Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Extra-large deck box made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic, powder-coated steel hinges
- Interior capacity is 130 gallons or 16.4 cubic feet
- Inside dimensions are 57 inches long by 20.75 inches wide by 23.75 inches high
- Lockable lid with spring hinge for gentle closing
- Stylish two-tone design in brown and tan
- Backed by a 10-Year limited manufacturer warranty
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Keter Brightwood 120 Gallon Outdoor Resin Garden Patio Storage Furniture Deck Box
Keter Sumatra 135 gallon Outdoor Storage Rattan Deck Box, Brown
Suncast DB10300 Patio Storage Box
YardStash Deck Box Cover XL to Protect Large Deck Boxes: Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box Cover, Suncast DBW9200 Deck Box Cover, Rubbermaid 5E39 Deck Box Cover & Rubbermaid w/Seat Deck Box Cover
Keter Springwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box Outdoor Patio Garden Furniture 80 Gal, Brown
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||YardStash Solutions||Amazon.com|
|Color||Desert Sand/Brown||Espresso Brown||Espresso Brown||Tan||Green||Brown|
|Item Dimensions||60 x 24 x 26.5 in||57 x 27.5 x 23.7 in||57 x 28.7 x 25 in||56.2 x 21 x 24 in||62 x 25 x 28 in||49 x 21.8 x 5.3 in|
|Material Type||plastic||Resin||plastic||Resin||Spun Polyester||plastic|
|Size||130 Gallon||57L x 27.5W x 23.7H in.||—||103-gallon||62" long x 25" deep x 28" high||—|
Consumer's Digest awarded the Lifetime Deck Box a Best Buy award in September 2009, stating "This unit delivers the most storage capacity of any deck box and includes the best warranty of any horizontal shed that we found. A spring hinge keeps the lid from slamming shut--a great feature that's unique at this price." Our 130 gallon Lifetime deck box has plenty of room to store all the items that you want to keep in a convenient outdoor location and comes with a strong, lockable, spring-hinged lid which opens to more than 90 degrees for easy access. The versatile design of the Lifetime deck box even allows you to install interior dividers or shelving. This weather-resistant Lifetime deck box is built to withstand the elements with UV-protected high -density polyethylene (HDPE) construction and a water-resistant seal to keep your storage items safe and dry. A great solution for your outdoor storage needs! 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I placed this box in direct sun light part of the day, hot close to equator climate year round, and prone to heavy rains.
Water getting into yours?
- The first thing you want to do is make sure the ground is raised. See how I put a 6 inch cement platform? That's similar to per code in most cities. You want to do this for your box for two reasons.
1) The cement is even. So the plastic isnt going to warp out causing large gaps on base
2) If your area has flooding, even if half a inch, and there is a gap you are going to get water in the box
This box is not to just drop on the grass somewhere behind your yard. If you actually do that anyway then silicone the base inside and out to give yourself a fighting chance. Placing it on a flat service that doesnt flood is the key.
- The direct sun is no problem. What I did was purchase a bottle of UV protection spray here on amazon and put it on the areas that gets sun. I do this once every few months and keep it in the bin and use it when I remember to. Still looks brand new.
I searched through each and every deckbox/ storage shed on Amazon. I was originally steered away from this product because it is so inexpensive. I wanted to pay more for the best possible solution. After receiving it I couldnt be more happy.
- Make sure when sliding the side together you are doing it correctly. Its easy, but put some muscle in it to create a locked in fit.
- You should use a socket attachment. Whether its a socket wrench, a socket attachment to your screw driver, or to your drill... just go to the hardware store and pick one up for a couple bucks. Its worth it and I can promise you many of the disgruntled assembly reviews must come from someone who tried to use a screw driver.
-Your lid is closing unevenly? - You didnt assemble it incorrectly. Just make sure the box is on an even surface. I believed my lid was on an even surface but when noticing the lid not closing perfectly (slightly to the left) I placed it on what I knew to be for sure an even surface it the lid closed perfectly.
- Silicone caulking has been recommended by others but I havent needed to since I raised mine on flat surface.
- A UV protectant spray.
- A socket attachment for assembly
It is more difficult to assemble than something like an Ikea furniture set. It will take someone handy just minutes to do it but if you are not handy assembling this deckbox might slightly irritate you.
If you need a deck box get this one.
We have a large U-shaped sectional with a ton of seat and back cushions and small square throw pillows. This box holds all 12 of our back cushions (these are smaller than the seat cushions), 4 small square throw pillows, my pool exercise items (float belt, float shoes, float dumbbells, small kickboard), fly swatter, and a few other small items. ;-) The 10 seat cushions are larger/thicker so we had to split storing those in 2 other deck boxes (different style/brand) along with the remaining throw pillows. So yes, we have 3 deck boxes around our pool, LOL. After buying this through Amazon and liking it, I found the same one at a local big box home store and bought it. The 2nd one is located up on our house deck to hold cushions for the patio furniture that is up there. The quality is the same with the 2nd Lifetime box as the one ordered through Amazon. I highly recommend this Brand and model no matter where you purchase it.
Second, the newer unit uses a single self tapping screw through two layers of plastic to hold the sides to the front and back, the older unit had metal brackets and 4 screws. The original design has had no problem, but on the current version in just a couple of months the screws have already started to rip their way out of the plastic and the sides are loose from the front. Will need repairing soon - probably some metal brackets like the original.