|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
LiftMaster 8550 Garage Door Opener Elite Series DC Battery Backup W/O Rail Assembly
|Price:||$225.00 & FREE Shipping|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Detaching old garage door opener
- Mounting 1 customer-supplied opener to new bracket
- Installing new motion sensors
- Testing for proper functionality
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener with your smartphone
- Motors from LiftMaster® are reliable, durable and powerful designed specifically for your needs.
- Battery Backup powers up even when the power is down so you can get in your garage
- Safeguards your household with every click a new code is sent so that the door opens only for you
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So, yeah...... great.
HOWEVER, there are plenty of other products that are also quiet, smooth and easy to assemble and that cost much less than this one. For me, the hook was that this unit had the "MyQ" feature, which allowed it to be used with smartphones and tablets (a handy feature for my personal lifestyle), and it had very good "universal" compatibility with other openers, such as the "Car2U" systems found in newer cars.
But not so fast.
It wasn't until I bought and installed the unit that I found that it will not work with Car2U (in my 2013 Ford) unless I purchase an additional repeater to make it work. That's the first part I'd need. So tack on $45 or so, with the shipping.
Additionally, the MyQ feature will not work without a separate purchase of a gateway to seam the compatibility with your home router. There's another $50, plus the repeater, on top of the $238 I paid for the opener itself.
And I'd probably be okay with these things if:
1) it were clear on the packaging or in the documentation that these things are needed to make the unit work like it is supposed to (it's nowhere to be found on the box or in the documentation- it just repeatedly refers the user to your vehicle's user manual) and
2) if the "customer service" people weren't so useless in helping resolve issues I was having. I never really got a straight answer from them. Everything I learned about Car2U incompatibility and the MyQ gateway issues- I had to learn from trial and error and researching various internet message boards. Chamberlain's website was virtually worthless to this end.Read more ›
Also, the Internet feature (computer/phone) connection is free for the 1st year ( so new they do not yet have a fee) and about a month before end of the 1st year they contact you to see if you wish to continue.
The best features, IMHO:
TTC - can set this up so the door will close automatically after a set time (1 - 99 mins) hands full just walk into home
Lockdown - can set so no opener can open (only home unit inside) for vacations, etc
Autolights - when you walk into garage lights come on
Battery - If power goes out unit still works
Internet - can check-open-close worldwide on computer and/or smart phone/Tablet (I use Android)
Super quiet, outside pad, and many other small items (mine came with the new door - Costco)
Both of these openers are very quiet, have the soft close and open and work flawlessly. These are both clearly quality openers, which I expected. What blew me away was the features. Once setup I can view the status, or open and close from my smart phone. The app not only shows if the door is open or closed, but how long it has been in that state. I can see approximately when my son came home, by the how long the door has been closed. I can also easily setup a temporary code for the outside keypad that works for a specified number of hours or a specified number of uses. In other words, if you want to let someone in your garage one time to pick up, say a mower. You can program a temporary code for one use. That code will not work a second time. Or if you have someone staying with you for a weekend, you can setup a code that works for 48 hours.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't buy this product. I bought it, had it installed by a LiftMaster Tech. It failed within 3 years. A LiftMaster Tech said some non-repairable parts failed. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Stan
I have had this opener for 2.5 years and for the second time all remotes stopped working at the same time. Both times the board had to be replaced. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Karen
I purchased this unit from a local dealer and they installed it. It is very quite, but it cannot be connected to the internet as advertised without spending another $75 for a... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Barbara Vadas
This is not a HP opener - it a DC MOTOR (BETTER)
DC power is measured in Newtons rather than horsepower. Read more
We replaced our old GeniePro with the Liftmaster 8355 two weeks ago. The installer also installed the 828 LM Program on our computer allowing us to remotely open and close the... Read morePublished 7 months ago by James D. Vogt
EDIT 9/10/15 Replaced the LED bulb with a halogen bulb, and have had no problems with the remotes since. I updated my review to 4 stars. Read morePublished 11 months ago by B. Wright