BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 21, 2014
I am very surprised by this album, after having enjoyed all of Jackie Greene's previous works and having seen him since he was a virtual unknown outside of Sacramento and the Bay Area. I do wonder what his state of mind was when putting this album together, as it lacks the creativity and freshness which he brought to his earlier music. I wonder if he just wanted to put out a record and didn't have much going in the area of creative juices. And who produced this? It is way too forgetable to be rated more than 3-stars and I gave it 2-stars because had it not been Jackie Greene's music, I never would have purchased it without having heard it first. I shouldn't have to "work" in order to like an album and this one will take work.
on December 25, 2014
These songs are pretty good, but it captures about a fourth of what this guy does live. I got the record after seeing him live on this tour and was left wanting more of the range he had in concert.
on October 21, 2016
love his music
on September 19, 2015
A very entertaining singer/songwriter and a very good musician! Try to see Jackie Greene in person!
on May 10, 2016
good stuff
on July 20, 2015
Great!
on May 3, 2011
Til the Light Comes by Jackie Green is just alright. It has a much softer sound than any of his earlier albums, which are all fantastic.
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2010
I have loved listening and seeing Jackie Greene for the past few years and am always excited when a new album is to be released. I may not be from California but with an ear and an imagination one can hear several of these songs being played on a sun licked beach while people dance and enjoy one another. Some songs, in my humble view, have a harkening back to older times dare I say early sixties. Others share deep stories within there short tracks.
Strong lyrics, perfect guitar riffs, and just plain good music make this CD, for anyone who likes good music, a must have.
on July 2, 2010
I am having difficulty with this compilation. Songs feel so mainstream for the most part. Maybe it is just that I have seen Jackie perform at least 6 times with his band; and many, many times with other groups. I was expecting something more roots like, maybe with more edge. I do prefer his earlier works Gone Wanderin' and American Myth especially. Maybe the songs will work better for me when performed live; I have seen him perform some of these through webcast and acoustic where I enjoyed them more. For what it is worth I really dig Jackie as a performer and songwriter, and really appreciate so many of his tunes. Maybe I need to stop listening to live music.... I recommend that you purchase this to support Jackie as an artist; and maybe comment on what you think on his Facebook page.
on October 14, 2010
If your familiar with Tim Bluhm or owned say Back to the Grotto and know a bit of the history, you might be a little bummed. Or maybe not.

I hear too much of Tim coming through on this album. If your not familiar with the Hips, you'll have a nice little introduction here. It's not the lyrics, but the structure and how it's all presented.

Why three stars? The repetitive choruses wanted me to throw the disk out the window while I was sitting in traffic and thinking how Tim and Jackie made a perfect disc for Central California.

After listening to this for a while now. I dig it. Five Stars. Plus, just saw him live and the songs come alive.