Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on November 28, 2012
This is one of the better USB chargers. This is same as the Mediabridge 3.1 amp USB charger that has a lot of reviews, but this costs less. They both have the same internal parts, I compared both chargers. Charges my S2 fine out the box, I did not do any soldering, S2 screen displays full AC charge. I also use it to charge and keep my Garmin running. I recommend either this or the Mediabridge one. YMMV on the AC charge but I have no problems.

Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help.

EDIT UPDATE 5/30/13: I wanted to update my review for others on a strange condition. I also have a white version of this charger, which works fine, using a Samsung Galaxy S2 on either ports, results in AC Charging. Using my Garmin 2595LMT GPS on both ports, the GPS 1st shows it as connected to PC but shortly after, boots up fine and allows me to properly use it. I also purchased this black version USB charger and that's where I found the strange condition. Again, S2 shows AC Charging on both ports, but the Garmin only works on the 1.0A port, on the 2.1A port, it gets stuck showing it as connected to PC (mass storage mode). I purchased another black one and that 2nd black one works just like my other white one, perfect on all ports. So customers need to be sure and test both ports with all their devices to ensure it works before the return period is up. I will also provide this update on my review of the black version's. I lowered my original rating of 5 stars to 3 stars because of this inconsistent quality. Perhaps it's due to shoddy manufacturing/assembly on the board inside. My suggestion is if you receive one that is not fully working like I encountered, try an exchange, may be just a case like I experienced.
on January 5, 2013
I use the 2A side to charge my iPhone 5 and it charges it well and fast. On a regular charger, if you're on a road trip, using the GPS, checking messages and playing music you will actually deplete your battery. Yes, a 1A charger can't keep up with the heavy usage of a road trip. So this 2A solves that. I arrive with a charged (but very warm) iPhone 5.
on January 29, 2013
I bought this to charge my iPhone and my wife's Nook at the same time. It is bulky, but I wasn't concerned about that. USB connector fits snugly and charges both devices at the same time, in a short time. I have no complaints thus far and will send an update in about 2 weeks. I have had the product 2 weeks thus far with no issues at all.
on September 14, 2013
I purchased 3 of these USB car adaptors. One for my husband, my daughter and myself. It's always nice to have in the car for times my phone seems to be wearing down and I'm no where near an electrical outlet! I like the double USB plug-no more wondering which device needs charging more, I've got two spots!
The price was right! Walmart had one with additional cords, which I don't need more cords, for $20.00. I got THREE car chargers for their one! And mine will charge two devices, theirs only one.
I win all the way around!
on January 11, 2013
I had an issue with my last USB charger, it wasn't charging my phone like I thought it should, couldn't for the life of me figure out why. DUH, voltage! The power output wasn't enough. About a half a watt.

So I ordered this little item in hopes it would fix my issues and it works perfectly. The nice bonus is my Samsung Galaxy S3 will charge on either port just fine. So the other is still available for the kid's gaming device or the wife's phone.

All is well with the world again!

OK, maybe not that great, but it works fine and I am very pleased with it so far.
on November 6, 2016
I've had this for almost 3 years and it still works great. Allows me to charge my phone and run my GPS at the same time. I like how it has two ports and one with the higher amperage. Solid performance and reliability.
on April 3, 2015
This car charger is just what's needed for keeping your items (phone, tablet, etc.) charged on the go. Works great and allows you to charge 2 items at a time. Fast shipping and exactly as described. Would definitely buy again from this seller!
on February 10, 2013
Good fit in the car lighter port.
We have been able to charge 2 iPhone5's simultaneously with this unit.
One phone (in the 1A port) does seem to charge slower (I have to test this properly), but they both seem to get enough power for the iPhone5's to recognize they are plugged in and charging.
The adapter does glow a little red when plugged in, but it is not too bright or overpowering.
on July 12, 2014
Maybe I just got a bad one. It worked for almost 30 days but by the time I was able to get back on Amazon to try and get a replacement it was a couple days past the return date. Had to get Amazon to issue me an RMA# for a return. It did charge both my iPhone and iPad but didn't last very long.
on January 31, 2013
Bought this so I could charge my Nokia Lumia 920 in the car. It eats battery big time when I'm using it as a GPS. Just started using it yesterday. It works great. I like that it has a second USB port so I can charge other devices at the same time.
UPDATE: Two years later, the product still works great and I just bought a second one for another vehicle.