Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Open Door forum

Like you--about Amy's sister?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2007, 5:20:48 PM PDT
Amy's little sister died when Amy was six, and Amy wrote Hello because of it. Is like you also for her sister? If you check in the lyric book, it says "I long to be like you, lie cold in the ground like you, there's room inside for two, and I'm not grieving for you.." Well, later in the song, she makes a noise that adds to the line, and sounds like, " I long to be like you, sis.." Any answers?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2007, 10:03:29 AM PDT
yeah i believe this song is about her sister. i heard somewhere that she wrote a song about her sister for this album too. so i would think from the lyrics "i long to be like you, sis" that it would be this song.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2007, 9:17:49 AM PDT
mewtwo says:
Yeah, she wrote this about her sister. It's on wikipedia.org under The Open Door's article.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2008, 2:00:13 PM PST
Yes, it is. Amy herself confirmed it in an interview.

I actually noticed that line the first time I heard that song, before I even knew her sister had died. It was creepy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Open Door forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 31, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 29, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
The Open Door
The Open Door by Evanescence (Audio CD - 2014)
4.4 out of 5 stars (627)