- Product Dimensions: 82.7 x 161 x 55 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.4 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B005DS5XIS
- Item model number: 26928-BV
- Average Customer Review: 138 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #272,545 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Lightspeed Outdoors Ample 6-Person Instant Tent, Gray
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Spacious, quick set-up tent sleeps up to 6 people and is perfect for family car camping trips and is easy to use
- Integrated side-pull hub system allows for ultra-quick set up and tear down of this 6-person tent
- Large front door with extended awning, 4 windows with zippered blinds, and removable rain fly
- 68D 190T polyester fabric tent walls and fly; 120G PE bath tub-style floor; includes carrying case with strap, guylines and stakes for added stability
- Tent measures 158.5 x 80.5 x 55-inches (LxWxH); peak height: 55-inches; weighs 14-pounds
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Excellent ventilation and large front door with extended awning.
About Lightspeed Outdoors
At Lightspeed Outdoors, we know you want maximum relaxation time. Our love of the outdoors is what pushes us to create highly durable, easy to use products that are fun and functional, so you can get to what’s most important – time outside.
It doesn’t matter if your passion takes you to the beach or the mountains, warm weather or cold, Lightspeed Outdoors has a something for every adventure to make the outdoors easy to enjoy.
Ample 6-Person Instant Tent by Lightspeed Outdoors
Large enough to sleep six people on traditional sleeping pads or accommodate two large inflatable beds, the Ample 6-Person Instant Tent from Lightspeed Outdoors sets up quickly thanks to the integrated hub and pole system, which makes set-up and take-down fast and easy.
The four windows with zippered blinds can be adjusted to balance privacy and ventilation. A separate rainfly is attached in the conventional over-the-pole manner and can be easily removed. It also features a large front door, and extended awning for added protection. Plenty of interior pockets help keep you organized. Construction materials include fully-taped seams with water-resistant, breathable polyester for the tent walls and PE for the bath tub-style floor.
- Accommodates two large inflatable beds, or sleeps up to six people on sleeping pads.
Sets Up in Seconds — Revolutionary Built-in Pole and Hub System
Standing behind Ample 6-Person Instant Tent, lay tent flat with central hub upright.
Unfold the side flaps.
Make sure poles are fully extended. Lock lower poles joints together by pushing the bottom two pole sections toward each other.
Lift tent up by lower hub with one hand. With your other hand, begin to pull the cord. Continue to pull cord back until upper and lower hubs connect.
As hub gets closer to connecting, the resistance will increase and the tent will bow out.
Assemble the shock-cord side poles.
Insert side pole into grommet hole on each side of the tent and attach clips to pole.
Attach the fly to the tent and insert the vestibule pole.
Stake out the guy lines from the fly to the ground.
Note: secure hook and loop on the underside of the fly to the poles.
The Lightspeed Outdoors hub system enables you to set up and take down the Ample 6-Person Instant Tent in seconds. The main area sets up with pre-attached poles and hub system. Telescoping poles elevate the main tent upward and lock into place, and additional poles are attached to frame out the remainder of the tent. All that's left to do is attach the rain fly and stake out the guylines.
When you're ready to head home, first remove the stakes, rainfly, and side poles, then press down on the lower gray poles of the hub to quickly collapse the tent. Fold in the side flaps and poles toward the central hub, then roll it up for storing in the included carry bag.
Lightspeed Beds and Pads
Ensure a comfortable night's sleep in your Ample 6 Instant Tent with Lightspeed Outdoors' lineup of inflatable bedding, including a self-inflating foam sleep pad and an air bed with battery-operated pump. For air bed users, Lightspeed Outdoors also offers a foam topper pad for additional warmth and plush comfort.
- Floor Dimensions: 158.5 x 80.5 x 55 in. (93 sq. ft.).
- Peak Height: 55 in.
- Tent & Fly Material: Breathable polyester, fully-taped seams, water-resistant coating.
- Floor Material: PE
- Openings: 1 door, 4 windows, 3 vents.
- Number of Pockets: 4
- Packed Size: 36 x 9 inches, 14 pounds
|Self Inflating Sleep Pad||2-Person PVC-Free Air Bed||Foam Topper for Air Mattresses||Inflatable Pillow with Machine Washable Cover||Mammoth 6-person instant tent||Kid's Indoor/Outdoor Fort|
|Lightspeed's Camping Pad, Bed, Topper and Pillow||Compact pad great for backpacking, car camping, sleepovers||Ideal for car camping, or as an extra bed for sleepover guests||Adds comfort to Air Bed while car camping or using for sleepovers||Soft, warm and noise free pillow with machine washable cover||6-person tent with built in rainfly||Fun for kids to have their own indoor/outdoor camp adventure|
|Comfort and Warmth||Self inflating 3-inch pillow/side rails and 2-inch thick center foam (R-Value of 5.6)||Air mattress with patented stabilizing system to minimize bounce||Non-inflating 1/2-inch thick comfort foam||Flexform stretch fabric and machine washable micro-fleece cover||2000mm PU coated walls, PolyOxford floor||UPF 50+, Kid durable floor|
|Installation||Self-inflates with a twist of the nozzle||Battery operated pump (batteries not included)||Topper secures to air mattresses via fitted sheet-style side panels||Inflate with a few quick breaths||Compression hub, telescoping pre-threaded poles||Top-pull hub with pre-threaded poles for instant set up|
|Capacity||1 people||1 to 2 people||1 to 2 people||1 person||6 people||Multiple kids and unlimited imaginary friends|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||74-1/2 x 25 x 2/3 inches||79 x 55 x 6-1/4 inches||80 x 60 x 1/2 inches (fits Double and Queen mattresses)||20 x 11.5 x 5 inches||120 x 108 x 79 inches||48 x 48 x 39 inches|
|Weight||3.8 pounds||6.0 pounds||3.4 pounds||Less than 1 pound||15.5 pounds||3 pounds|
|Pack Size||26.7 x 6.4 inches||18.4 x 9.2 inches||16.25 x 8.75 inches||5 x 3 inches||43 x 8 x 8 inches||30 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Material Construction||TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) polyester (Phthalate/PVC-free)||TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) layered polyester oxford (Phthalate/PVC-free)||Jersey style sheet with foam insert||Flexform stretch fabric with machine washable cover (Phthalate/PVC-free)||2000mm PU coated walls, PolyOxford floor||450mm PU coating, Polyester, UPF 50+|
The Ample 6-Person Instant Tent from Lightspeed Outdoors can accommodate two large inflatable beds or can sleep six people on traditional sleeping pads. Plenty of interior pockets help keep you organized. The four windows with zippered blinds can be adjusted to balance privacy and ventilation. It also features a separate, removable rain fly (with taped seams), large front door, and extended awning for added protection. Lightspeed Outdoors' hub system with side-pull design enables you to set up and take down in seconds. The Ample 6-Person tent measures 158.5 x 80.5 x 55-inches (LxWxH), packs down to 36 x 9-inches (LxW), and weighs 14-pounds. Construction materials include 68D 190T breathable polyester for the tent walls and rain fly and 120G PE for the bath tub-style floor. Lightspeed Outdoors is committed to making the outdoors easy so you can spend less time hassling with your gear and more time enjoying life -- no matter if your passion takes you to the beach or the mountains, warm weather or cold.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
-The tent seems to be built as well as any Coleman that I have had. The zippers are reinforced, the floor is tarp material, the loops and hooks for the stakes are tough.
-Set up/take down is very easy. The concept they use to raise the tent makes it extremely easy to put up and take down. It is different from what I was used to, but once I did it the first time, it was a snap after that.
- It looks good. I know that this isn't exactly what people think of when purchasing a tent, but in case that it is, this tent looks bad-ass when it's set up.
- It's a good size. Not too big, not too small. I fit a queen size air mattress, a twin air mattress and miscellaneous bags in there also with a little room to have to get dressed.
- Didn't leak in a mild rain
- Rain flap doesn't cover up the windows!! The most recent trip I went on, the temp during the day was in the upper 80's with 90% humidity (NW Georgia). One of the days we had about an hour of rain come down, and leading up to that we had to close all 4 of the windows in this tent because the rain flap doesn't cover any of the 2 side windows, and most, but not all of the door and back windows. It made for a very long, hot night because we had to close the windows. Even though we had to close the windows, the tent did not leak.
- It's not very tall. I am 5'4" and can see over the top of the tent from the outside, so I would guess this tent is only about 5'2" high in the center. I'm sure that is in the specs somewhere, I just didn't pay enough attention to it when I bought it, so I'm putting it here in case a tall person is interested in this tent.
- The carrying bag ripped the first time I tried to get the tent back into it. Of course as everyone knows, once you take something out of a bag and open it, sometimes it is very difficult to get them back in. That is the case here. The tent will fold up just like the directions say, but it is a very tight fit getting it back into the bag, and the bag is just a little too small so it ripped.
Overall this tent is ok. I will probably try to find me a Coleman and save this one for my son when he gets older and starts camping on his own. I would recommend this tent mainly because of it's price-point, but if you have more money to spend on a nicer brand like Coleman or Wenzel, then I would do it.
We are sorry to hear about your experience with the bag ripping and problems with the rain fly and would like the opportunity to take care of you. Please contact us directly at CS@lightspeedoutdoors.com or call 855-564-3672 for an immediate resolution.
I bought this tent after Christmas for a music festival me and my friends were planning to attend. After reading the reviews a lot of people complained about leaks in the tent when it rains, so I put it up yesterday and left it over night to test the seals against the rain and this morning the tent not only leaked, but one of the legs broke off. Now I'm tentless and I only used it once.