Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box" and save 34% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.30 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extra-large deck box made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic, powder-coated steel hinges
- Interior capacity is 130 gallons or 16.4 cubic feet
- Inside dimensions are 57 inches long by 20.75 inches wide by 23.75 inches high
- Lockable lid with spring hinge for gentle closing
- Stylish two-tone design in brown and tan
- Backed by a 10-Year limited manufacturer warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
130 Gallon Deck Box
We've come a long way since our beginning. It all started as an idea in a garage in Riverdale, Utah. Lifetime Products' founder was a father who simply wanted to build a better basketball hoop for his family.
His passion for innovation quickly expanded beyond his initial project, and he created a company in March of 1986 called Lifetime Products. The philosophy for the name, as well as the goal of the company, was to build durable lasting products for consumers.
Lifetime Products has become a world-wide trusted brand as it has broadened from basketball hoops, to picnic tables, and to folding tables and chairs. Now our sheds, kayaks, and more are leaders in their competitive markets. From those first years in Lifetime's history, the company has grown from 15 employees in a partial warehouse to over 1,500 employees — all over the globe.
130 Gallon Deck Box
Need to expand your patio storage, but have limited space available? Store your things outside in a Lifetime Storage Box. The rigid, double-wall, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) construction makes the box strong and durable, sturdy enough to be used as a patio bench. It’s UV-protected construction, and the weather and water resistant seal helps keeps the interior dry. The spring-hinge lid opens greater than 90°, won’t slam shut, and is lockable.
- Controlled Spring-Hinge Lid Opens Greater than 90° – Won’t Slam Shut
- Strong and Durable – Can Be Used as a Bench
- Rigid Dual-Wall High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction
- Weather-Resistant Steel Hinges
- Weather- And Water-Resistant Seal – Helps Keep Interior Dry
- Easy Straight-Forward Assembly
- UV-Protected Panels and Lid - Will Not Fade, Crack, or Peel
- Molded Handles – Moves Easily to Desired Location
- Lockable Lid
- Doubles as a Bench (900 lb. Weight Capacity)
- Designed to Accept Do-It-Yourself Dividers or Shelving
- 10-Year Limited Warranty
Large Interior Capacity
Ideal for pool equipment, patio pillows, backyard toy storage, garden tools, or a variety of other needs. The 130-gallon capacity allows you to store a variety of items.
With a molded-in padlock loop, it’s easy to secure your storage with a standard key or combination lock. The added security helps keep your belongings safe.
Strength & Durability
Rigid dual-wall construction made with long-lasting High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) makes this deck box ideal for your backyard. This durable design is perfect to resist the strength of mother nature and allows the box to be used as a bench.
|Size||130 Gallons||116 Gallons||80 Gallons|
|Color||Tan with Brown Lid||Brown with Black Bottom||Tan with Brown Lid|
|Weight Capacity||900 Lbs.||600 Lbs.||250 Lbs.|
|Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty||10-Year Limited Warranty|
Compare with similar items
Suncast DBW9200 Mocha Resin Wicker Deck Box, 99-Gallon
Rubbermaid Outdoor Deck Box With Seat, Medium, 46" L x 24" W x 24" H (FG5F2100OLVSS)
PATIOROMA Outdoor Patio Aluminum Frame Wicker Cushion Storage Bin Deck Box, Espresso Brown
Outdoor Storage Bin Deck Box, 120 Gallon Patio Aluminum Frame Wicker Cushion Storage Box, Gray
Suncast DB10300 Patio Storage Box
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Ollypulse||Super Patio||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 60 x 26.5 in||25.5 x 50.8 x 25.5 in||26.2 x 42.5 x 25.1 in||20.5 x 51.2 x 31.5 in||20.5 x 51.2 x 31.5 in||21 x 56.2 x 24 in|
|Material Type||plastic||plastic||—||Wicker, aluminum||Aluminum||Resin|
|Size||130 Gallon||99 Gallon||Regular||51.2 x 20.5 x 31.5 in||large||103-gallon|
Consumer's Digest awarded the Lifetime Deck Box a Best Buy award in September 2009, stating "This unit delivers the most storage capacity of any deck box and includes the best warranty of any horizontal shed that we found. A spring hinge keeps the lid from slamming shut--a great feature that's unique at this price." Our 130 gallon Lifetime deck box has plenty of room to store all the items that you want to keep in a convenient outdoor location and comes with a strong, lockable, spring-hinged lid which opens to more than 90 degrees for easy access. The versatile design of the Lifetime deck box even allows you to install interior dividers or shelving. This weather-resistant Lifetime deck box is built to withstand the elements with UV-protected high -density polyethylene (HDPE) construction and a water-resistant seal to keep your storage items safe and dry. A great solution for your outdoor storage needs! 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I placed this box in direct sun light part of the day, hot close to equator climate year round, and prone to heavy rains.
Water getting into yours?
- The first thing you want to do is make sure the ground is raised. See how I put a 6 inch cement platform? That's similar to per code in most cities. You want to do this for your box for two reasons.
1) The cement is even. So the plastic isnt going to warp out causing large gaps on base
2) If your area has flooding, even if half a inch, and there is a gap you are going to get water in the box
This box is not to just drop on the grass somewhere behind your yard. If you actually do that anyway then silicone the base inside and out to give yourself a fighting chance. Placing it on a flat service that doesnt flood is the key.
- The direct sun is no problem. What I did was purchase a bottle of UV protection spray here on amazon and put it on the areas that gets sun. I do this once every few months and keep it in the bin and use it when I remember to. Still looks brand new.
I searched through each and every deckbox/ storage shed on Amazon. I was originally steered away from this product because it is so inexpensive. I wanted to pay more for the best possible solution. After receiving it I couldnt be more happy.
- Make sure when sliding the side together you are doing it correctly. Its easy, but put some muscle in it to create a locked in fit.
- You should use a socket attachment. Whether its a socket wrench, a socket attachment to your screw driver, or to your drill... just go to the hardware store and pick one up for a couple bucks. Its worth it and I can promise you many of the disgruntled assembly reviews must come from someone who tried to use a screw driver.
-Your lid is closing unevenly? - You didnt assemble it incorrectly. Just make sure the box is on an even surface. I believed my lid was on an even surface but when noticing the lid not closing perfectly (slightly to the left) I placed it on what I knew to be for sure an even surface it the lid closed perfectly.
- Silicone caulking has been recommended by others but I havent needed to since I raised mine on flat surface.
- A UV protectant spray.
- A socket attachment for assembly
It is more difficult to assemble than something like an Ikea furniture set. It will take someone handy just minutes to do it but if you are not handy assembling this deckbox might slightly irritate you.
If you need a deck box get this one.
PROS: It was easy to put together. It comes with a pretty easy to understand manual but best of all there is a scanner bar that I could aim my phone at and go directly to a youtube video that took me through the assembly (rather quickly so i had to pause it but it was straightforward and understandable). It is a BIG box and it would have been nice to have help but I did do it myself.
CON: The support bar or frame bar (whatever it is called) just wouldn't fit into the slot properly..The first side went in nicely and I watched the video several times to see if I was doing something wrong. I have pictures below and have circled the problem area. It wouldn't go in the slot and then because of that it wouldn't snap down properly. I went ahead and put the rest of it together hoping it would be fine but the right side corner of the box just won't close properly (pictured). If it would close it would definitely be five stars. I gave it two because I believe it is still waterproof and with a latch I should be able to keep it closed.
I see a lot of 5-star ratings for it being easy to put together, and I'm not sure how. Maybe I got a bad one.
However, the box - once it's together - is very sturdy. I'm pretty sure it would hold me without problems. Product deserves 4 stars, but putting it together was not trivial.
of room to spare. It is made very sturdy and can easily sit 2-3 people on the lid. It took my husband about 45 minutes to put it together.
We did take the advice of another reviewer and caulked the inside. If you look at my pictures you can see the one with the holes. If you are sitting
it in an area where it might flood a few inches it would be best to seal the inside. It has rained a few time really hard and no water yet. We did not
put any caulk at the latch hole and we didn't have a problem with leakage. We'll see what the winter holds!