To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Light As a Feather, Stiff As a Board: Weeping Willow High School Book 1 Paperback – April 22, 2013
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
"Light as a Feather" is a fairly typical YA romance/paranormal story that will appeal to those who enjoy the genres. You have the hot guy and the mysterious bad boy next door, ghosts and Ouija boards, and the inevitable deaths of several annoying high school girls that, somehow, you come to (almost) love. Then you have Aarsen's snide little remarks about Midwestern living tucked into every nook and cranny--it's both accurate and hilarious. She also has a way of dragging a ghosty scene on until your skin crawls delightfully!
There's a lot about this story that's cliche. The ending leaves you hanging, gasping for the next book (which is, as of this posting, still being written). Personally, I enjoyed the way that Aarsen handled both of these things--it's a fun, easy read that'll make your insides squirmy as you wonder what exactly caused that "bump in the night."
I definitely believe, if you like scary campfire stories, to give this one a shot. You won't be disappointed.
1. Very well-written with almost no errors. Seemed more like a professionally written book.
2. Very suspenseful. Kept my interest to the point that I didn't want to stop reading, even to make dinner.
3. Yes, it's YA, but it's maturely written, so that us older folks can enjoy it, too. ;)
4. I love paranormal fiction, and this book definitely delivers in that department. It's nice to read a book in this category that doesn't end up being a book about vampires or werewolves. Seriously, that topic is PLAYED, in my opinion. This book really does have moments where McKenna is haunted by spirits.
5. Made me remember my childhood, when my friends and I played that game. And yes, we actually lifted our friend with our fingertips! She didn't die, though. At least, I hope she didn't.
Now, for the one downside: it IS a cliffhanger. And to my knowledge, there is no sequel out yet, which really bums me out. But when it is released, I'll definitely be downloading it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a wickedly good Book. I was stuck in the book til the ending. So well written, I felt that as I read, I became one with the characters, their fear, sometimes so palpable that... Read morePublished 3 days ago by K. S. Rodriguez
Not your typical teenage story. Spirits, Ouija boards, predicted deaths! Can McKenna & Trey solve the mystery before another person dies? Good, clean read.Published 5 months ago by walker
There's not much to say that hasn't alread been said- this story is as well written as it is exciting. All the books in this trilogy are free on the webite/app Wattpad. Read morePublished 6 months ago by PING WANG
It kept me interested through the whole book wondering what would happen nextPublished 6 months ago by Bev
best book I've read in a while. Just hope the next book will be out soon.Published 12 months ago by Teresa M. Mechler
I really enjoyed this book! It was definitely freaky. I use to play this game when I was younger. I am kind of disappointed in the ending.Published 16 months ago by Jessica