Wemo Light Switch, Wi-Fi enabled, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Wemo Light Switch seamlessly replaces your old wall light switch. Control you lights from Wemo Light Switch on the wall, the Wemo app, and even your voice with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Set schedules and timers. Set porch light to turn on at sunset. Schedule ceiling fans to turn before you arrive home. Sync on and off times to sunrise and sunset, and more.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Pair Wemo Light Switch with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant built-in devices like Google Home to turn your lights on or off with just the power of your voice.
- Randomize Lights to Protect Your Home. Enable ‘Away Mode' when you’re away and Wemo will turn lights on and off randomly. Electrical Ration: 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W.
- Works with Nest to detect when you’re home or away. Use Nest compatibility to turn a ceiling fan off when the house is empty, or have your lights switch on when you come home.
- NOTE: works with any one-way connection light switch (not compatible with 3-way) and requires a neutral wire.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Add Alexa for voice control
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Remote control lights
- Set schedules/timers
- Away Mode
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Works with Google Assistant
- Works with Nest and IFTTT
Wemo Wi-Fi Light Switch
The Wemo Wi-Fi Light Switch uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of your lights from anywhere in the world. No subscription or hub is required: simply install the light switch and start controlling your lights from your phone or tablet. Using the free Wemo app, you can switch your lights on and off and set worry-free schedules no matter where you are. The Wemo Light Switch also functions like a normal switch: simply press the switch to toggle your lights on or off.
What's in the Box:
- Wemo Light Switch
- Face plate
- 4 wire nuts
- Quick installation guide
Control Your Lights from Anywhere
From outdoor lighting fixtures to ceiling fans to lamps, Wemo Light Switch allows you to remotely control nearly anything that a traditional light switch can from your phone or tablet whenever you want, wherever you are.
Set Worry-Free Schedules for Lights
With Wemo Light Switch, you can set worry-free schedules for your lights. Using the free Wemo app, you can schedule a lamp to turn on at sunset, or keep your house comfortable by scheduling a fan to turn on before you arrive.
Randomize Lights to Protect Home
Using Wemo Light Switch’s 'Away Mode,' you can create the illusion that you’re home even when you’re away. 'Away Mode' turns lights on and off in a random pattern.
Hands-Free Voice Control
When paired with an Amazon Alexa or a Google Assistant device, Wemo Light Switch gives you hands-free voice control over your home. Turn your lights, ceiling fans, or an entire room on or off using just your voice.
Compatible with Nest
Wemo Light Switch pairs with Nest to offer a range of automatic control options. Nest detects when you're home or away and syncs with Wemo Light Switch. Use Nest compatibility to turn a ceiling fan off when the house is empty, or have your lights switch on when you come back home.
Add More Features with IFTTT
'If This, Then That' is a free web-based service that lets you do amazing things with your Wemo. Turn lamps, fans, and other electronics on before you get home or off when you leave. With IFTTT, Wemo Light Switch can even flash the lights when your favorite team scores a goal.
|Mini||Insight Switch||Light Switch||Dimmer|
|Control from Anywhere||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with Voice||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Control In-Wall Lights/Fans||-||-||On/Off||Dimmable|
|No Hub Required||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch by TP-Link - Control Lighting from Anywhere, Easy In-Wall Installation (Single-Pole Only), No Hub Required, Works With Alexa and Google Assistant (HS200)
Wemo Light Switch 2-pack, Wi-Fi Enabled, Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Smart Light Switch - No Hub Required - Control Lights from Phone via Wi-Fi, has Timer Function, Control Your Fixtures From Anywhere, Works with Alexa Google Home (Wifi Light Switch)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Koozam - Same Day Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3.31 x 5.07 x 2.12 in||3.3 x 1.5 x 5 in||3.31 x 5.07 x 2.12 in||—|
|Size||1-Pack||1 Pack||2 Pack||—|
The Wemo Light Switch allows you to control your home lighting using just your phone, tablet or Voice (when paired with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant). This smart light switch connects to your existing home WiFi network to provide wireless control of your lights – with no subscription or hub required. From porch lights to ceiling fans to recessed lighting, Wemo Light Switch can control nearly anything that a traditional light switch can. Whether you’re unwinding on the couch, working at a coffee shop, or vacationing in the Caribbean, you’ll be able to remotely control your home lighting from anywhere.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Setting this up properly does require some networking knowledge and how to properly implement security. The switches both work on hidden and broadcasted SSID Wifi networks. Half of my switches work on the hidden SSID and the other half are connected to the broadcasted SSID. They do support security password keys, but if you want an extra layer of protection, turn on your router/basestation's MAC address control to enable only recognized and authorized devices access to your wireless network.
I have assigned static IP address to these switches by way of their MAC addresses, to avoid IP conflict when power cycling happens to my router. This is the general rule for all of my stay-at-home devices.
My eleventh switch will be arriving tomorrow. The first switch I bought in 2013 is still working to this day. All switches are still working reliably.
Works perfectly with NEST thermostat, Amazon Echo and IFTTT.
Update Dec 2017
1. The WEMO App first lets you name each switch and then allows you to set up "Rules" for unattended on/off times to a switch or a group of switches. So that a switch or a group of switches will turn on/off at a scheduled time.
2. The Amazon Alexa App allows you to first create intelligent named "Groups" of switches, such as "Exterior Lights", "Interior Lights", "Living Room Lights", so you can use voice control to address them in a meaningful way. "Alexa, turn off Living Room Lights" or "Alexa, turn off All Lights."
3. IFTTT will integrate all the functionality of your smart devices with WEMO and ALEXA (NEST and others too). i.e. The GPS in a smart phone can be used to create an invisible fence that can turn WEMO switches on/off as you pass in/out of its perimeter. My living room lights and exterior lights come on when I'm about half a mile from home. NEST can also sense I'm coming home and start cooling/heating the house. The are thousands of "recipes" ready to use.
With these three Apps together, there are thousands of possibilities to automate your home if you are willing to experiment. These are just some of the ways I use mine.
Update March 2018
1. Recently purchased the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to make the uplights in the kitchen cabinets smart. Set up was easy but I first had to add the switch's MAC address to my basestation before connecting to one of my home's SSIDs.
2. That makes twelve switches and all are active and functioning as you can see.
3. The Wemo App is very laggy, but luckily with voice activation, I rarely launch the app except to take screenshots. I use Alexa's voice recognition instead. The Mac version of the app needs to support higher resolution displays like the Android one does.
So long story short, if you have other WeMo devices in your household, and have trouble getting this WeMo mini to connect, try unplugging as many of the other devices as you can (they will automatically reconnect online after you plug them back in), factory reset the mini, and go through the setup process again. It should hopefully work.
I also attached the image to this review.
It actually answered most of my questions... I had no idea there were wifi reset and power restart buttons on the switch so that info really helped. to factory reset your switch, hold down the two buttons for 5 seconds, then you can add the switch again... that should solve most issues (I hope). did a firmware update as well so hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.
Belkin gets low marks for not including important info and for having a fairly difficult site to navigate for basic answers.