Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,026 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,075 reviews
on January 13, 2013
Our Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener ('95 model) acted up whenever it got cold and had been progressively getting worst. After researching the problem (spring tension, up/down force setting, alignment of sensors) it was finally determined that the sensors themselves had become defective.

This is due to the cold weather affecting the capacitor in the sensor. Each sensor has a capacitor on its printed circuit board. Each circuit board has two electrolytic capacitors. One is 470uf at 16 volts. The other is 1uf at 50 volts. The cold increases conductivity and reduces the resistance of the insulation material in the capacitor. Age of the insulation material also degrades. This in turn impacts the completion of the circuit being created by the electronic sensor eyes at the garage door opener itself. (yes, too much info here but I wracked my brains out trying to figure out the WHY instead of just replacing the sensors)

The replacement sensors are a perfect fit and are identical in all dimensions to the OEM Craftsman sensors. We were able to use existing hardware, including the sensor mounting brackets and even the wing nut and bolt. Installation merely required removing the wing nut to take the old sensors off each bracket. One hint - don't remove the adapter-plug that slides onto the old sensor. All you have to do is strip about 1/4" of the new sensor's wire and insert it into the plug; Wrap with electrical tape to hold in place. Replace the wing nut/bolt and you're back in business!
2727 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These safety sensors appear to be the same as the originals they were replacing, they work with my 1996 vintage LiftMaster garage door opener, and the product arrived ahead of the promised date. However, they do not come with the mounting hardware shown in the product pictures. This model of sensor mounts with a hex bolt that passes directly through the middle of the sensor and tightens with a wing nut. The product picture shows the hardware in a plastic bag along with the sensors. I ordered two sets of sensors, and neither box included the mounting hardware. If you're buying these as a replacement, and you keep the mounting hardware from your old sensors, you'll be fine; otherwise, you'll have to make another trip to the hardware store. The sensors work fine, but if the product description shows mounting hardware as included, the mounting hardware should be included. The vendor needs to update their product description or work with their supplier.
on March 16, 2008
My garage door sensors, after several years, have failed to work properly. I asked for a repair quote and was told it would cost more than $80 to repair and that was if they ran into no complications. I decided the proposed charges were excessive and chose to change out the sensors myself.

To install, cut the wires from the old sensors and remove from their mount. Save the mounting bolts as none are included with the safety beam sensor kit. Splice the wires and connect to the new sensors using the supplied crimp connectors. Align the sensors using the alignment indicator lights. Then throw away the old sensors.

For me purchasing this lit and spending about 15 minutes in the garage is well worth the savings. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, perhaps this kit is for you too.

PRO:
Simple to install
They work like the originals

CON:
Mounting bolts not included
I bought these to repair my parents Craftsman Brand overhead door opener which are at least 15 years old.

You get the sender and receiver eyes with about 3 feet of wire on each one.They include what I call Scotch locks to connect to the existing wire and seal the connection. Just insert the wire and use pliers to crimp the two together. The Scotch locks have a gel that seals the connection.

These worked great, the eye sensors are easy to line up. You get a green light on each sensor when they are aligned correctly.

The do not come with mounting bolts or wing nuts so make sure and save the ones you are replacing. If you using these on an old opener you might want to check the chain tension while your working on the opener.

Jamie @ R3
on January 13, 2016
Ordered these sensors to replace some old sensors that were preventing me from being able to close the garage door. The sensors arrived as promised and were packaged very well. The included instructions were also very clear. Installing the new sensors took me less than 20 minutes and consisted of unplugging the garage door opener, splitting the insulation to separate the white and white/black wires, stripping the ends of both the new wires and old wires, connecting the old and new wires using the supplied crimps, fastening the sensors to the holding bracket using the pre-existing screws (which fit the new sensors perfectly), and plugging in the garage door opener. Once power was back to the garage door opener, I saw that both sensor lights were Green, so I knew the alignment was good. I also tested the auto-open safety feature, which worked perfectly. It was definitely worth the $25 cost to buy these sensors, although the opener itself is about 20 years old and probably on its last legs anyway.
on February 2, 2016
Reviewer R.L. seems to be the only person in the world who understands the problem of garage-door sensors not operating in cold weather. It keeps the door from closing, but everything else works fine. That was my problem with my older LiftMaster opener. In Florida's mild climate it was baffling, because one day the door wouldn't close and the next day it would. I tried to explain this to garage-door repairmen and they were clueless. No mention of this problem on garage-door repair websites nor in the product literature. But Google it and you'll find tons of homeowners with the same problem. Finally a Google search turned up R.L.'s review on Amazon. Bingo! So I quickly ordered these sensors. The third-party vendor, 365 Garage Door Parts, shipped them in a half-hour, and they arrived in two days. I popped them in today and the little green lights are glowing like champs. Such an easy fix! Thanks to Amazon, R.L. and 365.
on July 28, 2015
They are a perfect replacement and easy to install with easy-attach connectors. My original sensors (Craftsman Garage Door) had "slip-on" wire connectors that slid onto two thin and small lines. Those old ones were always coming loose from the vibration of the door lifting and not connecting well--seemed to always happen when I needed to get to work or in the dead of winter! These replacements are hard-wired into the housing and can't disconnect. You splice them into your existing line paying attention to which one is the receiver beam (clearly marked). They are identical in shape and fit the original brackets easily. The connectors are easy crimp and come with water-repelling lubricant in them. Unplug the door opener, position the eyes on their brackets, cut the line (give some slack to allow for easy adjustment of the eyes and removal if needed), then crimp on the new ones. I've not had the dreaded blinking door opener light since and the doors work all the time.
on May 3, 2016
I'll actually give this 6 stars. Thanks to the included wire connectors that don't even require the wire to be stripped, I think it took 5 minutes to install these. Ordered on a Friday night and arrived by noon on Tuesday. What more can you ask for?

I will make a suggestion when you troubleshoot the problem before ordering. The sending eye had a constant green light, so presumed good. The receiving eye green light would flicker when I'd plug the connector in. Ones I had were not hard-wired like the new ones. At any rate, thought maybe I had a connector problem. An easy check is to simply swap them around. Receiver was steady green no mater what side it was on, but sender had the flickering no matter what side it was on.

Very pleased.
on December 10, 2015
Product was an exact replacement for an old Chamberlin garage door opener that refuses to close because the safety sensors had gone bad. I did learn that if you need to temporarily force the garage door close, you can hold down your hard wire switch until it is completely closed. The replacement was easy with the kit provided. Took me 10 minutes to change them out without having to splice any wires.
on February 4, 2017
My garage door opener was a Liftmaster, 1/3 hp, Model HBW0777 manufactured 11/1993. The sensors I needed had a part number of 41A4252-7A, but I could find no actual replacement for that part number. In desperation I ordered the 41A4373A hoping they would work. They DID. My 'old' garage door opener is now working like new.