|Item Weight||11.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8 x 6 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||828LM|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
828LM LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Allows you to open and close the garage door or gate from anywhere and control home lighting with a smartphone, tablet or computer.Easily connects to the home router
- Works only with LiftMaster MyQ-Enabled Garage Door Openers (with MyQ logo and yellow learn button) and Gate Operators and MyQ Accessories: LiftMaster 8500,8550,8557,8587,8355,8360 Garage Door Opener ; LiftMaster CSW24V,CSL24V,LA500 Gate Operators ; LiftMaster 888LM MyQ Control Panel LiftMaster 823LM Remote Light Switch LiftMaster 825LM Remote Light
- Controls up to 16 MyQ-Enabled devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Features MyQ enabled technology for two-way communication, putting freedom and control into the hands of the homeowner Enables homeowner to operate the garage door, gate operator, or turn on/off lights in or around the home using a smartphone or computer, from anywhere in the world Fast and easy installation through in-home router No annual activation fee Compatible only with LiftMaster Security+2.0TM garage door openers (models 8550 and 8360), gate operators (models CSW24V, CSL24V and LA500), and accessories enabled by MyQ technology To reduce the risk of injury to persons - When the LiftMaster Internet Gateway is used with garage door openers, the operator must be installed with sectional doors.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It requires a MyQ account to use remote monitoring and control on mobile devices via the MyQ mobile app.
All that being said, this product has a MAJOR downside - SECURITY, or lack of of it!
This device is a WIRELESS GATEWAY which cannot be accessed, managed, nor secured by the user whatsoever.
This wireless gateway connects to MyQ devices, but Chamberlain refuses to disclose what type, if any, of wireless security standard is being used.
It also connects to the MyQ Service, but Chamberlain refuses to disclose any information on the encryption protocols used to connect to the service.
* Is the status of a garage door being open or closed being transmitted in PLAIN TEXT to the MyQ service? No one at Chamberlain could say one way or the other! WHAAAT?
Chamberlain only provides scripted answers such as "proprietary information cannot be disclosed."
So is Chamberlain developing their own encryption algorithms? If so, SCARY! If not, then why not simply disclose the use of proven encryption methodologies? Or even worse, is encryption even being used?
With the rise of hacking of (IOT) Internet Of Things devices, Chamberlain should do everything possible to secure these devices. Not only are these wireless gateways a point of vulnerability on the network, but they are also a point of vulnerability to physical home security.
Chamberlain product documentation as well as Chamberlain phone support is of little help.
In fact it seems the (CSRs) Customer Service Representatives at Chamberlain purposefully try to avoid answering the question, and even seem to attempt to cloud the issue with meaningless technobabble and unrelated documentation.
After several phone calls to technical support and many emails, it is my personal opinion this company is in no way concerned with the security of these devices, nor the security concerns of customers.
Chamberlain also makes LiftMaster, Craftsman (rebranded Chamberlain), and Clicker.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT NOR ANY MYQ GATEWAY DEVICE
1. I plugged it into my router with the provided cables. This is straightforward, and you should see lights on both the router and device light up when it's connected - make sure to take a photo of the back of the gateway device because you'll need the serial # later
2. I setup my LiftMaster account online (myliftmaster.com) - use a computer, the mobile app isn't great for creating new accounts
3. Downloaded the app (iOS and Android work nearly identically) and logged into the app with my newly created myliftmaster.com account
4. Created a place in the app and called it "home" - this step requires the S/N on the back of the device
5. Now, it's time to add your garage door to the app, you'll likely need a small ladder to get to the "Learn" button on the garage door opener, you'll need to be ready to press this very soon, so get it ready
6. Click "Manage Places" > Add new device in the app
7. It will ask you if it's a Wifi device - Say NO (this is not a Wifi device)
8. Now press "Learn" on the garage door opener quickly (under 3 minutes from when you added a new device in the app), and the LiftMaster internet gateway will recognize the garage door in "Learn" mode and connect to it - select it and give it a name
9. If you have more than one door opener that you want to program, do steps 6 thru 8 again for the next door opener
The instructions are on page 2 of this file: [...]
But it's very poorly written, and needs screen shots and better instructions to help people get this thing setup. I consider myself extremely familiar with networking devices, and using apps on smart devices - but this one was not very intuitive, and could have been much easier to setup with better instructions.
Now the Siri part. While i run the homebridge on my raspberry pi to send commands to Siri, i had to edit the configuration file to include it to make it visible to Apple homekit. Once i did that and restarted it I was able to control with Siri on my phone (look at the pictures). This way i don't even have to open liftmaster App to issue the command. Extremely useful when it is sub zero outside and you need to open/close the garage without leaving the couch....!
Overall I'm extremely pleased with the product and only few times i've made the home automation work within 15 mins of setup and this product is one.