Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,244 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,337 reviews
on December 19, 2016
This product made it sound like the color of your learn/smart button is enough to go on when buying a garage door remote.
In reality it has to do with age.
My liftmaster garage door is from 93, thus it is too old for this remote, even though it has a purple button just like it says.
I instead bought a Chamberlain Universal 2-button garage door remote and it works perfectly.
I dont normally give a 1 star review for something that is partly my fault, but i feel like this products description was intentionally misleading.
And when i went to return this product, virtually unused, the seller (365 garage door parts) forced me to pay to ship it back ($4.50) and a restock fee (about 6 dollars)
All in all be careful guys, do your research, and if you can, dont buy from a seller that charges you all kinds of things just to set this back in their warehouse.
Cheers!
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2016
I purchased this item because it was a lift master remote control and I own a lift master garage door opener. When I could not sync it I turne to the directions and found I had the wrong opener. There was never any indication that I needed a certain color coded key to sync it. The ad mentioned only that the model # matched my door opener. When I attempted to return it. I received the ra # and an email which indicated i would have to pay $5.00 for shipping and a 15% restocking fee I figured oh well my loss. When I went to UPS to send it back it was $10.95 to ship it back. That would have been more than I paid for the remote. No thanks. Poor customer service
on April 28, 2014
This remote was compatible with my garage door opener. Unfortunatly my garage door opener was installed facing a beam in my garage. To reprogram my garage door opener with this (or any remote) i had to saw out some drywall and get a mirror to see the light flash for programming. The direction for this remote are fine but if you have an opener that is (by nessesity) installed against a beam I suggest looking on you-tube for tutorials and then figuring out a way to see the programming light. You can do it yourself! just may take some figuring out. At first i thought the person who installed my garage door opener did it backwards but he has serviced it recently and we talked, he told me that it was the design of my garage and the beam across the ceiling was the culprit. For most garage door openers this remote will be a walk in the park. just not mine. but i did figure it out and succefully did it myself.
on May 10, 2017
Exactly what we needed. Very easy to program and worked the first time!
We even received an email before the package arrived helping to confirm that this was the correct remote for our garage door opener. Excellent customer service!
on August 20, 2017
Bought this to add a third garage door opener remote to our house for my mother-in-law who watches our son during the week. It has been a life-saver for easy access in/out of the garage, especially during cold or rainy weather.

It was a breeze to sync and we have not had any issues with it since purchasing.
on September 4, 2017
This remote worked perfectly for me and was a snap to set up.
Be certain you get a remote that is compatible with your garage door opener. Not every remote works with every opener, even iff they are the same brand. There is an extensive table on the Liftmaster website that shows which ones are compatible, and the features of each.
on May 2, 2016
Bought two remote control because they look very much like the old one I am presently using. The old one works well, but it is getting beaten up. Programming of the two new ones, following the simple instructions provided with the product, did not work. My garage door opener is a Lift-Master "The Professional Line" 1/3 H.P. Model 1250 (Manufactured 03/93).
on August 23, 2016
Worked like a charm. My old one stopped working. I saw that it only had a few components so I could try replacing them, but at this price, why not just purchase a new one? Programming was simple. I pushed the purple program button on the opener itself using a broom handle, so I didn't even have to get on a ladder. Then i pushed the remote's button and voila!

My spouse's remote still worked after the new one was programmed. I have seen a few conflicting reviews about whether the old ones still worked after the new one was programmed. No problems here.

If your opener has a purple wire antenna hanging from it and the purple program button, you will have no problems with this remote.
on April 6, 2017
Needed a spare to take with me when I walked the pups around the block. This is perfect and I don't have to remove the one from the car each time. Works great and so easy to program. The price was half of what I would pay at a store.
on June 1, 2017
It works exactly as advertised. I wanted a second garage door opener and this one works perfectly. I was easily able to pair it following the simple instructions. I was worked it might mess with the one I already had but it didn't and they both work great.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone and would buy another.