Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Lift the Flap Bible
Format: Board book|Change

on April 8, 2016
Cute book, good introduction the the basic bible stories. The stories included are: the garden of Eden, Noah's ark, Moses parting the Red Sea, David and Goliath, Jonah and the fish (it only says fish, not whale- huh), the birth of Jesus, the lame man who was lowered thru the roof to Jesus, the miracle of the loaves and the fish, the good Sheperd (Luke 15), the disciples and the storm quieted by Jesus (Mark 4), the parable of the builders (Matthew 7), Jesus walks on water, the resurrection, and Jesus fills the nets with fish (Matthew 28). I appreciate that each little story includes the original scripture reference, so you know where to read the entire story in the Bible. There are lots of flaps to open- not all are relevant to the story, but some are, like giant Goliath falling down! Overall, a satisfying purchase and a good way to start introducing Bible stories to my toddler.
22 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 5, 2012
This was a perfect little Bible to begin teaching my 2 year old with. The flaps were a continuation of the story line, and my child looked forward in anticipation to see the resolution to the story.

To spare anyone the trouble of not knowing what stories are included, I'm providing a list. I looked high and low for a fun children's Bible that included the stories that I wished for, but was always at a loss when attempting to purchase. It was always frustrating not knowing what I'm going to be getting.

The Creation
Baby Jesus Birth
Paralyzed man coming to Jesus through Roof
The feeding of the 5000
The Good Shepherd looking for His lost sheep
The calming of the storm
The Wise and Foolish Builder
Walking on top of water
The Resurrection from the tomb
Jesus meeting his disciples at the shore

Hopefully that helps you in your search. It is a perfect, unique, engaging Children's Bible. ENJOY!!
77 comments| 572 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2015
I'm extremely picky with children's Bible-books, and while this one does not meet all my dream-list criteria, it comes close and is the only Bible-book for Toddlers that I found appropriate for my 1 year old. He enjoys the flaps and asks to read the creation and flood story in particular over and over again. The writing is particularly excellent--the descriptions are concise, but rich, and focus on themes appropriate for the age group (eg: the flood story is called "A New Beginning" rather than focusing on the extremely destructive and tragic side of the story--at the same time, it isn't too sugar coated or warped). Some of the story concepts in the new testament are not really understandable to my son yet; he can't understand that Jesus is helping a cripple person walk, for example. But I think 2 year olds and up would understand it well. I accidentally ordered two of these, but I kept the second to give as a gift, and for such a wonderful price, you might be able to do the same.
on January 3, 2018
This book is perfect for the kid who is in between “the Rhyming bible” (18 months to 2 years) and the Jesus Storybook Bible (3.5/4 years old). My 3.5 year old has a hard time sitting for the Jesus Storybook bible but I like this one because we can either read the very short stories, of she can just life the flaps while I short-hand tell her the stories. Really, both of my kids are at the age where *sometimes* they let me read the stories, but mostly they want to lift the flaps (3.5 and 16 months). I don't mind because they really like the book and how *many* flap are there for them to flip. Someday we will read more the text. I have read it myself and Sally Lloyd Jones (again) does a fantastic job of making bible stories interesting and understandable for children and adults alike.
on January 16, 2016
I got the board book, it has the same number of pages as the hardcover version and contains the same stories that other reviewers have listed for the hardcover. The stories are all very short and simplified, which is perfect for the age group I'm gifting this to.

The artworks is beautiful. The flaps usually show before and after scenes, like David confronting Goliath and then under the flap Goliath defeated or a bird with a nest of eggs and under the flap they have hatched. It's really a lovely book and a great way to get small children acquainted with the Bible.
on May 5, 2016
Bought this board book, lift the flap bible book used from an amazon seller at a great deal, for my son.

As you can see it is more of a chewing item for him but I still do read it to him & be careful not to let him rip the flaps.

The book has 14 Bible stories from Creation to the Miraculous catch of the fish. Also each story tells you which part of the Bible it was taken from. There are also 40 flaps.

I bought one for my then 7 month old son & another for my 1 year old neice. A great book for the kids. Even my big Kids who are 8 & 9 years old like to read it & lift the flaps.
on November 1, 2016
BEST! got my toddler this to start talking to him about God and the loves it. Ask to read it to him every night. Now that we have read it several times he now opens up the pages and remember the stories. its beautiful
on September 10, 2016
Bought this for my 11 month baby to get familiar with Bible story. This is a good product because it catches my LO's attention since he loves to flip things over. But the color contrast is not consistent for example the image on Noah's Oak page seems blurry and it's hard to tell what it is. I still give 5 star because it's difficult to make so many flaps on one page and this book covers 14 stories. I have to applaud the hard work of the author.
on November 29, 2017
I was raised in a Christian home and wanted something light to introduce my "sort of Christian" friend's child to our faith and to our savior Jesus Christ. This book is neither informative nor entertaining, and there was really no emphasis on character building, moral values or a tangible relationship with God. Lift The Flap Bible is so short, so dry, and so void of feeling that I decided not to give it away in fear that it would make a poor first impression. There are much better beginner Bibles out there, as well as the timeless Little Golden Books series.
on July 23, 2017
The first set of pages wasn't assembled correctly so the flaps and the pics under the flaps aren't aligned. Prolly order new one eventually and won't ship back this one, since it probably costs about as much to ship back as to just order a new one. If it wasn't for that, I'd rate it five stars. Illustrations are adorable and plenty of cute flaps. Perfect for my 3 yr old but not good for my 1.5 yr old (yet) who gets excited and tears off flaps like a mad monkey! (: