Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Light UP LED Glasses (Red,Green and Blue LEDs)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 26, 2011
These glasses will make you the center of attention. Every guy will want to be you, and every girl will want to BE with you. That's how awesome they are; however, there are downsides which makes this a gamble for a night party.

Pros:

1) Really cool looking glasses.
2) Several different settings (I believe three or four) that sets the speed of the strobes.
3) All the girls will want to see them.

Cons:

1) CHEAP plastic. I don't care where you get them from, but I went through a few of these.
2) Battery dies sooner than you'll realize.
3) The frames break easily because of the plastic. I dropped these from about a height of 4 ft, and the LED stopped working. And the second pair that I received, the frames just broke and I didn't even drop them.

Overall, get them for just one night. And be the envy of all your friends.
on December 5, 2011
The glasses I received worked but had a small crack, which the seller replaced with a brand new pair. The glasses have three separate settings (solid lighting, fast blinking, slower blinking, and work exactly as described.

It is near impossible to see in the dark when they are fast blinking because your eyes are trying to adapt to both dark and light, but on the slower blinking/continuous light modes it is easier. On the plus side, they were still noticeable even in rooms that were regularly lit.

I wore mine on and off throughout the night because it was a little to annoying to where them all night long. I dont blame the glasses for that, though, because that is just how they work.

Get them if you want something that is exactly like the description.
on June 1, 2013
It appears that the horizontal slits glow in the pictures, but these are really just the same LED configuration as others except with a clear frame with colored LEDs. The LEDs mostly illuminate the outter frame. They have 6 LEDs around the outside of the frames in front. Only 5 of the 6 LEDs are working on mine.

The frames appear more durable than I expected. These fit me (adult) as well as my kids. My son wears glasses, and these fit over top of them easily. It appears that battery replacement may be possible with some disassembly - I wish there was a small door to get at the batteries so I didn't have to unscrew the back of the frames to get at the batteries. My intention was to wear these at night as part of a Halloween costume, but the bulbs placed so close to the eyes cause reduced visibility.
on January 29, 2014
There are ACTUAL "SHUTTER SHADES" that have lights in the actual shutters, and then there is the generic rip off that only has lights around the rims!!!
I had to get a refund for this bc/ the seller was not the original and they mistaken sent me the generic ones because they didn't even know the difference!
on October 1, 2011
These shutter shades don't look the way I had expected them to but for the purpose of clubbing they get the job done. If you want to see where you are going do not wear these! They are difficult to see out of. The light patterns are very fun and vibrant! My boyfriend and I took these to Skrillex and were a pretty big hit with them on. :)
on September 7, 2012
I bought this bulk pack of LED shutter shades glasses for my sister's wedding. My cousins and I were doing a set piece dance and the glasses were the icing. In my order, the shades were the white variation and not the see-thru ones. These were the style I wanted, but there wasn't an option to select it. Of course, since that's what I wanted, it worked out.

The glasses have three settings in the way the LED lights strobe, in the colors red, green and blue. All the settings serve their function and they look great, in person and in pictures. The only thing is, as one could probably guess, it's near impossible to see out of these shades when you're in a dark environment and the lights are switched on. It makes for some, let's call them awkward, bumps with other people on the dance floor. But the shades serve their purpose and people will be taking pictures in them throughout the night.
on December 28, 2011
These glasses are super cheap. As soon as I put them on for the first time the arm that goes over my ear broke off from the glasses making them unwearable. Save your money and don't purchase these glasses. They are very cheaply made. Even if they weren't broken I noticed that they would have a terrible time staying on my nose. They are also very bulky for glasses and not really as cool looking as shown in the picture.
on December 13, 2013
These glasses for one ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE PHOTO. I was iffy about ordering from this company after reading the multiple negative reviews, but you pay for what you get. I took a change and it is true along with the other customers, you do not get the glasses in the picture. It's just shutter glasses with a single light on each 4 corners and that's it. IT ALSO DID NOT LAST. I wore it for maybe a 30 min and when I turned it on again the only lights that worked were the bottom two which just stayed red. If you want cool classes that last longer, I suggest you get a different pair, my bestfriend spend $10 total for hers and then lit up all over and lasted all night

Pro: cheap

Con: THEY DON'T LAST,
PICTURE IS FAKE, YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU SEE
Only 4 lights total, one for each corner of the glasses
on August 18, 2011
I love how they look, they have three or four light settings, and it's really nice!
but the first second I put them on,one of the temples broke off.
so be very careful when using them.
on December 19, 2012
I bought these from another seller originally, but the other seller sent me a different product the next time I ordered from them. So, obviously, I'm not giving that seller my business anymore.

Anyway, like everyone else says, yes, these are cheap pieces of plastic. That's why I buy them in bunches - so if they break, I have backups on hand.

As for dropping them and having them stop working... most of the time THIS CAN BE FIXED.

It's possible that if you drop them and they stopped working that you busted up some of the electronics in there. But usually all that happens is the batteries get slightly dislodged and are no longer making solid contact with the... uh, contacts.

The batteries are located in the bridge between the "lenses". You can see that the batteries are held in a sort of metal cradle that is closed on 3 sides but open on the fourth. This open end is facing the top of the glasses. So if you drop them and they stop working, try holding the glasses right-side up in your hand and gently but firmly bang the bottoms of them against your other palm. This usually serves to knock the batteries securely back into the cradle and the glasses will light up again.

Also, yes they are very difficult to see through but man do they make you look cool!

Enjoy!