Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "828LM LiftMaster Internet Gateway" and save 75% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
828LM LiftMaster Internet Gateway
|Price:||$46.50 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Allows you to open and close the garage door or gate from anywhere and control home lighting with a smartphone, tablet or computer.Easily connects to the home router
- Works only with LiftMaster MyQ-Enabled Garage Door Openers (with MyQ logo and yellow learn button) and Gate Operators and MyQ Accessories: LiftMaster 8500,8550,8557,8587,8355,8360 Garage Door Opener ; LiftMaster CSW24V,CSL24V,LA500 Gate Operators ; LiftMaster 888LM MyQ Control Panel LiftMaster 823LM Remote Light Switch LiftMaster 825LM Remote Light
- Controls up to 16 MyQ-Enabled devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Features MyQ enabled technology for two-way communication, putting freedom and control into the hands of the homeowner Enables homeowner to operate the garage door, gate operator, or turn on/off lights in or around the home using a smartphone or computer, from anywhere in the world Fast and easy installation through in-home router No annual activation fee Compatible only with LiftMaster Security+2.0TM garage door openers (models 8550 and 8360), gate operators (models CSW24V, CSL24V and LA500), and accessories enabled by MyQ technology To reduce the risk of injury to persons - When the LiftMaster Internet Gateway is used with garage door openers, the operator must be installed with sectional doors.
Top Customer Reviews
1. I plugged it into my router with the provided cables. This is straightforward, and you should see lights on both the router and device light up when it's connected - make sure to take a photo of the back of the gateway device because you'll need the serial # later
2. I setup my LiftMaster account online (myliftmaster.com) - use a computer, the mobile app isn't great for creating new accounts
3. Downloaded the app (iOS and Android work nearly identically) and logged into the app with my newly created myliftmaster.com account
4. Created a place in the app and called it "home" - this step requires the S/N on the back of the device
5. Now, it's time to add your garage door to the app, you'll likely need a small ladder to get to the "Learn" button on the garage door opener, you'll need to be ready to press this very soon, so get it ready
6. Click "Manage Places" > Add new device in the app
7. It will ask you if it's a Wifi device - Say NO (this is not a Wifi device)
8. Now press "Learn" on the garage door opener quickly (under 3 minutes from when you added a new device in the app), and the LiftMaster internet gateway will recognize the garage door in "Learn" mode and connect to it - select it and give it a name
9. If you have more than one door opener that you want to program, do steps 6 thru 8 again for the next door opener
The instructions are on page 2 of this file: [...]
But it's very poorly written, and needs screen shots and better instructions to help people get this thing setup. I consider myself extremely familiar with networking devices, and using apps on smart devices - but this one was not very intuitive, and could have been much easier to setup with better instructions.
Chamberlain says you need the Chamberlain CIGBU gateway, but I quickly realized the Chamberlain and Liftmaster gateway devices are identical. I called Chamberlain customer support and, though they were reluctant, I finally proded them into admitting that it was the identical device with a different logo painted on it.
I bought this, hooked it up, and it's been working perfectly with my openers and Android smartphone ever since. And yes, you can hook up multiple openers to one (or multiple) smartphones with a single gateway. I think I read it will handle up to 3.
Note that you can also install either the Chamberlain or the LIftmaster app from the appstore on your smartphone... it doesn't matter which. They are the same system with two different logos on it and either will work with either openers and either gateway.