Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Lifetime 50 Inch Shatter Proof Portable Basketball Hoop
|Price:||$259.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Assembly of 1 portable hoop
- Please allow an assembly window of 4-6 hours
- Moving the basketball hoop to a new location is not included
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 50" Shatterproof Makralon polycarbonate backboard gives you the look and feel of professional glass!
- All-weather resistant, designed to withstand the harshest elements
- Action Grip height adjustment mechanism easily adjusts from 7.5 to 10 feet with one hand
- Solid-steel Slam-It Rim with double-compression springs and welded net hooks is built to take a slam
- Portable base can be filled with water or sand; Backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I was looking for a nice quality basketball hoop, but had to keep the budget around $300.00(spouse's orders). Actually, I was really concerned at finding something of quality at that price point. I wanted at least a decent sized backboard of good material for my boys. At first I was first thinking of an in-ground systems as I thought they would be more stable. However, I was not sure on an ideal location for a permanent mount (each had some drawbacks in our location) due to the way we have our driveway, the slope on part of it, and what car(s) may be parked outside. In addition, I really did not want to get into digging a post hole and cementing in a sleeve only to find out the boys would not like the location. So, I changed my mind and started looking at only portable systems. Please be assured that this portable system is stable. Another concern I had was that perhaps the portable system might not look as nice (I don't know why I was worried about that, I think this hoop looks great!).
Amazon did a wonderful job shipping and delivering the whole box right to my garage (free shipping).
After reading many reviews about others putting together portable basketball hoop systems I was really DREADING putting this thing together.Read more ›
The kids are enjoying the hoop and it is very easy to adjust the height for the different ages. Overall good purchase for the money.....and even better with free Amazon Prime Shipping!
There are several problems that you have to overcome. First is the sheer size of this goal. It makes it extremely difficult as it's very heavy and large and each step of assembly seems to require the goal to be in a different position. Sawhorses, not listed in the Tools Needed section of the instructions, are absolutely essential. They help position the goal in various ways and keeps the weight off the rim as several steps seem to indicate that the goal and entire weight should be placed with the rim on the ground. I can't imagine the rim not bending from that.
More difficult are the instructions. As most everyone has noted in their reviews, the instructions seem to have been put together by a sadist. Everything is referred to by strange three letter codes (AAF, AEB, etc) but nothing (not a single part) is labeled. Parts are placed in bags, but each bag does not go with a single step. You basically have to dump out 100 screws, bolts, nuts and other goodies onto the table and figure out what each part is. If this isn't bad enough, several of the bolts are very close, but not identical, to each other. It's very easy to use the 7" bolt where the other 7 1/8" bolts go. It makes assembly slow and maddening.Read more ›
My suggestions and comments are as follows:
1. Read the directions all the way through before ripping open any parts packages.
2. We separated each bag of parts in a series of flat box lids and kept the packaging so we knew which box lid to grab at each point in assembly.
3. Buy lithium grease!!!!! Saved us the headache of forcing poles together unnecessarily.
4. Buy a rubber mallet. You WILL need it especially for wheel assembly to base portion.
5. Make sure you have a closed wrench for stretching the springs in the final steps. You'll need it and someone with some upper body strength!
6. The backboard attachment to the pole section can be a little tricky. I would recommend 2 adults do this. We had a retaining wall that gradually increased in height so we were able to use that to great advantage. Not everyone has that so saw horses would help a lot.
7. We used a traffic cone with the end cut to fit around the base opening for filling with sand. Again we used the retaining wall to rest fully assembled hoop at an angle so sand would flow easily. Saw horses would help here, too or you can fill with water.
8. Socket set was a life saver.
9. Pre-drill ALL holes when using self tapping screws. I may just not have the brute strength to make self tapping screws grab so I Pre-drilled all holes and had no issues (yes, the tools are all mine and I know how to use them. Hubby not handy!).
10. Enjoy! It's a solid hoop with nice rebound, great rim give and the adjustable height is super easy to work once assembled.
Took us about 4.5 hours to fully assemble at a very deliberate pace.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product. Many parts to put together. 5 hrs solo. And another 2 hrs to get the sand in. If you can get dry sand it should be easier. The sand from home depot. Read morePublished 4 days ago by bib
Just put this model together last weekend. It took about 6 hours. As long as you go slow and are careful it is not very difficult. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Alfred Santoli
My grandchildren have had this for about 3 years and it still looks new! It it still easy to move from one height position to another. Read morePublished 17 days ago by MVMBuyer
Nice quality for a good price. Took me about 4 hrs to put together and the instructions were clear and simple to follow. Read morePublished 4 months ago by TS
Purchased this for a disabilities ministry, and it was a big hit at a recent event. Easily disassembled for transport. Very satisfied.Published 4 months ago by EW
Great for the price. I put it together myself. Good instructions It took a day but it is exactly what my 13 year old wantedPublished 5 months ago by Timothy Brouillette
Took a while to put this together, but it works great and the kids love it.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer