About the Product
- Your own Lightning - Upgrade Lightning's look, abilities and actions through hundreds of game-changing weapons and outfit combinations
- A constantly moving world - Nova Chrysalia moves to the beat of a relentless 24 hour clock resulting in a different journey for every player
- All new battle system - Master a completely overhauled battle system to control Lightning like never before by being able to block, dodge, and counter with precision
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Problem is, I just can't bring myself to play it much.
- Battles are a LOT of fun. Fighting system is well done and feels polished. It's a fairly radical departure from typical FF-style games, but it works really well. Easily the best part of the game.
- The gear/ability combos are a great way to add customization to the battles. I really enjoy this aspect, and gaining new items is actually enjoyable. Instead of just 'better stats', new items bring new abilities and play styles.
- Equipment designs and models are top notch! Really adds a cool aspect to the game.
- The clock timer makes you feel rushed, and somewhat limits your ability to explore. SE is trying to break out of the linear gameplay model, and they did it successfully here. Problem is, you feel really rushed at times, either because the clock is ticking or side-quests have a time limit.
- No leveling system, stats are gained from quests and side-quests. Some may enjoy this, I personally don't. Not a huge con, and is does reduce the need for level grinding (which is a positive), but it makes the battles seem a little less important.
- The story is...AWFUL. Plain and simple. It's convoluted and boring.
- The fashion accessory system is silly and pointless. I don't want to dress Lightning up in a tiara. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I can't get hooked on this game. I'm trying, and I think I'll eventually finish it, but it seems like a chore to play it. Kind of disappointing!
The soundtrack was 10/10. Need I say more? The XIII series has always had glorious OST.
The battle system is engaging, and fun and paradigm shifts are so instantaneous that they make me want to spam the L1&R1 buttons just to see if I can break the game. Also...Artemis Pierce is so awesome. Best move ever. The worthless bit to it is that you can walk during fights, but Light walks so slowly that you don't actually use it. Exterminating monsters was fun too. Running after cactuars in the desert? Not so much. Crazies run 2fast4Light.
Every outfit/weapon/shield has different stats and moves that add to your strategies. Of course, the likelihood is that you'll only go through about 10-15 of them. Will find super awesome outfit and stick to that for the most part. It irritated me how you couldn't choose the color for every component of your outfit. Some of them only had 1 part of the outfit you could change colors for, which got me sad, specially since I wanted to clad Light all black and not green, yellow, red. I didn't find a way to change weapon & shield colors. Either I missed something, didn't look well enough or its just not possible. Either way, the variety of weapons/shields were cool, though I pretty much only stuck to a select few.
There are around give or take 165 sidequests, this including character sidequests and the prayer canvas that is basically "Get x amount of x item by killing x monster". The story was relatively short unfortunately.Read more ›
Game graphics are nicely done but wish the battle would take place on the field and we'll get that on FF15 coming soon. Overall Game is fun and will keep you busy while pushing you to the limit. Being able to change light style is awesome and making her do funny things will make you lol a lot.
Lightning Returns has some difficult systems to manage that can frustrate players early on in the game experience, but become more rewarding the more you play the game. Chief among these is the World Driven Time mechanic. I spent a good portion of the game feeling rushed and not having much fun until I read up on how to manage the Chronostasis system. Once I mastered this I was able to really get into what the game had to offer.
Battle itself is can be very challenging and battle is where the game really shines. The Schemata customization lets you really make what ever type of fighter, mage, tank you like out of Lightning and the battles are fast paced and enjoyable. Though you don't level up from battle, gaining items and EP from fighting is essential to completing your objectives in the game.
The world areas, battle animations, and the music are very well done, just like in the previous games, though I found a lack of quality in the NPC models and it's obvious when compared with the main cast characters.
I would say that if you are looking for a typical JRPG experience steer clear of LR:FFXII. This is more a westernized action RPG experience then a typical RPG game. Also as I mentioned before the story takes a back seat to the games battle mechanics and ended up not drawing me in like previous FF titles.
Battle System: 9/10
Overall Fun: 8/10
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Came ahead of time.plays well and free of scratches. All good stuff for a gamerPublished 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
Thankfully I am a completionist, otherwise, I would not have bought this game. We start a new adventure as Lightning to save the world from destruction at the hands of a god with... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Hasasuki