Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick

• Customer Reviews

on March 7, 2012
The shampoo soap works very well for me, see its reviews for how it works. Here I'll talk about the travel container. I do like the simple plastic "bar base"; it works really well to keep the bar from getting dinged up. The plastic case is another story though. It lets the soap dry between uses which does extend the life of the product. Unfortunately the case also traps water inside so that when it's packed away in your bag it will drop soapy, slimy water all over. Seems to me like they could have combined the two large air holes with a design that would let the case completely drain out when hung by its hook. I'd recommend buying the soap by itself and trying a cheap travel container from a local store.
40 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 27, 2016
I absolutely love J.R. Liggett's Bar Shampoos. All of them I have tried so far work for me and although they "don't moisturize my hair like conditioner", well they are shampoo and they don't dry my hair out like shampoo either. I am African-American with curly-frizzy hair and I use these bars ONLY to wash my hair. They are truly a godsend. They clean my hair phenomenally well and the travel case I ordered is perfect for taking them back and forth for use at the gym and for travel. They last quite a while and I have really long hair (Mid-back to waist length and thick too), but I only wash my hair twice a week. As long as you take them out of the shower and put them back in this nifty little case as soon as you're done they will last what seems like forever. The key is to not overdo it when washing your hair with the bar, a little goes a long way (lathers really well), and wash thoroughly to remove all the shampoo. Give it a try, it's certainly better than all the chemical shampoos out there with Lord knows what you're putting on your scalp.
4 people found this helpful
on June 29, 2016
I recently combined a trip to Finland for a conference with a bit of backpacking for my summer vacation (might as well make the most of the plane ride!) and spent the whole time staying at hostels. On my last trip I broke my soap container so I was looking for a new one and stumbled on this. The case is, in my opinion, worth the money regardless of if you like the JR Liggett shampoo/soap. It is sturdy and well-designed, with a carabiner that you can easily clip to your backpack so that the bar will be able to dry. The clever concept of providing a small piece of plastic to "stick" to the bottom of your soap bar also worked great. When you are in the shower, the plastic piece keeps your soap from getting any gunk on it, and when you put it back in the case, it provides circulation so the soap can dry without dripping all over your stuff.

The soap itself was a pleasant surprise. I prefer to use shampoo bars when I travel to avoid TSA issues, and have been using the Lush shampoo bars for the last couple of years. But those are pricey, so I'm always looking for an alternative. The JR Liggett's bar has a very pleasant, light scent and creates a good amount of suds (it took me some practice to make it work, but I find that if I rub it vigorously against my wet hair for a few seconds, it generates enough product). The first couple days, my hair did feel a bit greasier to me, which I understand is a common result since this is not stripping the oils from your hair. After my hair acclimated, I actually thought my hair was shinier and more cooperative than usual, and I did not feel like I needed conditioner. I also used the bar as my body wash to avoid carrying too much, and it worked great for that application as well. It did not dry out my skin but it got me clean.

I recommend this product and will buy more of the soap when I run out.
5 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2014
I've been using JR Liggett shampoo bars for the last year, and in that time I have had to make several trips away from home. I love this travel case, as it allows the bar to dry out between uses so that it doesn't melt away or get sticky. The travel case is designed so that the bar won't stick to the sides, which is fantastic. So much better than using a typical plastic soap bar case or - even worse - a plastic sandwich bag. If, like me, you're one who prefers not to check a bag, then this is the perfect solution because you don't have to mess with the liquids and clear baggie thing for security. I really like how the bead at the top slides down to keep it secure. No worrying that your bar will come sliding out and make a mess. This travel case has become a standard part of my toiletry case.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
A friend of mine uses this soap/shampoo whenever she goes travelling. I thought I would give it a try, since I would be away in a training session for two weeks. I was very happy with the results. I did not have to carry around a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of body wash. I used the same product, conveniently packaged, in a bar of soap in a handy carrying case. The soap did well on both my hair and my skin. It had a slight rose aroma, but it was not offensive or cloying. I am saving it for my next trip, and I will buy it again. One cautionary note: the soap is very soft, so keep it safe in the case.
2 people found this helpful
on June 26, 2014
You wouldn't think a bar "soap" would be a shampoo, but this is the best shampoo I've ever used, its wonderful. Hair is soft but has body. I have thin fine hair and have spent a fortune on shampoos, etc and nothing has ever done as much from my hair.
12 people found this helpful
on October 13, 2012
I LOVE this shampoo. I have just been transitioning between shampoo and baking soda when i remembered i bought this shampoo bar for travel. I love it because it cleans my hair without stripping it of all of its lovely body. It burns like the dickens if you get it in your eye (i should stop doing that...) but overall, it's incredible!

I'm also a sucker for clever travel gadgets. I like the theory of this case. It's designed well, and it's sturdy. It's just too big. And too big = deal breaker for a person who travels with only a day pack and a laptop bag.
10 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This case is good for storing your JR Liggett shampoo bar. It keeps the bar from shrinking and getting gooey. There is a plastic piece on the bottom to keep the soap in place and makes it easy to take the soap out. The opening could have been a little wider for getting the soap out and the plastic piece at the bottom might take a little getting used to when using the soap with it. Overall, it is good for keep in the shower or traveling. You don't get to choose the color, but I'm really glad they sent me the black one.

The shampoo is all natural and left my hair soft.
10 people found this helpful
on July 26, 2016
The shampoo worked great as a shower soap and shampoo on a recent trip on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. The case lets the soap dry out well between uses, but seems much larger than necessary. When packing for a lengthy trip, the excess size was not appreciated. We did keep the soap in its case enclosed in a plastic bag. If I had it to do over, again, I would readily buy the Bar Shampoo, but would find a different case.
One person found this helpful
on May 18, 2016
This was my first foray into bar shampoos. I wanted something I could take in my pack with me overseas without having to worry about spillage. Some things that I could only get in liquid form did end up leaking in transit, but at least this item remained intact. It can be used as body soap as well as shampoo. It says it's conditioning, which I suppose it is, but it did leave my hair feeling a bit waxy. That and the fact that it was sometimes difficult to get back in the case, causing it to not always fully drain which wasted the bar, are the reasons I gave four instead of five stars.
One person found this helpful