Like A Virgin: Secrets They Won't Teach You at Business School Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Richard Branson is the Leonardo da Vinci of business. His unquenchable curiosity combined with contagious extroversion is the alchemy behind the 400+ successful businesses he has created. This book, consisting of 76 short essays and articles, documents the lessons he has learned. Numerous examples, most drawn from real-life experiences with people at his Virgin Group companies, are a roadmap for others in business to turbocharge their own success.
Branson's "Like a Virgin" reveals just what a huge gap exists in modern business school curriculum. Do they teach these things like this?
- A CEO needs "a certain generosity of spirit."
- "You have to protect your people."
- "You must be fearless."
- "Business favors people who, when they see a problem or injustice, try to do something about it."
- "Leaders have empathy ... for people who are affected by the business's operations."
- Show generous praise for employees caught doing something right: amp it up!
- Think big. Build small.
- "The sky is no longer the limit."
- Be very tolerant of mistakes. Move on. Give employees second chances (he did so even with a thief!)
Business should be fun. Employees are co-entrepreneurs and enthusiastic brand ambassadors. Challenge. Celebrate. Keep splitting the company into smaller businesses as it grows to avoid bureaucracy and empower employees.
There is no identifiable progression of thought to the sequence of these articles.Read more ›
If you have read his other books, this one is the one to skip. While the advice in this book is solid, it's repetitive after having read the other books. And while the other books had a great connection and good flow, these "short stories" do not.
Richard Branson seems like a really nice guy and his approach to business and life are simply awesome. So, buy his other books and skip this one. It is much more fun to enjoy his stories that way.
The book tells you that you can do everything you want and only the sky is the limit. But you have to fight for your dream. It is not something you can do easy and it shows that in life and in business are lots of obstacles.
Every obstacle and every failure is only something you can learn from it to do it better in your next step. It gives lots of ideas what you can do as an entrepreneur as long as you focus on your goal.
I enjoyed the book very much and I liked the writing style of Richard Branson. It gives you an idea what he went through when starting his business. I highly recommend the book when starting your own business as an entrepreneur.
These insides that give you Richard Branson you won’t get at any business school because this is something you have to experience on your own. You might get some basic ideas in school but the real life is very much different from theory.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book will open your eyes on the way we do things. If you are looking for change, like quitting you J.O.B, have a read of this and see what you can come up with. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Leigh
Nice read from a success story willing to share points of wisdom in a conversational style as if you're having lunch with him. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Daryl J. Osborne
A good read with a different layout than a book you just read right through from cover to cover. You can pick and choose what you read, go through it like a reference book, etc. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Doug Saylor
Great book !!! Fast and easy to read, it includes very valuable insights reinforcing the importance of the client centric strategy as well as to pick the right teamPublished 1 month ago by Marcelo Rojas Decut
Is a must read for any person who wants to start an entrepreneurial journey. Richard as always did an excellent job giving the right advices and lessons that you may need to take... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Andrés Vargas
Nice read and very motivational. Laid out very simple and easy to read!i enjoy following Branson in his business endeavors!Published 9 months ago by Brenda
Amazing and inspiring information. I'm just raring to go now.Published 9 months ago by Victoria Nwogu
This is the "Chicken Soup" for the Radical Entrepreneur's soul. Point blank period.Published 9 months ago by Larry Charles
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Money > Personal Finance
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Career Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help