Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.30 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
|Price:||$151.88 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extra-large deck box made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), Weather-Resistant Steel Hinges
- Interior capacity is 130 gallons or 16.4 cubic feet
- Inside dimensions are 57 inches long by 20.75 inches wide by 23.75 inches high
- Lockable lid with spring hinge for gentle closing
- Stylish design in Tan,Black and Brown
- Backed by a 10-Year limited manufacturer warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
130 Gallon Deck Box
We've come a long way since our beginning. It all started as an idea in a garage in Riverdale, Utah. Lifetime Products' founder was a father who simply wanted to build a better basketball hoop for his family.
His passion for innovation quickly expanded beyond his initial project, and he created a company in March of 1986 called Lifetime Products. The philosophy for the name, as well as the goal of the company, was to build durable lasting products for consumers.
Lifetime Products has become a world-wide trusted brand as it has broadened from basketball hoops, to picnic tables, and to folding tables and chairs. Now our sheds, kayaks, and more are leaders in their competitive markets. From those first years in Lifetime's history, the company has grown from 15 employees in a partial warehouse to over 1,500 employees — all over the globe.
130 Gallon Deck Box
Need to expand your patio storage, but have limited space available? Store your things outside in a Lifetime Storage Box. The rigid, double-wall, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) construction makes the box strong and durable, sturdy enough to be used as a patio bench. It’s UV-protected construction, and the weather and water resistant seal helps keeps the interior dry. The spring-hinge lid opens greater than 90°, won’t slam shut, and is lockable.
- Controlled Spring-Hinge Lid Opens Greater than 90° – Won’t Slam Shut
- Strong and Durable – Can Be Used as a Bench
- Rigid Dual-Wall High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction
- Weather-Resistant Steel Hinges
- Weather- And Water-Resistant Seal – Helps Keep Interior Dry
- Easy Straight-Forward Assembly
- UV-Protected Panels and Lid - Will Not Fade, Crack, or Peel
- Molded Handles – Moves Easily to Desired Location
- Lockable Lid
- Doubles as a Bench (900 lb. Weight Capacity)
- Designed to Accept Do-It-Yourself Dividers or Shelving
- 10-Year Limited Warranty
Large Interior Capacity
Ideal for pool equipment, patio pillows, backyard toy storage, garden tools, or a variety of other needs. The 130-gallon capacity allows you to store a variety of items.
With a molded-in padlock loop, it’s easy to secure your storage with a standard key or combination lock. The added security helps keep your belongings safe.
Strength & Durability
Rigid dual-wall construction made with long-lasting High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) makes this deck box ideal for your backyard. This durable design is perfect to resist the strength of mother nature and allows the box to be used as a bench.
|Size||130 Gallons||116 Gallons||80 Gallons|
|Color||Tan with Brown Lid||Brown with Black Bottom||Tan with Brown Lid|
|Weight Capacity||900 Lbs.||600 Lbs.||250 Lbs.|
|Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty|
|Item Dimensions||26.5 x 24 x 60 inches|
|Item Weight||55.75 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||LFT500L|
|Shipping Weight||57.25 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 60 x 26.5 in||28.5 x 61 x 25.3 in||25.9 x 61.5 x 8.3 in||25.7 x 60 x 27.6 in||54.5 x 27.5 x 24.25 in||26 x 39 x 24 in|
|Size||60 in.||150 Gallon||—||Extra Large||—||80 gallon|
Consumer's Digest awarded the Lifetime Deck Box a Best Buy award in September 2009, stating "This unit delivers the most storage capacity of any deck box and includes the best warranty of any horizontal shed that we found. A spring hinge keeps the lid from slamming shut--a great feature that's unique at this price." Our 130 gallon Lifetime deck box has plenty of room to store all the items that you want to keep in a convenient outdoor location and comes with a strong, lockable, spring-hinged lid which opens to more than 90 degrees for easy access. The versatile design of the Lifetime deck box even allows you to install interior dividers or shelving. This weather-resistant Lifetime deck box is built to withstand the elements with UV-protected high -density polyethylene (HDPE) construction and a water-resistant seal to keep your storage items safe and dry. A great solution for your outdoor storage needs! 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.
Top customer reviews
I placed this box in direct sun light part of the day, hot close to equator climate year round, and prone to heavy rains.
Water getting into yours?
- The first thing you want to do is make sure the ground is raised. See how I put a 6 inch cement platform? That's similar to per code in most cities. You want to do this for your box for two reasons.
1) The cement is even. So the plastic isnt going to warp out causing large gaps on base
2) If your area has flooding, even if half a inch, and there is a gap you are going to get water in the box
This box is not to just drop on the grass somewhere behind your yard. If you actually do that anyway then silicone the base inside and out to give yourself a fighting chance. Placing it on a flat service that doesnt flood is the key.
- The direct sun is no problem. What I did was purchase a bottle of UV protection spray here on amazon and put it on the areas that gets sun. I do this once every few months and keep it in the bin and use it when I remember to. Still looks brand new.
I searched through each and every deckbox/ storage shed on Amazon. I was originally steered away from this product because it is so inexpensive. I wanted to pay more for the best possible solution. After receiving it I couldnt be more happy.
- Make sure when sliding the side together you are doing it correctly. Its easy, but put some muscle in it to create a locked in fit.
- You should use a socket attachment. Whether its a socket wrench, a socket attachment to your screw driver, or to your drill... just go to the hardware store and pick one up for a couple bucks. Its worth it and I can promise you many of the disgruntled assembly reviews must come from someone who tried to use a screw driver.
-Your lid is closing unevenly? - You didnt assemble it incorrectly. Just make sure the box is on an even surface. I believed my lid was on an even surface but when noticing the lid not closing perfectly (slightly to the left) I placed it on what I knew to be for sure an even surface it the lid closed perfectly.
- Silicone caulking has been recommended by others but I havent needed to since I raised mine on flat surface.
- A UV protectant spray.
- A socket attachment for assembly
It is more difficult to assemble than something like an Ikea furniture set. It will take someone handy just minutes to do it but if you are not handy assembling this deckbox might slightly irritate you.
If you need a deck box get this one.
Just for the record it took exactly 59 minutes start to finish and that was having to take out 4 screws in the lid which I put in the wrong place. (I put the 3/4" screws where I should have put in the 1 1/4" screws). So took them out and used the right ones.
I also bedded each screw and the 4 corner brackets with silicone which took extra time but IMO is necessary when using metal fasteners into plastic because you can not tighten anything up, you just have to "snug" it up.
Bedding everything well in silicone gives that extra hold needed and also helps with any possible future rust problems. I also took high quality silicone grease made for bicycle chains and smeared it on all the metal this will stop any rust and keep the fasteners in good shape.
I also added a bead of silicone to all interior joints which adds extra water proofing and gets rid of any entry points for bugs also.
Last night it rained harder than it has in at least 8+ months, I mean it absolutely dumped and the box remained 100% dry as a bone, so it passed that test no problem. Next test will be how it handles the Sun/Heat and wont know about that for a few months and will update review accordingly when I do.
Overall the box seems as strong as you can ever expect a plastic box to be, seems well made, plenty large enough, lid snaps into place so stays shut.
We bought ours at Lowes actually because they have for the cheapest price I could find ($149.00).
This is the best deck box I could find for under $500.00, but for the $150 price point nothing else comes close according to my research.
Just remember to bed everything in silicone and do NOT over tighten and this box should last many years.
I will try to post a couple of pictures of the interior.
Edit: July 23rd 2012.
Well this box DID start to leak but only in ONE place and I believe I have remedied the problem/design flaw.
There is a flat spot right in the middle of the lid where the lock is supposed to go.
That is a design flaw IMO as there is zero reason for that to be flat there so what happens is during a very hard rain water will run under the lid and down towards the center then right on in the box over that flat spot.
What I did was to put a silicone dam right there and that seems to work.
Putting as picture of it up.