Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2010, 5:44:46 AM PST
T. J. Cullen says:
So this item was supposed to be a lightning deal starting at 7:40 AM, and the item never went on sale as a deal. I called Amazon and they said the deal had already been claimed. I was sitting here refreshing the page every 10 seconds until the deal began, and the deal never started in the first place. What a crock. How about Amazon never had the item in stock in the first place and tried to put it on sale anyway. Needless to say I got the run-around on customer service, and I think I am about to stop shopping here. Anybody else want to back this up that it was never available as a lightning deal even though it was advertised as one?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010, 5:57:34 AM PST
Hmmmm... I thought it was 8:40am PACIFIC time, no? That said, I still don't see the hint that it's coming up in the lightning deal countdown list.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 5:59:34 AM PST
Nope. I guess you're right. 4:40am-8:40am Pacific. Damn.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 6:04:23 AM PST
Bogie says:
I got the deal. Maybe it was an issue with the cookies on your computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010, 6:13:20 AM PST
T. J. Cullen says:
The other 3 deals showed up without a problem, I guess you must have swooped in the nano-second it might have been available, and I missed it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 11:02:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2010, 11:04:03 AM PST
CLS10 says:
I got the deal. I set my clock for 7:35 am (EST) and waited the five minutes, clicked as soon as the Add to Cart became live and got it. FWIW, OP, I didn't have to refresh--once the countdown hit 0, the Add to Cart became live automatically without the need to refresh.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 11:43:10 AM PST
J. Hedgepeth says:
People are showing similar problems with the Back tothe Future Trilogy, I didnt get this, forgot about it, but I got BtoF. Now some of you say your were repeatedly refreshing your page, perhaps that was the problem? I watched as the ime counted down, and it changed on its own.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 11:43:18 AM PST
J. Hedgepeth says:
People are showing similar problems with the Back tothe Future Trilogy, I didnt get this, forgot about it, but I got BtoF. Now some of you say your were repeatedly refreshing your page, perhaps that was the problem? I watched as the ime counted down, and it changed on its own.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 1:36:38 PM PST
How much was the deal for?

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 1:53:51 PM PST
K. Chadwick says:
$14.99

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010, 4:54:18 PM PST
CLS10 says:
Yea, refreshing could have been the problem. You shouldn't have had to refresh, it showed up on its own once the counter his 0.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010, 9:04:58 PM PST
Rad_Racing says:
I got mine for $14.99..you gotta be ready, this thing went super fast. You snooze you lose.

Posted on Dec 9, 2010, 11:24:42 PM PST
M. Magruder says:
I know the time this went on sale comcast, or comcrap as I all them, had a major outage. This also might have been the problem. I had it in my cart and the internet went down as I was going to pay but I emailed amazon and they still honored the deal anyway even when it was not thier fault. My suggestion to you is not to call amazon but to email them when you have a problem. Every time I call them I can never get anyone that speaks or understands English but email always works great. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers