|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $14.00 (78%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Lightspeed Magazine, June 2014: Women Destroy Science Fiction! Special Issue Kindle Edition
|Length: 490 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Part of: Lightspeed Magazine (113 Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "A master class in all the ways women are writing--and have written--some of the best science fiction available." -NPR, Named One of NPR's Best Books of 2014
- "Part of what makes this issue such a delight [is] the range and diversity of what falls under the heading of 'science fiction,' all of it written by women. From each piece to the next, the essays and the stories alike, there are shifts. These stories are united by genre and their expansion of what it mean to be in that genre, and they do not echo each other. Each has unique touches, angles, and interests; if nothing else, it's great work to have collected them all together under one aegis to explore what it means to say that women don't write sf and how frankly absurd that is. But more than that, too, because these stories are so very good." -Tor.com
- "Gather[s] together some of the strongest voices in science fiction. ... Filled with beautifully crafted science fiction stories, original artwork, and interviews. ... Beautiful and thought-provoking." -FangirlNation
From the Author
- ASIN : B00KPEWAJK
- Print length : 490 pages
- Publication date : May 31, 2014
- File size : 2512 KB
- Publisher : John Joseph Adams (May 31, 2014)
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Language: : English
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #860,079 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
E no, le donne non distruggono la fantascienza; le donne le danno voce, la aprono, la fanno crescere, la portano in lidi inquietanti e dolorosi e splendidi e alieni e nuovi e familiari.
Alcune di queste storie sono difficili da dimenticare, da quanto sono scritte bene. Buona lettura!
The stories here contain some work by well-known names, and others by relative newcomers. The various editors have chosen their material well.
Definitely worth the money for any SF fan, chauvinist or otherwise.