|Fits as expected||
Lilyette by Bali Women's Everyday Foam T-Shirt Bra
|Price:||$20.00 - $28.99 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Body: 76% Polyamide, 24% Elastane; Back Lining: 85% Polyester, 15% Elastane
- Hook and Eye closure
- Hand Wash
- Back smoothing features eliminate bulge and provide a seamless look
- Full coverage cups provide ultimate shaping for all day support
- Leotard back and straps deliver stay there support
- 4 Row Stretch Hook and Eye for extra give when you need it
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Comfort everyday and flattering in every way! our lilyette® back smoothing t-shirt bra is your everyday solution for comfort and fit!
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 8 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005GN8BZC
- Item model number: 426
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 1, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Other pros for this specific bra that Lilyette makes vs some of their others:
1) In most sizes the back closure has four rows of hooks instead of three.
2) The shoulder straps are wider/padded at the top and then the adjustable material in the back is wider and more durable than many other comparable bras.
3) The adjustment piece and the point where the back straps connect to the bra are both parts that are actually made of metal, not flimsy plastic!
4) The cups are not molded (something I hate in bigger bra sizes - why do I need foam molding to add heat and add to size?!) - and instead they consist of two smooth stretchy layers that are super-comfortable while still being enough fabric to provide good shaping and to minimize the chance of 'headlights' coming out!
1) The sizing can be a bit tricky. I am normally a 36-38 DDD depending on brand but with this particular bra I've actually found that 40 DD or DDD fits the best - the band on these is nice and strong and not overly stretchy so you could probably go up a band size without worrying about it being too loose...
2) Availability - I have found the bra in at least 6-8 different colors and in the 36-40DDD size range else where and it looks like Amazon doesn't carry that...
3) Related to sizing - if the band is too small so the cups don't really fit (or if it's too big) you might find that the outer part of each under-wire tries to 'bump' out under your arm-pit - not uncomfortable by any means but a bit annoying...
So four stars based on the minor 'cons' above - but overall I highly recommend this bra!
The bra I received from this purchase was a disaster. Not only was I spilling out of the top, but the band between my breasts pulled away from my chest, both hallmarks of a bra that isn't doing the wearer any good.
To make matters worse, the size I'd purchased was actually one size UP from Lilyette's size guide. I should have ordered a 38DD according to that guide. I ordered instead a 40DD, based on my in-store experience. What I received was a 40DD that was much smaller than the 40DD I tried on in a store.
To compound the problem further, my purchase was from Maidenform as opposed to Amazon. They over-charged me on the shipping, which I know for certain because they made ME pay for the return. Plus, they won't refund the value of the original shipping/handling. So I've paid $12.50 for the luxury of finding out Lilyette's sizing is inaccurate AND inconsistent between bras of the same size.
I don't know if Maidenform is selling "outlet" merchandise here, which has a reputation for being "imperfect," ie cheap and unfit for standard retail. Or maybe their bras truly aren't consistent and you can find 2 40DD's that greatly vary in actual size. I'm not going to take the chance again on a $40 bra. Will not purchase a Lilyette or Maidenform bra online OR in-store.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my favorite style bra. It goes up the underarm just the right amt. to hide some of my flab there. I really like its perfect fit for me.Published on January 2, 2014 by Teresa
Look good under any top and gives the support and coverage needed. I found two while shopping at Macy's in San Francisco, but wanted another as backup!Published on June 7, 2013 by Terry H.
This is by far the best bra I have ever purchased and the back smoothing really does work on my smiley back!!!! LOL!!!Published on April 22, 2013 by MicheleMichele
I am always trying on bras to find a comfortable one that doesn't make your back all bulgy. This bra works and fits wonderfully. It is comfortable and gives a natural shape. Read morePublished on March 3, 2013 by Stacy Thompson