Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Lifeproof FRE SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 7 ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 65% off the $89.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Lifeproof FRE SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 7 (ONLY) - Retail Packaging - EMBER RED (RACE RED/FLAME RED/LIGHT TEAL)
|You Save:||$50.57 (56%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Compatible with iPhone 7
- FRĒ: Built-in scratch protector is virtually invisible to the eye and touch
- full access to buttons and controls - charge and sync through the USB port.
- Water and Snow Proof: Fully submergible to 6.6'/2 m for 1 hour
- Sealed from snow, ice, dirt & dust particles - meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating.
- Shock Proof: Withstands drops from 6.6'/2 m - meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-516.
- Proper installation of a LifeProof product is important to successful use so please review the installation video and check the user manual to ensure correct installation.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7
#1 selling waterproof case in the U.S.*
You don’t sit idly by — not when there are boundaries to break, times to beat and goals to crush. And LifeProof keeps you connected every step, paddle and leap of the way. The moment you choose to be remarkable, LifeProof is there — enduring water, earth and ice so you can share your victories at the source. Because a story without proof is just that, a story.
*Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service: Cell Phone Device Protection/Units Sold 4/2014 – 03/2015.
LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7
LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7 features a built-in screen cover that shields the touchscreen and keeps the elements out. Plus, FRĒ is WaterProof, DirtProof, SnowProof and DropProof, so your phone withstands any environment. LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7 opens up a world of exploration for you and your phone.
- WaterProof, DirtProof, SnowProof, DropProof
- Built-in screen cover for touchscreen defense
- Thin, light, tough, all-protective design
- Complete access to all buttons, ports and features
- Anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Slim, sleek profile follows iPhone 7’s precision lines
When you want to keep your display in pristine condition, LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7 delivers peak pixel protection. It features a built-in screen cover that’s so discreet you barely notice it’s there — until you’re glad it is.
What's in the box from LifeProof?
Comes complete with LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7, microfiber cloth and case key.
Along with the FRĒ case, you get step-by-step instructions for an effortless installation.
Warranty and authenticity
FRĒ comes with a 1-year Limited Warranty. And it’s 100% authentic LifeProof when you buy through Amazon.
Have a question about LifeProof? We have answers. Reach out to our customer service team for help.
- Size (LWH): 5.9 inches, 3.1 inches, 0.5 inches
Compare to similar items
This item Lifeproof FRE SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 7 (ONLY) - Retail Packaging - EMBER RED (RACE RED/FLAME RED/LIGHT TEAL)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||EMBER RED (RACE RED/FLAME RED/LIGHT TEAL)||ASPHALT (BLACK/DARK GREY)||PLUM WAY (PLUM HAZE/NIGHT PURPLE)||iPhone 7 plus Case (Blue)|
|Compatible Phone Models||RELEASE||CATCH||iPhone 7||iPhone 7Plus|
|Additional Features||—||anti-shock, waterproof||lightweight||scratch resistant, anti-shock, waterproof|
With LifeProof FRĒ for iPhone 7, you’re free to venture off the beaten path and come back with proof of your triumphs. WaterProof, DirtProof, SnowProof and DropProof, FRĒ braves the elements while blocking them from soaking circuits or clogging ports. What’s more, the integrated screen cover keeps your display pristine, and the custom design leaves every feature and function accessible.
Top Customer Reviews
* Case tested waterproof before I installed the phone, so it works.
* Case is slim and light in comparison to the Otterbox Defender.
* Button tactile feedback is good for the volume and sleep/wake buttons. My ringer/silent switch works just fine.
* No issues with the fingerprint sensor on the home button at all. Work just as good as with the case off.
* Touchscreen response is good - as good or maybe even slightly better than my Otterbox, where I would occasionally miss the spacebar and keys at that level, for some reason.
* I notice the slight elevation of the screen protector around the home button (as other reviews mention), but I don't see that as an issue.
* Sound quality seems to be very good in the couple of phone calls and speakerphone calls I've made. I've asked - and no one has told me that I sound distant or muffled. Earpiece sound quality and speakerphone sound quality are both good. My last waterproof case was an older Lifeproof and they have definitely made an improvement here (based upon my limited testing). This was perhaps my most significant criteria for a waterproof case.
* For some reason, it took me forever to get the case on without dust under the screen protector. I don't know if it was some manufacturing debris or the included cloth, but there was always a piece or two of dust that annoyed me. I finally used some compressed air to blow off the phone and out of the case and got it debris-free.
* Screen protector does have some mild rainbows. Not the worst I've seen on a phone case.
* Screen protector is glossy, the one on my Otterbox Defender was a bit more matte. As a result, cannot see the screen at all from an angle when in bright lights (very reflective), must look dead-on. I usually keep my phone on my desk or the table at work to get a quick look at notifications that come in. With the Otterbox I could always see it from an angle at a distance; I've found I've had to pick up the phone to read with the Fre. I'll be curious to see how it does in bright sun.
* Screen protector is somewhat wavy. Though it doesn't affect the touch screen sensitivity, it does cause the display to look slightly distorted if you catch it at an angle.
* I had to open the case a few times to get the dust out from installation. Even using the enclosed "key" tool to do so, the plastic on the bottom right corner of the case got a little chewed up. I suppose this is like the first dent on a new car - over time the rest of the case will wear to match.
* The Fre is much more hard plastic, and less rubbery than the Otterbox, so it does tend to slip from my hands and slide on desks/tables a little more than the Otterbox. I prefer a rubbery case with more stiction.
* The case is slim and light in comparison to the Otterbox Defender. Though I highlighted this as a PRO - and it probably will be for most - the phone doesn't feel as well protected as it did in the Otterbox. I've always been one to be OK with the larger size of a phone case if I felt it would give me a higher sense of security.
* I can't say the charging port door will eventually fail, but it does seem like it will be a weak point at the hinge and the seal over time.
* The silent/ringer switch was the first piece to fail on my older Lifeproof and as this appears to be of the same design, I expect this will also be a potential place for the new Fre case to fail long before the phone is at end of useful life.
* The edge around the fingerprint sensor is a little sharp as it drops in to the recess. No issue functionally, but it might bother me over time.
Too early to say if I'm going to keep the Lifeproof over the Otterbox. My primary reason for switching was that dust and moisture were getting under the screen protector on the Otterbox - just from being in my pocket - based upon some of the work I do on a daily basis. I was removing it from the case every few days to clean it up. I like that I can potentially just run the Fre under the tap and wipe it off if it gets dirty, and not have to worry about sweat and dirt making its way so close to the phone. I'm going to give it some time before making a decision.
UPDATE (03/2017): I've stopped using the Fre for a while and went back to the Otterbox Defender with a glass screen protector. I was finding the Fre's screen protector to be a little too glossy for good viewing. One issue I started to have with the Fre - the covering over the speaker ports at the front bottom seems to be peeling or wearing away. Everything else seemed to be holding up.