|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 4 x 1.5 inches|
|Item model number||829LM|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
LiftMaster 829LM Garage Door Monitor
|Price:||See price in cart|
|& FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Only Works with MyQ Technology openers. Does not work with all openers
- Lets you know when your door is open or closed. Close the door from inside your home.
- Volume controlled alert lets you know when the door is being opened.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are two lights that indicate the state of all of the garage door openers. If at least one is open, the red light blinks. If all are closed the green light is solid. Nice and simple. There is a button to close all the doors. My opener beeps and flashes the light just before the close happens when the button is pressed, so there is a chance to get out of the way and break the safety beam/press the button to stop the close process. There are also audible alerts, which can be set to off, low, medium, or high volumes. Three short beeps indicate a door is opening. A short beep that repeats every 30 seconds or so indicate one or more doors are open. Note that this accessory has a wall wart that is not pictured, so it must be placed close to an outlet. The wall wart plug sticks out of the rear of the unit. This works with up to 4 door openers, I am using it to monitor two. The thing does exactly what it says it will do.Read more ›
Here are the key things you need to know:
1. Although sold by Liftmaster this monitor will work with any garage door opener that has the MyQ feature installed, regardless of brand. Liftmaster openers are sold under the Chamberlain and Sears Craftsman brand names, among others. MyQ is a feature that connects to your home WiFi system and permits you to operate enabled products (garage door and gate openers) using an app on a smartphone. It is built in to many of the newer openers and can be added to any “MyQ-enabled” opener. Note that MyQ does require you to have WiFi and also have a smartphone.
2. This is not exactly the same as the remote opener on your garage wall or outside wall in that it will NOT open the door, the push button will only close the door from wherever you have the monitor plugged in.
3. There is no real installation, just plug it in, push a small button on the back and within 60 seconds press the “learn” button on your garage door opener. They instantly pair and recognize each other.
4. Some of the user questions and answers are a little misleading … there are actually two different “alert tones” involved. One is a beeper inside the monitor that can be set to warn you if the garage door is being opened. This is a great security feature or just a nice convenience to give you a heads-up that someone is home.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This works wirelessly and takes less than a few minutes to set up. The opener must have MyQ technology which most recent LiftMaster openers do. Read morePublished 9 days ago by David A. Woerner
These units are great! We have several of them and they have several times called to our attention that the garage door was still open before we went to bed. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Sky King
Great product, don't have to get up out of bed to check if garage doors are done. Controls up to 4 doorsPublished 27 days ago by Pam
I have installed it to monitor the rolling gate that I have. I love the fact that it will beep at you if you leave the gate open every minute or so. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Scott Schoenhardt
Works as designed, hooked up to the opener with no problem right away. I wish it was batter powered so I could move it around to various places in the house. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Dave
I can sleep better since I installed this. Now I don't have to worry about whether I closed the garage and no more late calls at night from my neighbors telling me my garage door... Read morePublished 3 months ago by LARRY J WYNS