration capacity of 18,000 liters (4,755 gallons); produces flow-rate of 9-12 liters (2.4-3.4 gallons) of purified water per hour
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The high-volume virus removing water purifier perfect for base camp, group hikes, and emergency prep
Waterborne Virus Removal
LifeStraw Mission purifies water to 0.02 microns, removing 99.999% of waterborne viruses, including Rotovirus and Hepatitus A. 99.999% of bacteria and 99.99% of protozoa are also removed.
Group Hiking and Camping
Lightweight and packable, with 5 liter and 12 liter high-volume water bag options, LifeStraw Mission is perfect for base camp on group hikes and camping trips.
Preparedness and Survival
LifeStraw Mission filters and purifies 18,000 liters of water (4,755 gallons). With no shelf-life, expiry date, batteries, or moving parts, it’s the ideal filter for emergency preparedness and survival.
Durable, long lasting, and reliable, LifeStraw Mission is perfect for remote destinations around the world where contaminated water is common.
LifeStraw Mission 5 or 12 Liter
LifeStraw Go Replacement Filter
|Applications||Base Camp, Group Camp, Emergency Prep||Emergency Prep, Base Camp||Travel, Hiking, Survival||Running, Hiking, Survival||Travel, Backpacking||Travel, Backpacking|
|What it Removes?||Bacteria, Protozoa, and Viruses||Bacteria, Protozoa, and Viruses||Bacteria and Protozoa; Reduces chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, odor and bad taste||Bacteria and Protozoa||Bacteria and Protozoa||Bacteria and Protozoa|
|Filter Capacity||18,000 Liters (4,755 Gallons)||18,000 Liters (4,755 Gallons)||Main Filter: 1,000 Liters (264 Gallons); Replaceable Carbon Filter: 100 Liters (26.5 Gallons)||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)||1,000 Liters (264 Gallons)|
|Filter Micron Size||0.02 Micron||0.02 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron||0.2 Micron|
|Weight||5 Liter: 13 oz (368 grams) 12 Liter:15 oz (425 grams)||1.6 lbs (725 grams)||4.2 oz (118 grams)||2.0 oz (55 grams)||7.8 oz (221 grams)||2.1 oz (59 grams)|
|Flow Rate||5 Liters / minute and 12 Liters / minute||12L (3.2 gallons) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute||1.7L (57 oz) / minute|
|Filter Type||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane and Replaceable Carbon Filter||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane||Hollow Fiber Membrane|
The LifeStraw Mission is a gravity-powered water purifier employing an award-winning technology that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. The LifeStraw Mission removes 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of protozoa, and 99.999% of viruses. The larger capacity of the Mission water purifier is ideal for providing clean water to multiple people, and is designed for camping, hunting, and other group or family activites, as well as disaster and emergency survival prep kits. The reservoir can be filled from nearby lakes, ponds, rivers, or streams and suspended from a tree or other sturdy support. Gravity moves water down the hose to the filter's advanced ultrafiltration membrane. Clean water exits through 0.02 micron pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing. Compact, BPA-free roll bag reservoir features a wide mouth for easy filling with a convenient shoulder carrying strap for transport back to base camp or other group location. Includes drawstring stuff-sack for easy storage and portability. Includes four extra pre-filter screens for easy on-site maintenance. Produces flow-rate of 9-12 liters (2.4-3.2 gallons) per hour and will purify 18,000 liters over its lifetime. Available in 5 or 12 liter capacity. Weight: 13 oz (5L), 15 oz (12L). For each LifeStraw purchased, one child in a developing community receives safe drinking water for an entire school year
Style: 12 Liter
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Rinse the bag a couple of times when filling and try to get the pre-filter as clean as possible
* When starting drain all the air from the line with the red tap to ensure the highest flow.
* When back flushing with the red bulb, hold the bulb depressed (you'll see the dirty water in the line), then open the red tap and drain the dirty water. Do this a couple of time until the back flush in the line is clear.
Most recent customer reviews
So we took the filter out camping and it preformed really well and the flow rate was superb as well.Read more