Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

• Lift
  • Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on May 12, 2017
I've read all her books and I completely adore Glitter and Glue and The Middle Place. This one was sweet and a nice short read, but left me wondering a little why it was published for mass market. Can't wait to see what she produces next!
on February 18, 2015
This is a beautiful memoir of motherhood that I read in under an hour. I read it for the first first time while pregnant with my first child. It was very emotional at the time. Years later I read it again as the mother of two little ones. Corrigan speaks to the unique experience of loving someone as much as we do our children.
on April 1, 2012
I was expecting it to resonate more, I guess. And to be uplifting. It was just a little depressing. I have 2 little girls--- some of the parts were a neat read, but mostly, it made me feel melancholy.
on April 2, 2010
Lift is a wonderfully delightful read. A great follow up to Corrigan's memoir "A Middle Place". Written as a love letter to her two daughters the author does a admirable job describing a parent's love for their child. Especially affecting was the passage about Corrigan's friend deciding to have artificial insemination and when telling her very catholic very conservative Grandmother is unexpectedly blessed to have her complete support. Lift has inspired me write a letter to my own young daughters.
on July 29, 2015
I really enjoy Kelly Corrigan's books, but was disappointed to pay $9.99 for less than 100 pages. I wish I had paid closer attention to the # of pages before I purchased.
on April 16, 2010
It is not often that I read something that I find myself thinking about all day long, that I literally hear myself saying, "yes, yes, that is exactly how I feel, too." You see, there is a bond that connects all mothers; something that we all understand about each other. It is tacit, found underneath the chaos of everyday living, and Kelly Corrigan just gets it.

I suggest you read it and pass it on- Maybe even give them as gifts to moms you know.
on May 1, 2010
I do agree with the ONE person who gave this book a 1 star --- it is a small book with a big price tag but I don't place importance on the cost of something. Kelly did a magnificent job of saying what we all feel. I certainly wish that the book was longer b/c I didn't want to put it down. I have purchased this book for my daughter's first Mother's Day as well as for several other friends who love Kelly Corrigan!
on September 7, 2015
She writes the feelings we all have...I love reading anything she writes. I always look forward to her next book!
on June 29, 2014
Kelly Corrigan's words are masterful, delightful, and inspired. Loved this quick read and have been passing this little book around to family and friends. Not one bad review from them either.
on June 6, 2015
An amazing and quick read that just gets the power and messy beauty of parenthood. I immediately wanted to read it again.