BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on September 12, 2013
I wanted something to help me direct light. This did the trick but the heat of the bulb melted the edges, which makes me worry about a possible fire. I don't trust it and will be removing it.
on October 28, 2013
This is not 20cm -- the extension itself is only 12cm not 20cm -- the entire length is 16cm so no matter how you calculate it's not 20cm. Also, as expected it's very cheap -- which I was expecting -- but it does melt with 60w bulbs on a dimmer switch. I will be replacing these with something hopefully closer to 20cm.
on June 21, 2016
I own a an older (Craftsman 1999) garage door opener which takes the old type of halogen light bulbs. Finding them, when the market is flooded by the new spiral CFL bulbs, is becoming difficult. The reason I mention this is that the socket for the light bulbs in the garage opener is shallow .. the new light bulbs will not fit. Enter this handy dandy extension. It fits perfectly. And works great. Now I can use any kind of light bulb I want. I cant speak for longevity since it just arrived yesterday, but so far so good. I dislike the loooooong shipping time but cant fault the product or the seller for this since it was mentioned as part of the listing.
on September 5, 2015
I wasn't really happy with my recessed flood light because it wasn't able to fill the whole room with the proper lighting. I used this adapter to extend the light socket alongside with a couple of splitters and I was able to replace the flood halogen bulb with 4 CFL bulbs. With the ratings of 23 WATT for each bulbs and 5000K light ratings, I was much happier with the white daylight color filling up the whole room.
review image
on November 13, 2012
This [product proved to be exactly the solution I need to a very vexing problem. A flood light installed on the wall of dark steep stairway was directly in the eyes of the person descending the steps. This gooseneck allowed me to adjust the light so that it was on the steps not in the eyes.
on October 26, 2012
I went browsing for a gooseneck extension for standard-base light bulbs, and found these on Amazon. I want to use them in a ceiling fan's light fixture, to be able to replace standard incandescents with LED spots for lighting some artwork on the wall. We're still looking for the right LED bulbs for this, but with more and more LED lights arriving on the market almost weekly, I'm sure we'll eventually succeed. These extenders seem sturdy enough to hold an LED bulb without gravity letting them droop. But only time will tell. So far, I like these adapter/extenders.
on August 2, 2013
I needed an extender to bring some antique bulbs out of recessed fixtures and these did the trick for me.
review image
on June 28, 2015
I use this in conjunction with a two sockets splitter (E27 to E27 Light Lamp Bulb Socket Y Shape 2 Splitter Convertor) in my garage door opener because I wanted more light when the door opened. This allowed me to hang the splitter with 2 LED bulbs just below the garage door opener where I would get more even light. The device supports the splitter and 2 bulbs without a problem.

The device is functional. Although I wouldn’t call it heavy duty it is doing the job. Keep in mind I’m using LED bulbs so the current is very low.

I would definitely use this again for LEDs or CFLs. Not sure about standard bulbs.
I gave it 4 starts because although its functional it is lightweight. For the price it does the job and I am happy with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2017
Complete piece of junk broke second day unscrewing a light bulb because inner sockey is glued
This kind of crap is way china has a bad reputation
on September 1, 2013
Nice product if you need to extend a bulb socket. The flexible feature is very nice. However mine fell apart before I was able to even use it. The end where the bulb screws in came apart. Cheap poor quality.