Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick

on May 6, 2015
As the main single suggest(although written by Elton John) Aloe Blacc is the man. He tell us what a man duty is and that he fulfills it.
he dances Cabaret style, on the video for "I'm The Man". it's not bragging, if you live up to your words. "I Can Do That" is a party song
which is good without the video availabe to see on YouTube, and even better with the video. Ticking Bomb"reminds the listener that this world
won't last forever and the video implies how it will end. "Eyes Of A Child" and "Lift Your Spirit" do lift my spirit similar to "Glory" from the soundtrack to SELMA it's message of don't give up on life.
If you're a fan of John Legend, and Stevie Wonderi as I am,you probably will enjoy this.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2014
I'm a little late to the Aloe Blacc party but I sure am glad that I'm finally here! While watching tv, I would hear snippets of his music on various ads and promos and I went on a mission to find out the names of the songs and the artist behind them. This cd did not disappoint. I love this entire album, especially the first five tracks. The songs on this cd do indeed lift my spirits and make me feel happy. Aloe's beautifully deep and silky voice reminds me of Bill Withers which is a big compliment to Mr. Blacc. If you love soulful, bluesy, funky, feel good music that will having you dancing in your car (or anywhere you listen to it), then I highly recommend this cd.
on August 12, 2014
Aloe Blacc is just a few years older than me, and in a point of his life where he's probably realized he's just got to man up. Every time I listen to this album I feel as if he's reading my mind, for the most part. Lift Your Spirit is a retrospective journey of sorts, a contemplation on how much control we have and don't have as humans, something I think most First-Worlders encounter in their 30s. Now, I may be a lady, but I feel very tied to his words, even getting a boost from "I'm the Man." This album is well-thought out, well-paced, well-versed, and very smart. Listening to the album as a whole, and specifically songs like "Chasing," I feel as if I am being fed my veggies cleverly wrapped in bacon. It makes me hope that more hip-hop artists would use their voice and talents to create poignant music (and that people will continue buying the smart-hop music of many artists like Mr. Blacc).
on July 17, 2014
Great album. As most people I had heard Aloe Blacc's "The Man" for the first time during the 2013 NFL Playoffs as the soundtrack to Beats headphones commercials. Than I saw the video on television a couple times and really liked the sounds and Blacc's singing. I took a chance on the album and it is a really well rounded album. A lot of reviews will do must download tracks and I would really think that this whole album is a must download if I am honest. This is a really good album.
on October 16, 2017
Bought this for sentimental reasons. I like most of the songs but some sound the same.
on April 10, 2014
Just introduced to Aloe Blacc this year & must say his vocals/music is quite refreshing...was my only 5-hour traveling music recently & am truly a 'senior' fan now. THE Man's Spirit surely lifted my spirit. Kudos Aloe!
5 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2015
Nice music but nothing special. Nothing really catchy or memorable. I saw an interview with Aloe Blacc and really appreciated his views on music. That made me order his CD hoping hoping for the best. I was a little disappointed. Don't really dig any one tune; they're all okay. I just expected more.
on July 22, 2014
I always think it's silly to rate music because everyone has their own tastes, but this cd was really great and not something i probably would have found normally. so soulful, yet upbeat. love it. (Although after "The Man" has been overplayed on radio and TV, I now have to skip that song - the rest of the album is great, though!)
on August 13, 2016
Just a wonderful CD - Aloe Blacc is a great singer and hearing his voice just make you feel good. Looking forward to more music from this talented man.
on May 1, 2017
Very nice sound and enjoyable album. Reminiscent of artists of prior days with a refreshing twist.